Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I should add that ageism has been completely removed from the diversity debate in Victoria.
Done in a period when it’s really hard to get qualified people
Oldies seen as occupying jobs that can be used to redress whatever diversity balance you need to boost.

The diversity industry, the most undiverse bunch of people going around

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
This is the Victorian election betting market courtesy of Sportsbet:

Labor: $1.35
Coalition: $3.05
Greens/Other (ie UAP): $101.00

This is the Victorian election betting market courtesy of Sportsbet:

Labor: $1.35
Coalition: $3.05
Greens/Other (ie UAP): $101.00
If results go like thart,.expect Robert Cook to be busy telling people there time is up.

Guy, O'Brien, Southwick, Davis, Crozier, McLeish, Hodgett, Ondenachie, R Smith, Tilley, Wakeling, Angus, Blackwood, Atkinson, Rich-Phillips, Burgess, Wells, Lovell and Morris have all had 12+ years in office and should be expecting a call.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
If results go like thart,.expect Robert Cook to be busy telling people there time is up.

Guy, O'Brien, Southwick, Davis, Crozier, McLeish, Hodgett, Ondenachie, R Smith, Tilley, Wakeling, Angus, Blackwood, Atkinson, Rich-Phillips, Burgess, Wells, Lovell and Morris have all had 12+ years in office and should be expecting a call.

At least five of those you have named won't be getting a call after the election asking them to retire.

Southwick should be top of the list to go. He is a disgrace.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,
I think most people were hoping the lockdowns didn't continue.

But most saw that what Australia did in locking much of the economy down during the early year/s of the pandemic saved tens of thousands of lives.

Being anti-lockdown in 2020 makes you a nut. Saying the lockdowns were unnecessary or ineffective would make you wrong.

We could be locked down now and saving tens of thousands of lives couldn't we?

Sure but I'm not a Labor supporter I just don't see a credible threat to Andrews currently
The outer suburbs will be his downfall.

Labor have taken for granted that they will vote Labor and it shows.
Endless housing estates left right and centre with nil infrastructure.

People have worked out if you want something done make your seat marginal.

Achy Blakey Heart

Premium Platinum
Jun 29, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Celtics,Red Sox,Patriots,Dragons,

I do find it funny that election wise the whole state is beholden to Melbourne's decisions. No wonder we get * all from Andrews out here in the sticks.

This helps those areas and should the local councils be responsible as well?

I do find it funny that election wise the whole state is beholden to Melbourne's decisions. No wonder we get * all from Andrews out here in the sticks.
Same thing can apply to the regional areas. Make your seat marginal and see the pork barreling roll in.

This helps those areas and should the local councils be responsible as well?
It's more things like schools, new parks, pubic transport, road upgrades.

It's no good living in a place where the bus runs once an hour and the only road to somewhere is some two lane goat track.
By the time stuff does get done it's not an improvement, it's a catch up job.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
So at the last election it was "African gangs ruling Melbourne streets" that didn't work so this election they are going with "Bikie gangs ruling Melbourne streets"

The RWNJ don't have a great deal of initiative but they do keep trying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same thing can apply to the regional areas. Make your seat marginal and see the pork barreling roll in.

It's no good living in a place where the bus runs once an hour and the only road to somewhere is some two lane goat track.
Think you will find that councils are responsible for roads. I know there is development going on near my brothers house in KalKallo and the developers have made the road there a mess, I contacted the council and they have since carried out work on it. Parks are usually built by the developer to make development more attractive.

PT and schools not sure but surely that doesn't come until after development.

Governments don't build schools hoping that development will occur.

Think you will find that councils are responsible for roads. I know there is development going on near my brothers house in KalKallo and the developers have made the road there a mess, I contacted the council and they have since carried out work on it. Parks are usually built by the developer to make development more attractive.

PT and schools not sure but surely that doesn't come until after development.

Governments don't build schools hoping that development will occur.
Kind of. Depends on the road.
Vicroads have responsibility of some roads. They are very responsible for some of the goat tracks that exist in the outer suburbs.

What often happens though is when the developer adds thier little connection to the road network you get a small patch of upgraded roadway then it goes back to the crappy goat track. Then the next developer does the same thing up the road.
You end up with a patchwork of good and bad road.
This bit of road is a great example of it. Stevie Wonder could have seen 10 years ago this stuff needed to be done. Instead of doing it right the first time they patchwork it to the cheapest standard as possible.

The Clyde rail extension is something that should be completed by now. It should have been done with the duplication of the Cranbourne Line which in itself should have been done 15 years ago.

You build schools when the development is happening at stage 1. Not stage 51.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Vicroads have responsibility of some roads. They are very responsible for some of the goat tracks that exist in the outer suburbs.

What often happens though is when the developer adds thier little connection to the road network you get a small patch of upgraded roadway then it goes back to the crappy goat track. Then the next developer does the same thing up the road.
This bit of road is a great example of it. Stevie Wonder could have seen 10 years ago this stuff needed to be done. Instead of doing it right the first time they patchwork it to the cheapest standard as possible.

The Clyde rail extension is something that should be completed by now. It should have been done with the duplication of the Cranbourne Line which in itself should have been done 15 years ago.

Ten years ago? Try since the 70s. But not as long as we’ve been waiting for level crossing removals

Incidentally vicroads ceases to exist this week

Very difficult for councils to get enough contributions from developers to fund anything outside of their property boundary either, except for where it can be argued the development is having a direct impact on public safety (ie. an intersection). Generally speaking the council can try to get the developer to fund as much responsibility of the road as possible but VCAT tends to side with the developer on issues such as this. Unfortunately neither major party has shown any appetite to change the minimum contributions that developers need to make to infrastructure outside of their lot boundary; they fund some but not really enough.

It's s**t, and I honesrly don't know what the answer is.

So many issues from developers, local, state and federal governments to individual self interests.

I guess that will come across the wrong way, but I agree with your right to schooling, transportvand local services.

Back