VFL 2022 VFL R6 v Coburg (SAT APRIL 30 1.05pm @ PIRANHA PARK) [Stream: AFL app & https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/4207]

Remove this Banner Ad

He was far from established, he wasn’t a debutant but he was in the reserves. Got an opportunity to play on ball and thrived. Ball doesn’t got down with his knee and who knows maybe Beams never turns out the player he was…
Then we don’t waste first round picks getting him back and we are in a much better position today.

Was Chugg in the midfield last week or is he just named here this week?

I didn’t catch the last game.
I didn’t catch it in full last week, but when I did he was running through the middle. He was nominally a mid today as well and by nominally I mean he did nothing in what was a fill ya boots match. Turning back the clock if I’d have known how poor Coburg were no way would I have suggested Henry in the guts…

Fowler is such a clever front and centre player , something we could use alongside the Ginni , could make an electrifying duo who cause headaches for oppo backmen. The other one who I think has the goods , is Glover , reads the ball beautifully and is a very good intercept mark. I can see those 2 been on a senior list soon , hopefully ours .

Giving kids a game before their ready can set their development back rather than helping it. Playing Begg is a big risk and hopefully hes mentally prepared to be dominated physically and not drop his head.

Think this is largely a myth. Those that suffer were probably never going to make it anyway. There is no way of proving this is true or not.

Going through the WRFL scores… Derek Egolesse- Smith played for point cook today…

Something 🐠 going on

Nothing suspicious at all. The 'Egg' does not exist, has never existed.

will smith mib GIF

Things I liked:

Ollie's breakout game (17 touches, 10 marks, 11 shots on goal, 7 goals)
Chuggy in the midfield
Wetering's first game was quite impressive.Has a real nice kicking action
Kelly's best game before he went off (hopefully he is okay)
Ruscoe was quite good
Draper had classy moments
McMahon looking good in defence
Harrison/Murley have something special
Someone draft the rat

Think this is largely a myth. Those that suffer were probably never going to make it anyway. There is no way of proving this is true or not.
There's also no way of proving that it helps.

My view is that it helps some and hinders some depending on personality type and how a kid reacts to failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going through the WRFL scores… Derek Egolesse- Smith played and was BOG for point cook today…

Something 🐠 going on

I always thought Lane was the most likely to be elevated for whoever was the senior sub. Wasn’t sure why people were suggesting DES. Even more so when you think Brown and Bianco are forward-mids and DES is a defender. Even Molloy who was the promoted is a more logical option.

I always thought Lane was the most likely to be elevated for whoever was the senior sub. Wasn’t sure why people were suggesting DES. Even more so when you think Brown and Bianco are forward-mids and DES is a defender. Even Molloy who was the promoted is a more logical option.
If you are picking the best 22 today DES is clearly in it.
Whether we are hiding him for the MSD or are oblivious to his talents , you be the judge

Cox had 21 disposals today, 3 goals and 25 hitouts. Begg better be good.

Great game, obviously, but how did he end up with only 25 hitouts? Were there simply no stoppages for the game?

Tell me about this lad…height, skills, speed? What position.

I doubt you’ll hide anyone these days
He s been on Richmond list before. Back flanker who's really clean and smart. Richmond bigfooty fans felt he was a bit soft. Hasn't looked it at all for us. I think he used his body beautifully in the early season games.

I haven’t done the sums, but I’m wondering if this requirement is a factor in our selection? We haven’t had a game yet where all of Hartley, Jetta and Eggmolesse-Smith have played. After our over 22 AFL players and I assume our two VFL captains there wouldn’t be a lot of flexibility left.

“VFL selection rules 2022” said:
The change increases the requirement for clubs to name seven players under the age of 22 (at January 1) from this year’s six, noting this number includes AFL-listed players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back