Who will win the Victorian election

• Labor

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Coalition

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noticed a couple of small liberal signs in Narre Warren South. Surprising given it's a safe Labor seat.
Ive got a Lib Dem near me who has CCTV cameras on his property as well as the freedom and liberty signs..

Todays offering:

Bridge to nowhere: Government loses big in punt on untried technology​

The Victorian government wasted at least $20m on a joint venture, run by the chief executive of the state’s rail authority, selling bridge safety monitors that did not work as they should.
ByPatrick Hatch
OCTOBER 1, 2022

Just another $20 mil eh Dan.
Not a very glowing example of their governance. Nor what I expect a government to invest in.

I wonder what other examples of providing seed capital to business have also been made. I'm sure that this wouldn't be the only time.

Not a very glowing example of their governance. Nor what I expect a government to invest in.

I wonder what other examples of providing seed capital to business have also been made. I'm sure that this wouldn't be the only time.

Trying to pick winners is a fertile ground for a 'knocking' campaign. Think myki.

It’ll be a very interesting election IMO. Obviously the anti-Dan sentiment is very vocal but it clearly doesn’t feel like it’s representative of the real vote.

I think a lot of voters who would vote for Dan have hidden the fact because of how vocal the anti-Dan voters are. At least that’s how I feel in my circle of family and friends.

Dont kid yourself. The only reason Dan will win is because Melbourne will continue to vote for him. This is reflected in his policy making and in his spending. He couldnt GAF about rural/regional areas because there aint a vote for him. Meanwhile the Melbournites continue to fall for their oppressor.

Dont kid yourself. The only reason Dan will win is because Melbourne will continue to vote for him. This is reflected in his policy making and in his spending. He couldnt GAF about rural/regional areas because there aint a vote for him. Meanwhile the Melbournites continue to fall for their oppressor.
Why would Melbourne people vote for better things for rural people. What’s in it for us? Of course voting is ultimately selfish and rural areas are already lnp therefore no gain to alp to try to sway them. It’s unfortunate reality for you.

Why would Melbourne people vote for better things for rural people. What’s in it for us? Of course voting is ultimately selfish and rural areas are already lnp therefore no gain to alp to try to sway them. It’s unfortunate reality for you.
Are you suggesting people shouldn't vote for things such as abolishing mandatory detention, increasing foreign aid, or improving the lives of the indigenous....because "there is nothing in it for us"?

Are you suggesting people shouldn't vote for things such as abolishing mandatory detention, increasing foreign aid, or improving the lives of the indigenous....because "there is nothing in it for us"?
I’m suggesting that a lot of people do vote that way, absolutely.
Fwiw I have posted that I will vote green then some independents and then lnp but I was more responding to what you posted and giving an alternative to your usual “Melbourne slurping Dan” line

Also I dont understand the whole parochial rural take that Andrew's doesn't give a s**t about them.

And the libs do? Blue ribbon seats are ignored by both parties, rural or urban. If rural seats want to see more action then they have to stop pretending that it's just the one side who neglects them. This isn't a charity; make them earn your seats.

On SM-G955U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was nothing special about Victoria's transport needs that could not have been bought off the shelf.
Actually I recall that our system of time based tickets rather than distance based was unique and posed challenges for design.

There was nothing special about Victoria's transport needs that could not have been bought off the shelf.

My understanding is that you are both off the mark.

At the time, Victoria had a very complex transport ticketing system because of the different zones.

Naturally, Labor selected someone who had never designed a transport ticketing system of any complexity to design Myki. One of the losing bidders was the people who did the London ticketing system.

At the time, Victoria had a very complex transport ticketing system because of the different zones.

Naturally, Labor selected someone who had never designed a transport ticketing system of any complexity to design Myki. One of the losing bidders was the people who did the London ticketing system.
Yes, zones also made it harder (including the transition zone areas). Most other tap and go are distance dependent I think (pay x for 1 stop, pay more for the longer you go) that was my recall of the HOng kong system in the early 90s

Actually I recall that our system of time based tickets rather than distance based was unique and posed challenges for design.
From the people I know who were involved, there were certainly unique features required.

It wasn't so much they had never designed a ticketing system. I heard that their initial design to the tender was exceptional. Costs being slightly cheaper than taking an off the shelf version reconfigured for Victorian needs.

It all went paired shape when some 'bright' spark in the consulting management team ask "how more to built a fully customisable system of the design that could be sold to others".

As The Punter commented, they had no expertise and underestimated the complexity nor the knowledge to say why it would be a bad idea and the Government seduced by the potential income stream wrote the cheques.

And we know the outcome.

I think you'll find that the people of the District of Melbourne are Greens voters.

Also I dont understand the whole parochial rural take that Andrew's doesn't give a s**t about them.

And the libs do? Blue ribbon seats are ignored by both parties, rural or urban. If rural seats want to see more action then they have to stop pretending that it's just the one side who neglects them. This isn't a charity; make them earn your seats.

On SM-G955U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hoping we go independent like we are federally. Vote 1 Jacqui Hawkins.

From the people I know who were involved, there were certainly unique features required.

It wasn't so much they had never designed a ticketing system. I heard that their initial design to the tender was exceptional. Costs being slightly cheaper than taking an off the shelf version reconfigured for Victorian needs.

It all went paired shape when some 'bright' spark in the consulting management team ask "how more to built a fully customisable system of the design that could be sold to others".

As The Punter commented, they had no expertise and underestimated the complexity nor the knowledge to say why it would be a bad idea and the Government seduced by the potential income stream wrote the cheques.

And we know the outcome.

Pear shape.

The 'blame a consultant excuse' is a failure of management.

Greater melbourne?

It shouldn’t be my responsibility to try & translate what you meant mate. If we’re discussing the Victorian State election the assumption would be that the “people of Melbourne” would relate to the electorate rather than 75% of all eligible voters.

If the Victorian Liberals can't put together a decent election campaign team just 8 weeks out from polling day, what chance does the Coalition has of defeating Daniel Andrews?

The hard work of an advertising campaign would to be done by now to be successful.

The on the ground stuff will be a repeat of the Federal election, snafu.

Back