Who will win the Victorian election

• Labor

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Coalition

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Could anyone ever recall a political campaign, whether it's at state or federal level, as badly run or organised as the Victorian Liberals are doing just months out from election day? Clearly they still haven't learnt the lessons of 2018 or even 4 years before. You would think the Liberals have asked a group of Grade 5 children from any one of the Victorian primary schools to start up their election ads as part of an assignment.

Could anyone ever recall a political campaign, whether it's at state or federal level, as badly run or organised as the Victorian Liberals are doing just months out from election day? Clearly they still haven't learnt the lessons of 2018 or even 4 years before. You would think the Liberals have asked a group of Grade 5 children from any one of the Victorian primary schools to start up their election ads as part of an assignment.
They can't decide a platform because the party is full of whacko religious and anti-lockdown nuts. If they don't run on religious or faux-medical whackocracy, they won't have any volunteers or supporters or candidates.

But if they do run on it, they lose again in a landslide. Tough choice.

Looks like the ABC's Antony Green will have one of the easiest nights of his election predicting career when making his call on who won the election on November 26.

They can't decide a platform because the party is full of whacko religious and anti-lockdown nuts. If they don't run on religious or faux-medical whackocracy, they won't have any volunteers or supporters or candidates.

But if they do run on it, they lose again in a landslide. Tough choice.

Yes the only way to get the non big business/self interested/wealthy to vote for them is to pander to conspiracy theorists, religious nuts and xenophobes.

It'll be interesting to see how many seats the Teals candidates will win in the Victorian state election as opposed to the recent federal election.
The Victoria Party tipped to win as many as 8 seats in the Lower House

Lol tipped by who?
Not relevant….private polling.

It may be pie in the sky prediction but the Teals showed there is discontent with both major parties.

The VP is targeting small business and look how poorly they were treated between 2020 & 2021.

Dan is worried not about the LNP but by independents and the likes of the Victorians Party

Cue Lol’s!

Not relevant….private polling.

It may be pie in the sky prediction but the Teals showed there is discontent with both major parties.

The VP is targeting small business and look how poorly they were treated between 2020 & 2021.

Dan is worried not about the LNP but by independents and the likes of the Victorians Party

Cue Lol’s!
I mean do you remember the new liberals?

I mean do you remember the new liberals?
Not until I Googled them.

Tell me why you don't think pissed off Labor and LNP voters wouldn't gravitate to a new party born out of frustration with Covid lockdowns and a dislike for the Victorian premier, Daniel Andrews? I am assuming the Victorian Party will have developed "a clear set of policies". It will have been around long enough to do that.

I agree 10 or even 8 seats is optimistic, but then you look at how the Teals performed....

On the Victorian Party's website the Labor government is described as “out-of-touch”, Andrews is “uncaring and arrogant” and the opposition is “weak”. Who can disagree with those sentiments?

The difference I see with the teals and this mob is that the teals focused on the future and wanting to undertake action the incumbents weren't willing to, whereas this party seems focused entirely on the past, and running solely on a platform of punishing the current government for perceived past indiscretions.

I mean it's possible that's worth 8-10 seats, but I'll believe it when I see it. Didn't really work for UAP.

Not until I Googled them.

Tell me why you don't think pissed off Labor and LNP voters wouldn't gravitate to a new party born out of frustration with Covid lockdowns and a dislike for the Victorian premier, Daniel Andrews? I am assuming the Victorian Party will have developed "a clear set of policies". It will have been around long enough to do that.

I agree 10 or even 8 seats is optimistic, but then you look at how the Teals performed....

On the Victorian Party's website the Labor government is described as “out-of-touch”, Andrews is “uncaring and arrogant” and the opposition is “weak”. Who can disagree with those sentiments?

Because of
1. Paul Dimattina
2. Their only profile is on 3AW, Herald Sun, Sky News and typical media and appealing to their typical audience.
3. They claim to be centrist, but all their media coverage is a conservative agenda
4. They are no where near as well organised, motivated and financial as the federal Independents movement.

So they are just another Anti Dan political movement, and that space is getting crowded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because of
1. Paul Dimattina
2. Their only profile is on 3AW, Herald Sun, Sky News and typical media and appealing to their typical audience.
3. They claim to be centrist, but all their media coverage is a conservative agenda
4. They are no where near as well organised, motivated and financial as the federal Independents movement.

So they are just another Anti Dan political movement, and that space is getting crowded.
You may be right. Only time will tell.

There are over 600,000 small businesses in Victoria and this party professes to have their interests in their sights.

The LNP can not sustain a long campaign. Not enough money, not enough talent, no philosophy.

Their only hope is a Dee Madigan advertising campaign featuring Dan. A copy of the campaign featuring SCoMo.

‘We knew the job we had to do on Morrison’: Dee Madigan on Labor’s campaign​

You may be right. Only time will tell.

There are over 600,000 small businesses in Victoria and this party professes to have their interests in their sights.
And not all small business have been adversely impacted by what has happened in Victoria in the lock-down saga. Some have thrived. But for those that have been impacted it has been devastating, and I can understand their anger when it comes time to vote.

As a small business owner (not impacted) their policies/agenda don't appeal to me. But I can see why they would to some.

Because of
1. Paul Dimattina

Yeah, sounds like a fringe of the LNP who are upset that the LNP weren't supporting their gallows-led approach to democracy.

Small business owners complaining about the ALP is as old as Victoria.

Name one seat they think they might capture. Wouldn't be surprised if the anti-vaxxers manage to steal an upper house seat, like the UAP have managed, but not a chance in any lower house seat.

With some of Dan Andrews's Cabinet ministers thinking about retirement from state politics in the leadup to the November 26 poll, what are the chances of some by-elections happening between now and election day?

With some of Dan Andrews's Cabinet ministers thinking about retirement from state politics in the leadup to the November 26 poll, what are the chances of some by-elections happening between now and election day?
Andrews should be in the position to effect generational change in his party without actually losing government which doesn't happen all that often.

Andrews should be in the position to effect generational change in his party without actually losing government which doesn't happen all that often.
Most of the new ministers will have very little time getting used to their new positions and portfolios because next thing they know, they have to be ready for the election and be on the hustings.

Speaking of that, it'll be interesting to see how the doorstop press conferences are conducted in a COVID safe way. How many 'nodders' (ie people who nod at every thing a Labor minister or his/her Opposition counterpart say at a press conference/interview) will be allowed to stand behind the person speaking to the media.

There has been no suggestion the retirements will be immediate. It would appear likely they would continue through to the election and not contest

I wonder if Tim Smith speaking against the Treaty that was unveiled in State Parliament was designed more to embarass the Liberal Party even further and in particular Opposition Leader Matthew Guy. Smith should've quit parliament with immediate effect after his near fatal car crash last year instead of staying on until the state election.

BREAKING NEWS:

According to The Age newspaper, 4 more senior cabinet ministers will announce their retirements in the lead up to the November 26 poll. They are Deputy Premier James Merlino, Health Minister Martin Foley, Police Minister Lisa Neville and Industry Minister Martin Pakula who will call time on their political careers, with Premier Daniel Andrews making the announcements as early as tomorrow.

All of a sudden, the Victorian state election will be very interesting to watch on November 26.

I wonder if Tim Smith speaking against the Treaty that was unveiled in State Parliament was designed more to embarass the Liberal Party even further and in particular Opposition Leader Matthew Guy. Smith should've quit parliament with immediate effect after his near fatal car crash last year instead of staying on until the state election.
He needs time to secure a new job from the old boys network. They thought they secured him a lifetime one on the public purse but now are struggling to find him a new position.

Back