Who will win the Victorian election

• Labor

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Coalition

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading all this, Victoria is in a dire position. Mr Condescending will get re-elected and the sheep will just go baa as usual.
Which parts put us in a dire position?

Looking at your posts, i realise you are a Negative Nancy. Could you do me a favour and re read with your positive Patsy glasses on.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Not until I Googled them.

Tell me why you don't think pissed off Labor and LNP voters wouldn't gravitate to a new party born out of frustration with Covid lockdowns and a dislike for the Victorian premier, Daniel Andrews? I am assuming the Victorian Party will have developed "a clear set of policies". It will have been around long enough to do that.

I agree 10 or even 8 seats is optimistic, but then you look at how the Teals performed....

On the Victorian Party's website the Labor government is described as “out-of-touch”, Andrews is “uncaring and arrogant” and the opposition is “weak”. Who can disagree with those sentiments?

They thought they were going to be really successful because people were sick of what the liberals had become.
They told everyone how successful they were going to be.
That's what I meam about Victoria's party thinking as a brand new party with no traction in people's minds they are going to win 10% od the seats

Andrews out of touch an arrogant? Anyone care to rate that on a scale of zero to scot Morrison
What's the point? It's irrelevant to the thread. Morrison is gone

I'd rate Dan as low as is humanly possible in terms of his sheer arrogance, lack of transparency, and being out of touch with the common person. When I read about Morrison in the Morrison threads I constantly thought, "same could be said of Dan", but it wasn't the right thread or relevant.

They can't decide a platform because the party is full of whacko religious and anti-lockdown nuts. If they don't run on religious or faux-medical whackocracy, they won't have any volunteers or supporters or candidates.

But if they do run on it, they lose again in a landslide. Tough choice.

Being anti-lockdown makes you a nut? I reckon most Victorians by the end of 2021 was anti-lockdown.

Vic Libs are average though.

Being anti-lockdown makes you a nut? I reckon most Victorians by the end of 2021 was anti-lockdown.

I think most people were hoping the lockdowns didn't continue.

But most saw that what Australia did in locking much of the economy down during the early year/s of the pandemic saved tens of thousands of lives.

Being anti-lockdown in 2020 makes you a nut. Saying the lockdowns were unnecessary or ineffective would make you wrong.

It would be interesting to see the outcome if you took the booth level result from the federal election to work out how that would translate into a seat-by-seat swing for the state election.

It would be interesting to see the outcome if you took the booth level result from the federal election to work out how that would translate into a seat-by-seat swing for the state election.

Obviously not too meaningful with the different starting point and federal differences. But back-of-the envelope: Labor gain Caulfield, Sandringham, Brighton, Croydon, Bayswater, Glen Waverley, Eildon, Warrandyte, Bulleen, Rowville. With Bass, Evelyn, South-West Coast and Malvern lineball.

Greens gain Richmond and Northcote.

Libs gain Hastings, Nepean, Pakenham and Morwell to the Nats. They'd be getting swings around 8-10% in Broady/Greenvale/Thomastown etc., but Labor would still hold them on double-digit margins.

Hence why running on a platform of anti-Dan/Covid hysteria while surrendering more of their base is such a bone-headed move.

What's the point? It's irrelevant to the thread. Morrison is gone

I'd rate Dan as low as is humanly possible in terms of his sheer arrogance, lack of transparency, and being out of touch with the common person. When I read about Morrison in the Morrison threads I constantly thought, "same could be said of Dan", but it wasn't the right thread or relevant.

Difference is Dan has delivered. Scomo is a national disgrace. We have this so called crisis in the economy, but many are saying it’s at least six months old

Morrison’s priorities in that time?

Avoiding scrutiny for corruption and incompetence
Electioneering
Leaving booby traps for labor

And the doozy…what was the highest priority in parliament?

The Effin religious discrimination bill. An absolute disgrace

Daniel Andrews is lucky that the Victorian Liberals is in no shape to pull off a miracle win in this year's state election, because the last time a Premier did an overhaul of his cabinet just months out from the polls was Jeff Kennett in 1999. And it came back to haunt him big time, with Steve Bracks victorious in a major upset. That was the election where the ABC's Antony Green thought 'there was something wrong with the computer', with the way the results were coming through that night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniel Andrews is lucky that the Victorian Liberals is in no shape to pull off a miracle win in this year's state election, because the last time a Premier did an overhaul of his cabinet just months out from the polls was Jeff Kennett in 1999. And it came back to haunt him big time, with Steve Bracks victorious in a major upset. That was the election where the ABC's Antony Green thought 'there was something wrong with the computer', with the way the results were coming through that night.
Dude you're going to be so angry in November

Yeah, sounds like a fringe of the LNP who are upset that the LNP weren't supporting their gallows-led approach to democracy.

Small business owners complaining about the ALP is as old as Victoria.

Name one seat they think they might capture. Wouldn't be surprised if the anti-vaxxers manage to steal an upper house seat, like the UAP have managed, but not a chance in any lower house seat.
A party to get people not voting for ALP previously to not vote for ALP.

Sounds like another cooker party.

You wanted lockdowns to end earlier and open up at lower vaccine percentage last year? I am sure that would of gone well.

Mind you election still 4-5 months away, lockdowns will even further out of public conciousness, there isn't the votes in the anti-lockdown movement the LNP and other further right parties hope.

Sure but I'm not a Labor supporter I just don't see a credible threat to Andrews currently
They have to offer something positive, an actual vision of some sort. Just being anti-lockdowns (which wont be happening again), anti African gangs, other forms of racist dog whistling, culture wars etc wont work. The electorate here in Vic don't want that as a whole, just makes them look like reactionary morons.

I see with Kennett even if you didn't like him, he did things, and got things done.

Same with Andrews (different sides of the political spectrum true).

You wanted lockdowns to end earlier and open up at lower vaccine percentage last year? I am sure that would of gone well.

Mind you election still 4-5 months away, lockdowns will even further out of public conciousness, there isn't the votes in the anti-lockdown movement the LNP and other further right parties hope.

Some of it was well OTT. I escaped to Uk for 4 months, but that was another story

They have to offer something positive, an actual vision of some sort. Just being anti-lockdowns (which wont be happening again), anti African gangs, other forms of racist dog whistling, culture wars etc wont work. The electorate here in Vic don't want that as a whole, just makes them look like reactionary morons.

I see with Kennett even if you didn't like him, he did things, and got things done.

Same with Andrews (different sides of the political spectrum true).

Maybe after politics Dan will resurrect essdun for kicks

Yes. I think that overall lockdowns had more negative impacts than the positive ones.

In saying this, the Libs (with O’Brien in charge) we’re hopeless in that time too. Needed to be stronger

Back