• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kalex6251

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
trouble in clive palmer world?

within that twitter thread, bonham indicates the UAP is unlikely to contest seats in the upcoming state election - leaving the cray cray vote to shop around for candidates that satisfy their unhinged world views

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
More teals, or at least independents being announced. Hawthorn has one now.

Locally to me, there's a former mayor/current councillor standing against Kennett-era dinosaur Kim Wells. I expect she'll be competitive.

Labor already have a handful of corflutes out in Bayswater and Rowville.

Palmer dropping out could hurt the Libs a bit. If the cookers just want to vote against the majors and don't have Clive's HTV telling them to put the Libs at #2, could see some independents get an extra couple of %.

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is a cooker? Is it an anti-govt candidate with little chance of winning?
Anti vaccine, anti mandates, anti lockdown in the mildest form. But generally the full blown Qanon, vaccines alter your DNA, Soros and Gates are plotting to control the world. Oh and don t forget the paedo protection.

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Some might think it unethical of me to present this tweet completely removed of its context, but wouldn't it be even more unethical to potentially vote for this level of sheer butchery?

306529501_1333471580519359_3008556332553039698_n.jpg

A major moral quandary for everyone to consider ahead of this election.

Trojan Cat

Debutant
Sep 18, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
Dan can promise the infrastructure and to his credit his delivered it. I think his arrogance might pit the end of his downfall. His saved by the fact that the liberals are a rabble, Matthew Guy is the best they can put up. Should’ve put up Pesutto IMO.

I think there will be a swing to the minor parties yes, but most Vics who hate Dan will know they need to vote Liberal to ensure he goes. I don’t think the teal campaign will hold as much strength, compared to the Federal election where much needed change was seen.

You forget that we endured the worlds longest lockdowns. We also bought in mandatory vaccinations which were wrong because they did nothing and have done nothing to stop transmission hence their ineffectiveness. The mob will attack me for those comments as uninformed, right wing, crazy, tin Foil - the reality is that I am not and many Victorians are starting to question the narrative of the last two years. Whether that is Dans demise, it probably won’t be, reality is - his brand is seriously damaged.

I for one will vote for the liberals this election not because I want to see them in office. I want to see the end of Dan and that’s the best way to do it, not bring vote in an independent that can’t do s**t when there’s a labor controlled house

Trojan Cat

Debutant
Sep 18, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
I can't find one person who was a Labor voting person who has flipped to anti - Dan Liberal.

The problem is that the Liberals messaging is horrible. How can say you can run a health system better when you actively discouraged following health order during a pandemic. Further all the big guns on health (unions, hospitals etc) are pro Labor. Its a freekick to Labor every time they open their mouth on health or stand in front of a hospital.

Their election should be about one issue where they have a competitive advantage - the economy. Say you will improve the economy, in the city and the regions. Make all your election ads forward looking about jobs and the economy. Say the city is a ghost town and like Kennett before you - you will fix it. Whoever is giving them advice is a moron.

I’d say a lot of people who vote Liberal this year won’t vote them because they are Liberal party people it’s rather they want to see the end of Dan. If Merlino took the reigns the libs would get their asses smashed

Dan can promise the infrastructure and to his credit his delivered it. I think his arrogance might pit the end of his downfall. His saved by the fact that the liberals are a rabble, Matthew Guy is the best they can put up. Should’ve put up Pesutto IMO.

I think there will be a swing to the minor parties yes, but most Vics who hate Dan will know they need to vote Liberal to ensure he goes. I don’t think the teal campaign will hold as much strength, compared to the Federal election where much needed change was seen.

You forget that we endured the worlds longest lockdowns. We also bought in mandatory vaccinations which were wrong because they did nothing and have done nothing to stop transmission hence their ineffectiveness. The mob will attack me for those comments as uninformed, right wing, crazy, tin Foil - the reality is that I am not and many Victorians are starting to question the narrative of the last two years. Whether that is Dans demise, it probably won’t be, reality is - his brand is seriously damaged.

I for one will vote for the liberals this election not because I want to see them in office. I want to see the end of Dan and that’s the best way to do it, not bring vote in an independent that can’t do s**t when there’s a labor controlled house
Fair enough.

Can I ask, what was your view on Dan and state based Labor prior to the pandemic?

I am not going to judge a government on a pandemic response. Yes, we had our failings. Some on the government, and some on us as a collective as a whole. My memories of HeraldSun headlines are still etched in my memory that quarantine was false imprisonment. When it failed, that narrative changed.

I am in Pesutto's electorate, and while I agree with you that he is the best option to lead the LNP, I can't vote or preference him while Bastiaan stacked nominees could form government.

Trojan Cat

Debutant
Sep 18, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
Fair enough.

Can I ask, what was your view on Dan and state based Labor prior to the pandemic?

I am not going to judge a government on a pandemic response. Yes, we had our failings. Some on the government, and some on us as a collective as a whole. My memories of HeraldSun headlines are still etched in my memory that quarantine was false imprisonment. When it failed, that narrative changed.

I am in Pesutto's electorate, and while I agree with you that he is the best option to lead the LNP, I can't vote or preference him while Bastiaan stacked nominees could form government.

I didn’t mind Dan and Labor, especially with regards to infrastructure. However I wasn’t so sure how he was managing the economy as well as his tax policy ideas and belt and road murmurrings. That I wasn’t a fan of. I voted for him in 2018 as I think his infrastructure policies have done very well, I wasn’t a fan of the SRL as it’s a white elephant money wise but apart from that I was satisfied

My anti Dan stance doesn’t centre around Labor. They’ve governed and been better for society then the libs historically no doubt. If Merlino was running as premier I’d probably vote for him. Dan has treated all vics with contempt the last two years, his impeded on peoples right to make bodily choices and overseen the worlds harshest longest lockdown

Last edited:
I can't find one person who was a Labor voting person who has flipped to anti - Dan Liberal.
Similar to my experience. The exceptions (ok 2) are offset by anti IPA/Guy/ScoMo scared.

I am expecting a significant primary vote against Dan/Lobor, but not translated into a 2PP LNP vote.

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Similar to my experience. The exceptions (ok 2) are offset by anti IPA/Guy/ScoMo scared.

I am expecting a significant primary vote against Dan/Lobor, but not translated into a 2PP LNP vote.
And remember, to get majority government (govern in its own right without support from crossbenchers), the Coalition will need to win at least 18 seats in the Legislative Assembly. Would expect to see a Labor minority government as a result.

And remember, to get majority government (govern in its own right without support from crossbenchers), the Coalition will need to win at least 18 seats in the Legislative Assembly. Would expect to see a Labor minority government as a result.
But that requires Labor to lose 10+ seats. One or 2 to the Greens, the same to the Teals/Independents, a couple from redistribution, but I am not coming up with the number of lost seats required for minority without LNP actually flipping a minimum of 5 seats from Labor.

Nov 3, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
I am sorry but the worlds harshest lockdown?

Our lockdowns were long but not harsh by world standards. In Europe people couldn’t even leave their house with army checkpoints throughout cities.

China is another level on top.

Seriously this herald sun hyperbole needs to stop. It’s garbage. We went through lockdown, but so did every other country.

The way I see it no lockdowns would have been like January 2022 but multiple worse. The virus circulating throughout everyone, the hospital system stuffed and people reluctant to leave their homes.
In China if you purchased paracetamol you were suspected to have covid so effectively targeted for testing and put into quarantine facilities.

The fragility of the 'hard' right is a sight to behold.

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne
...vaccinations which were wrong because they did nothing and have done nothing to stop transmission hence their ineffectiveness.

These sorts of emotion over logic conclusions make you the core liberal demographic they are targeting.

The fact even you seem reluctant to vote for them means they are in serious trouble going forward.

On SM-G955U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
The Victorian Liberals won't have to look very far to find the person responsible for the election defeat if that eventually happens...and it's not Matthew Guy nor Tim Smith.
You can't still be blaming John Howard. I mean I know he f* over at least 2 generations of Australians who are now voting for their own self interest!

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
You can't still be blaming John Howard. I mean I know he f* over at least 2 generations of Australians who are now voting for their own self interest!

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, not John Howard, thinking more of Scott Morrison. Morrison is hurting the Coalition's Victorian election campaign with the relevations he was the solo minister for every Cabinet posting, from Treasurer to Foreign Affairs-without telling his Coaltion partners what his intentions actually were.

Back