• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

As Labor's safe status in Melbourne's west slips, independents are eyeing off 'neglected' communities​

Campaigners from both major parties as well as researchers say there is a shift in mood among the outer west — a similar phenomenon is occurring in the south-east of Melbourne, which was reflected in a drop in primary vote at the federal election.

"There's a lot of anti-government sentiment, but not a lot of pro-opposition. So, I think people just want to change and want to a voice that will represent them and speak for them,'' Dr Garra said.
After a tilt at Treasurer Tim Pallas's Werribee seat in 2018, where he won nearly one in five votes as an independent, Dr Garra is once again putting his hand up for parliament, this time in the new seat of Point Cook, where he lives.

For the government, Melton is the most vulnerable to a loss. It is a "target" seat for the party, the highest priority for the campaign.

'Melton is currently held by former ambulance union secretary Steve McGhie but he suffered a 6.9 per cent swing at the last election, despite Labor enjoying a 4.8 per cent state-wide swing in the so-called Danslide.

In 2018, Labor's primary dropped more than 15 per cent, the Liberals' fell more than 12 per cent.'

Interesting couple of months ahead with traditional campaigning strategies of dubious value.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC

As Labor's safe status in Melbourne's west slips, independents are eyeing off 'neglected' communities​

Campaigners from both major parties as well as researchers say there is a shift in mood among the outer west — a similar phenomenon is occurring in the south-east of Melbourne, which was reflected in a drop in primary vote at the federal election.

"There's a lot of anti-government sentiment, but not a lot of pro-opposition. So, I think people just want to change and want to a voice that will represent them and speak for them,'' Dr Garra said.
After a tilt at Treasurer Tim Pallas's Werribee seat in 2018, where he won nearly one in five votes as an independent, Dr Garra is once again putting his hand up for parliament, this time in the new seat of Point Cook, where he lives.

For the government, Melton is the most vulnerable to a loss. It is a "target" seat for the party, the highest priority for the campaign.

'Melton is currently held by former ambulance union secretary Steve McGhie but he suffered a 6.9 per cent swing at the last election, despite Labor enjoying a 4.8 per cent state-wide swing in the so-called Danslide.

In 2018, Labor's primary dropped more than 15 per cent, the Liberals' fell more than 12 per cent.'

Interesting couple of months ahead with traditional campaigning strategies of dubious value.

I know it's hard to believe, but Kos Samaras is quoted in that article saying things aren't good for the Liberals. #Shill

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Nothing a restaurant voucher can’t fix.

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday

UAP will be running after all.

Curious... per the VEC website:

1664440219623.png

Not sure what the timeline is where they can deregister, reapply by July 29, and then be re-registered.

(Trying to find some excuse so we don't have to hear their ******* ad spam again)

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers
Curious... per the VEC website:

View attachment 1521586

Not sure what the timeline is where they can deregister, reapply by July 29, and then be re-registered.

(Trying to find some excuse so we don't have to hear their ******* ad spam again)
Wonder who the United Australia Party will nominate as their leader to take on Daniel Andrews and Matthew Guy. And don't be surprised if they nominate for every single seat in the Legislative Assembly like they did in the recent federal election. How many seats will the UAP win this state election?

Wonder who the United Australia Party will nominate as their leader to take on Daniel Andrews and Matthew Guy. And don't be surprised if they nominate for every single seat in the Legislative Assembly like they did in the recent federal election. How many seats will the UAP win this state election?

All the crackpot parties will take votes off each other.

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
Liberals have bought a big billboard on Ferntree Gully Rd for Kim Wells which suggests they're in some trouble in Rowville. Croydon/Bayswater would be trending even worse. And this area is a different demographic to their classic wealthy suburbs where it sounds as if they're doing even worse. Things must be as dire as the polling suggests.

Green campaign also seems to be playing it safe so far. They sound confident about gaining Richmond, not very confident in Northcote, and are otherwise ploughing what they have into solidifying their three seats.

Still no candidate in Albert Park which was earlier touted as winnable. Nor Essendon/Footscray if they wanted to lay the groundwork to expand into the next ring of suburbs.

Much as it surprises me, I'm having a hard time seeing how Labor aren't going to maintain or expand their majority.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Little doubt that Dan has the upper hand. Only a good campaign can bring him down.

A hard hitting, short barrage playing the man along the lines of the campaign against ScoMo might move the centre, capitalising on the anti lockdown centre.

If you dont know Ms Madigan, see here:

Tell him 'he' dreaming'.

I get the point you are trying to make, but Mumbrella is a media and marketing industry news website. There take on the Federal election is only looking at it from a marketing and media POV.

To accept Dee Madigan as the reason why Labor won, you will also need to explain to me why Labor's vote when down too.

The same premise of taking Labor votes and turning them to LNP votes through 2nd, 3rd or 4th preferences is the path to victory is not something I would have thought of.

But I hope you have sent Brian Loughnane and Jane Hume your findings. It might just be the information they are missing in their review.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Tell him 'he' dreaming'.

I get the point you are trying to make, but Mumbrella is a media and marketing industry news website. There take on the Federal election is only looking at it from a marketing and media POV.

To accept Dee Madigan as the reason why Labor won, you will also need to explain to me why Labor's vote when down too.

The same premise of taking Labor votes and turning them to LNP votes through 2nd, 3rd or 4th preferences is the path to victory is not something I would have thought of.

But I hope you have sent Brian Loughnane and Jane Hume your findings. It might just be the information they are missing in their review.

Dee Madigan addressed the voters likely to change their vote. Thats why the use of Mumbrella is relevant . Its more about advertising than politics or policy.
Hence the relevance to the coming campaign.

Dee Madigan addressed the voters likely to change their vote. Thats why the use of Mumbrella is relevant . Its more about advertising than politics or policy.
Hence the relevance to the coming campaign.

So it as just as simple as win the advertising campaign and win the election.

Did you just watch South Parks underpants episode?

Tbf having this strategy would be ahead of whatever tf the libs are currently doing

Read in the Saturday Age that former Liberal MP Geoff Shaw will be making a political comeback for the United Australia Party in the 2022 state election. Will cause nightmares for the Coalition...and Daniel Andrews.
Why is that going to impact Dan? It splits coalition vote, Shaw is a ignorant dumbarse who has no appeal to shift alp voters.

Why is that going to impact Dan? It splits coalition vote, Shaw is a ignorant dumbarse who has no appeal to shift alp voters.
Just what the Victorian Government is lacking. A devout Pentacostal.

I wonder if his drumming skills are any better than that other bloke's ukulele skills.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Actually I said exactly that long ago. Its called reality, give it a try some time.
Policy is a non event & even personality is a dry well.

The only thing they've got is Dan - plenty of people are disillusioned with him, but have no alternative.

Note not into South Park or their undies. Good luck with that.

Its called reality, give it a try some time.
I am not convinced that your thought processes and analytical thinking is sufficient for me to accept your version of reality is superior than mine. But always happy to learn and question what I know to be facts.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I am not convinced that your thought processes and analytical thinking is sufficient for me to accept your version of reality is superior than mine. But always happy to learn and question what I know to be facts.

Todays offering:

Bridge to nowhere: Government loses big in punt on untried technology​

The Victorian government wasted at least $20m on a joint venture, run by the chief executive of the state’s rail authority, selling bridge safety monitors that did not work as they should.
ByPatrick Hatch
OCTOBER 1, 2022

Just another $20 mil eh Dan.

Liberals have bought a big billboard on Ferntree Gully Rd for Kim Wells which suggests they're in some trouble in Rowville. Croydon/Bayswater would be trending even worse. And this area is a different demographic to their classic wealthy suburbs where it sounds as if they're doing even worse. Things must be as dire as the polling suggests.

Green campaign also seems to be playing it safe so far. They sound confident about gaining Richmond, not very confident in Northcote, and are otherwise ploughing what they have into solidifying their three seats.

Still no candidate in Albert Park which was earlier touted as winnable. Nor Essendon/Footscray if they wanted to lay the groundwork to expand into the next ring of suburbs.

Much as it surprises me, I'm having a hard time seeing how Labor aren't going to maintain or expand their majority.
I've noticed a couple of small liberal signs in Narre Warren South. Surprising given it's a safe Labor seat.

Todays offering:

Bridge to nowhere: Government loses big in punt on untried technology​

The Victorian government wasted at least $20m on a joint venture, run by the chief executive of the state’s rail authority, selling bridge safety monitors that did not work as they should.
ByPatrick Hatch
OCTOBER 1, 2022

Just another $20 mil eh Dan.
It's Victrack. Hardly the most competent government organization out there.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
It’ll be a very interesting election IMO. Obviously the anti-Dan sentiment is very vocal but it clearly doesn’t feel like it’s representative of the real vote.

I think a lot of voters who would vote for Dan have hidden the fact because of how vocal the anti-Dan voters are. At least that’s how I feel in my circle of family and friends.

Back