Vent 2022 Vents / regrets

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not often I vent ....only ever do it every 3rd match, so an infrequent visitor to this thread

Had the (VC) on Macrae all day yesterday .....until the late outs, indicated Matt Flynn out, & Preuss solo ruck

Given my disdain for Preuss all season, I showboated and said I'll put the (VC) to English, after the news

My heart overrode my head ....and I paid the price, for not sticking with my original Macrae selection

It's not often I vent ....only ever do it every 3rd match, so an infrequent visitor to this thread

Had the (VC) on Macrae all day yesterday .....until the late outs, indicated Matt Flynn out, & Preuss solo ruck

Given my disdain for Preuss all season, I showboated and said I'll put the (VC) to English, after the news

My heart overrode my head ....and I paid the price, for not sticking with my original Macrae selection
If it makes you feel better I did the same thing, only I captained Treolar instead.

What are the chances of Pruess getting injured? Well pretty high really... Sorry not helpful but I nearly traded him back in aswell. If Flynn was out earlier I 100% would have but I decided I'd give him a week so I could see how he looked after being out for a while.

He had played 2 games in a row in the seconds though so I thought that he would be fine.

Just isn't my year this year. :(

Not a lot of "regrets" this week's besides Witts as C.

Vents: Ken Stinkly for not picking Hayes and Simmo for making Clark sub. Rosass for getting the illness. That left me with 18 after 3 trades. Then Butters was off to a flyer then got injured, Teakle was looking ok to then got injured. Peatling cooked his hammy and barely played whole game for 7. Clark was sub so lucky to get 44. 1732. GAGF

2 weeks ago I traded out Preuss for Flynn to win a cashie. Flynn bangs out a paultry 77 and I lose my cashy by 10 or so points.

Fast forward a week later. Flynn late OUT. I get stuck with Brynn's score of 30. I lose a cashy by 30 or so points.

Now I find out Flynn is unavailable for 2-3 weeks so I've flicked him to ROB.

This whole season has been an absolute disaster. Started off strong the first 6 weeks, was in the top 3k. And then bad luck took over and completely wrecked my season. Didn't pick a captain score over 115 for 6 weeks, during that time I fell out to as high as 20k.

I regret burning through my trades, I feel like the second half of the season could've been salvaged but after the byes only having 5 trades left and a completed side doesn't really give you a chance in the second half of the season. I burnt through trades trying to catch up and make up ground after falling so far behind in such little time, I was unable to score over 1800 in the bye rounds, the last bye round I had only 13 players. I used a total of 10 trades in the rucks this season.

I regret bringing in players like Pendlebury and zorko based on their names and prior performances.

Being too stubborn to pick rookies who were/are popular and focused too much on completing my side and making up ground. Turns out doing that meant I was unable to field rookies and generate the cash to bring in proper premiums instead of people like Zac Bailey.

Another huge regret I have was picking Bailey over himmelberg. Had him all day and then listened to a few here about his role and the club he plays for which at the time were true and correct comments. But ultimately I made the decision and that's my problem.

This game is heavily based on luck and some skill is involved, I have the right players, sure there's some that are risky but ultimately I have a good chunk of players that most coaches have, it just comes down to nailing your captain choice each week and looping the correct players. I'm current ranked in my cashie 16th but overall I'm currently ranked 5th.

Definitely next season I won't be burning my trades so quickly to catch up, naturally if you select the best rookies and trade at the right time there is time to make up ground.

Another thing I've realised this season is that the mid season draft is a gold mine for rookies. I'll be saving trades for the mid season draft because clubs pick players based on holes they need to fill and we've seen last year that a few came through and this year the same.

This is without doubt my worst season I've ever had. My best is 2000ish and my worst is currently this one which will be around the 20k mark.

I'll stop posting once I've posted this as I'm pretty annoyed this season as my mates and I take our cashie pretty serious. See y'all in 2023.

Starting to get a bit over trading in players who get injured or reported. Starting to add up.

Thompson- knee the week I brought him in.

Steele- shoulder the week I brought him in.

Stewart- reported the week I trade him in.

Parish- played 2 games, subbed out then misses 2 weeks.

Owens- concussed week I traded him in.

chuck in Butters and Gawn injuries around that and there’s a few extra trades gone and some cash gen.

Starting to get a bit over trading in players who get injured or reported. Starting to add up.

chuck in Butters and Gawn injuries around that and there’s a few extra trades gone and some cash gen.
Certainly just luck with all those. I was about to trade in both English and Stewart but didn't. Just pure luck I waited a week on both.

Certainly just luck with all those. I was about to trade in both English and Stewart but didn't. Just pure luck I waited a week on both.

Butters injury forced my hand with Stewart. Was going to go Docherty but went Stewart due to cash league matches.

Hopefully the wheel turns, same thing happened last year 😞

Who are you trading in this week so I know who to avoid?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pending Stewart decision, looking like Hall or Doch down back.
Well at least they're both proven stoics over the journey...oh, wait, ARE YOU KIDDING?

You list the tale of injury woe above and then it comes down to hair-line hamstrings versus man of cancer?

Well at least they're both proven stoics over the journey...oh, wait, ARE YOU KIDDING?

You list the tale of injury woe above and then it comes down to hair-line hamstrings versus man of cancer?

Well I’m 6k short of Stewart to Dawson in one trade. Most have Doch, not a lot have Hall, can either join the crowd or look for a POD.

Other options could be
-Rich
-Dale
-Crisp

Well I’m 6k short of Stewart to Dawson in one trade. Most have Doch, not a lot have Hall, can either join the crowd or look for a POD.

Other options could be
-Rich
-Dale
-Crisp
Only gaggin' as they say; Doch looks sound as a bell this year. Hall kills it on the score front though and I admire anybody taking a leap to improve their bottom line.
Being conservative in initial selection cost me dearly in corrective trades early doors, so bloody go for it mate.

I posted here a while ago that I would never watch a Freo game this year as I don’t have Brodie. Well I had to watch this ******* shitter score 130 against my mob whilst the rest of his team gets absolutely flogged. I start to see everyone posting their completed teams whilst I still have a budget F6 in Jackson and I’m thinking how did they get all this money to get in Bontempelli / Libba. Then I realise this Brodie flog has made them 440k, would be nice to have this kind of money laying around. * you Brodie.

I posted here a while ago that I would never watch a Freo game this year as I don’t have Brodie. Well I had to watch this ******* shitter score 130 against my mob whilst the rest of his team gets absolutely flogged. I start to see everyone posting their completed teams whilst I still have a budget F6 in Jackson and I’m thinking how did they get all this money to get in Bontempelli / Libba. Then I realise this Brodie flog has made them 440k, would be nice to have this kind of money laying around. * you Brodie.

Animated GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back