Who will win the Victorian election

• Labor

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Coalition

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's unfortunate but not unsurprising as I'm guessing Karl just made a dick of himself and was most likely wrong on most of his points.
Watching TV bobble heads say "wage-spiral" like they know what they're talking about and being reamed by Union leaders who point out that the current inflation is being caused by a "corporate-profit-spiral" just warms the soul.

Watching TV bobble heads say "wage-spiral" like they know what they're talking about and being reamed by Union leaders who point out that the current inflation is being caused by a "corporate-profit-spiral" just warms the soul.
Karl is getting paid $1.8m to host a tv show and has an apparent net worth of $6.5m. Glad he was put back in his little box.

Maybe ol Karlos can come do a 10-14 for a month, rather than just pull an all nighter on Logies night like he usually does.

Harriet Shing MP in the gun for IBAC:
Will IBAC issue a statement tomorrow or will my MLC come clean.

'IBAC’s stinging criticism of the Labor-led IOC and the new Labor minister raises the stakes in the emerging political battleground of integrity and corruption ahead of the November 26 election.'
IBAC has claimed the committee’s views have been “improperly affected and informed by the confidential submissions without having provided IBAC the opportunity to review or respond”.

'In a cover letter to the submission, Commissioner Redlich has requested the follow-up statement be placed on the committee’s website. The submission was posted on the committee’s website shortly after 5pm Tuesday.'

Would the Victorian State Election be known as 'Murdoch's Last Stand', seeing that Rupert Murdoch and his various news networks (ie Sky News Australia, Herald Sun, The Australian) are fast losing their influence and impact on Australian politics, as was evidenced in the recent federal election? Rupert Murdoch badly needs the Coalition to emerge victorious on November 26, otherwise News Limited is in real trouble.
FYI Jas, News Corp has released its latest set of figures* that suggest your 'real trouble' comment is you fantasising. Guees you really knew that:
Got any numbers to support your motherhood claim?
& your knowledge of News Limited as an entity is dated (in line with your claimed knowledge/bog ignorance).

'Until the formation of News Corporation in 1979, News Limited was the principal holding company for the business interests of Rupert Murdoch and his family. Since then, News Limited had been wholly owned by News Corporation. In 2004, News Corporation announced its intention to reincorporate to the United States. On 3 November News Corp Limited ceased trading on the Australian Stock Exchange; and on 8 November, News Corporation began trading on the New York Stock Exchange.'
Must have been hidden from you Jas: News Corp Australia - Wikipedia

*here you go Jascave , knock yourself out.
Go to the source and this line:
Continued strong cash generation funding the execution of the $1 billion share repurchase program[URLunfurl="true"]
[/URL]

OR, stop believing your own fantasy is related to the real world.

Last edited:
Plenty more material for a Dee Madigan style job on Dan here:

'More GPs being trained and hired is the answer to Victoria’s worsening ambulance ramping, the state’s ambulance union says.
Ambulance Victoria could not respond to almost a third of all code 1 calls within the recommended time period as people are forced to wait longer in emergency departments for urgent treatment, new data shows.

Victoria’s paramedics received 97,928 code-1 call outs in the last quarter with only 64 per cent responded to within the 15-minute benchmark well under the 85 per cent target, according to quarterly healthcare performance data released on Saturday.

Victorian Ambulance Union general secretary Danny Hill said he was “not at all surprised that the response times have deteriorated badly”. “I do not believe the problem is entirely with ambo resources,”

“Ambulance Victoria has a massive increase in demand, but most of them are lower-equity cases painting an impossible scenario for the paramedics.

“Lower-equity cases consist of situations that are not life-threatening cases needing immediate care, they are people who are in need of healthcare but cannot access it from their GPs or aged care services.’’

They can divert low acuity calls to virtual ED
Though not great for people without smartphones (probably older people at a guess who have more health issues)

*here you go Jascave , knock yourself out.
Go to the source and this line:
Continued strong cash generation funding the execution of the $1 billion share repurchase program[URLunfurl="true"]
[/URL]

OR, stop believing your own fantasy is related to the real world.
Aren't those figures for worldwide Newscorpse media? I read the posters comments were about Australia media interests.

Are those increases based on last years figures where he made big losses?

Kwality defending Murdoch to the hilt?

Me shock!

Shocked Oh My God GIF

Aren't those figures for worldwide Newscorpse media? I read the posters comments were about Australia media interests.

Are those increases based on last years figures where he made big losses?

As lodged in the USA. Google it.
About News Corp
News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content and other products and services. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: digital real estate services, subscription video services in Australia, news and information services and book publishing. Headquartered in New York, News Corp operates primarily in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom, and its content and other products and services are distributed and consumed worldwide. More information is available at: News Corp.

OR
&

Note: the parent company is the owner, i.e not News Limited, but go figure, IF you were to familiarise yourself with News Corp, on which you are posting. That you do not says plenty about your criticism of Murdoch, no not Dame Elisabeth.

About News Corp
News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content and other products and services. The company comprises businesses across a range of media, including: digital real estate services, subscription video services in Australia, news and information services and book publishing. Headquartered in New York, News Corp operates primarily in the United States, Australia, and the United Kingdom, and its content and other products and services are distributed and consumed worldwide. More information is available at: News Corp.

OR
&

Note: the parent company is the owner, i.e not News Limited, but go figure, IF you were to familiarise yourself with News Corp, on which you are posting. That you do not says plenty about your criticism of Murdoch, no not Dame Elisabeth.
Why are you incapable of answering pretty direct questions?

If you don't know, that's okay, no-one on here would think any less of you than they already do.

About News Corp

OR
&

Relevance.
Jascave clearly referencing influence. And you respond with financials.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Coupled with a belief that the alp would change some things. What can the vic lnp point to that people can believe in?

At this stage its the incompetent (Guy) versus the ALP or the Andrews Government.
Choose the weapons that resonate most with uncommitted voters, from say flawed, liar, integrity, women, the lockdown, health or whatever the advertising guru, the equal of Ms Madigan, can identify as winning issues to knock Dan.
There is no use going to policy, there is nothing to be had there.

Take health, you know the weaknesses - how would you weaponise them with the pictures behind them. They dont have to be honest as we all know, cut & shut is fair game. Say Ms Garrett, Ms Mikakos & the other three health ministers. Fertile ground.

Think 'I cant recall' of the Coate inquiry, it wasnt a Court of law.

Try to destroy Dan on the altar of integrity using IBAC. Fertile ground for quotes/pictures.

Its a long shot because incompetent v. Dans integrity is all they've got. In footy speak, go the man, you cant get the ball.

Why are you incapable of answering pretty direct questions?

If you don't know, that's okay, no-one on here would think any less of you than they already do.

Google it beyond you, or you cant read a set of financials. Thats whats in play by an OP, who is uninformed & was offered the opportunity to put up & did not.

Anything 'Murdoch is toxic' is folklore on BF & I have the gall it out. Always devoid of facts is that discussion & invariably a pile on, see here.
If the cap fits ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relevance.
Jascave clearly referencing influence. And you respond with financials.

Jas chose not to respond (as entitled) when challenged. He could have made your response, but did not.

Like most criticism of Murdoch, it is opinion, unsupported in fact. No, I'm not claiming he is an angel, needs to be said to save the normal response of group think.

Jas chose not to respond (as entitled) when challenged. He could have made your response, but did not.

Like most criticism of Murdoch, it is opinion, unsupported in fact. No, I'm not claiming he is an angel, needs to be said to save the normal response of group think.

Probably didn't respond because you went of on a tangent.

But we agree it is an opinion. And nothing that can be supported with 'facts' (if that what it boils down to) - because there are none both sides.

But a straw poll on BigFooty posters would indicate a front page opinion piece doesn't have the influence it once did on political influence. Once upon a not to distant past, reading the paper on the train was common. That is now a rarity and I suspect that it hasn't been replaced by a digital subscription.

Now back to the thread topic.

At this stage its the incompetent (Guy) versus the ALP or the Andrews Government.
Choose the weapons that resonate most with uncommitted voters, from say flawed, liar, integrity, women, the lockdown, health or whatever the advertising guru, the equal of Ms Madigan, can identify as winning issues to knock Dan.
There is no use going to policy, there is nothing to be had there.

Take health, you know the weaknesses - how would you weaponise them with the pictures behind them. They dont have to be honest as we all know, cut & shut is fair game. Say Ms Garrett, Ms Mikakos & the other three health ministers. Fertile ground.

Think 'I cant recall' of the Coate inquiry, it wasnt a Court of law.

Try to destroy Dan on the altar of integrity using IBAC. Fertile ground for quotes/pictures.

Its a long shot because incompetent v. Dans integrity is all they've got. In footy speak, go the man, you cant get the ball.
I don't have an issue with the LNP trying that sort of messaging
I think though that they don't have enough credibility to make it work. This is where Guy's chief of staff issue has really hurt; prior to that I saw a viable attack line on integrity and accountability.

Just so you all don't get all jolly shortly when you see Andrews self ingratiating about delivering on the Mental Health Hubs around the state. Its a complete facade. He will go to Frankston shortly and announce them being opened, however up here there is a mad scramble to find a solitary worker to put in the local hub just so the announcement can be made that, 'we've delivered...they are operating'. There isn't even an office for the person to sit in, nor do they have any capacity to take referrals. But the message has come through from the State Gov....get a person in there so we can announce.....theres actually supposed to be 24 staff operating this hub so people can actually get help.

What ******* sh*tstain.

Don't think the 'teals'/independent candidates won't win as many seats as they did in the recent federal election.

Don't think the 'teals'/independent candidates won't win as many seats as they did in the recent federal election.
10% of the Federal seats are Greens/Independents. Current Vic lower house is 5/88 so a bit over 5%. I can see that doubling to 10 easily. Lot of protests votes this election. People being mad at Labor for lockdowns but hate the Libs.

10% of the Federal seats are Greens/Independents. Current Vic lower house is 5/88 so a bit over 5%. I can see that doubling to 10 easily. Lot of protests votes this election. People being mad at Labor for lockdowns but hate the Libs.
It will be interesting to watch. My gut feeling the community support for the independents is no where near as strong on State based issues. And that was a significant reason for their Federal success.

The Victoria Party has lost all momentum and struggling to get any media coverage now. I will be surprised if the anti-lockdown brigade could coordinate a successful campaign resulting in a lower house win.

Google it beyond you, or you cant read a set of financials. Thats whats in play by an OP, who is uninformed & was offered the opportunity to put up & did not.

Anything 'Murdoch is toxic' is folklore on BF & I have the gall it out. Always devoid of facts is that discussion & invariably a pile on, see here.
If the cap fits ...
So still can't answer?
Okay then.
See ya!

It will be interesting to watch. My gut feeling the community support for the independents is no where near as strong on State based issues. And that was a significant reason for their Federal success.

The Victoria Party has lost all momentum and struggling to get any media coverage now. I will be surprised if the anti-lockdown brigade could coordinate a successful campaign resulting in a lower house win.

The seats in the areas where Monique Ryan and Zoe Daniel won are ripe to be taken. They already have the campaigining infrastructure in place and people who now have a history of voting independent. Every chance all 5 of Kew, Hawthorn, Caulfield, Brighton and Sandringham will go to independent candidates.

The interesting watch will be the upper house. With group voting tickets, I suspect even if Labor have a majority in the lower house they're going to struggle to get bills through the upper house, that's where a lot of the crazies will end up.

The seats in the areas where Monique Ryan and Zoe Daniel won are ripe to be taken. They already have the campaigining infrastructure in place and people who now have a history of voting independent. Every chance all 5 of Kew, Hawthorn, Caulfield, Brighton and Sandringham will go to independent candidates.

The interesting watch will be the upper house. With group voting tickets, I suspect even if Labor have a majority in the lower house they're going to struggle to get bills through the upper house, that's where a lot of the crazies will end up.
Daniel Andrews will find it a lot more difficult to get legislation through the upper house than previously. That's because the 'teals' and the Greens will have their own stipulations that must be agreed to before it will get passed as a law in parliament.

The latest betting market on the Victorian State Election courtesy of the TAB:

Labor $1.22
Coalition $4.00
Other (ie UAP, One Nation etc) $51.00
Greens $81.00

Looks like the punters have already made their minds up about November 26-Daniel Andrews will retain government, only question would it be a reduced majority due to indepents/'teal' candidates winning their seats?

Back