Review 2022 Vs 2023 - Have we improved?

Remove this Banner Ad

A massive factor in the improved second half of 2021 was Ben Cunnington (who has obviously been largely absent since then) and Tarryn Thomas (same deal until second half of this year).
Surface level second half of 2021 may have looked a little better than 2023 but I think we are way better positioned for sustained improvement now.

Yes.

BUT WE NEED TO GET FITTER !

Still conceding too many points late in quarters and late in games.Been the big thing holding us back IMO.

2023 is going to be a huge year for the club.
Losing a lot of players due to retirement that had set roles in the team and took a lot of the grunt work early in the season.
It's upto ths younger guys to really step up.
Could see us going a little backward in 2024 but if you're asking between 2022-23, I'd say we have 100%.

Last edited:
We were better and with due respect to Ratts , we probably win 1 or 2 of those close ones with Clarko at the wheel.

Felt more like a 5 - 6 win season than just the 3. Next year 8 - 9 wins would be a pass, 10 - 12 ideal.

Fitness is the major issue that needs to be addressed.

Under Noble in 2022 there was extended periods of games we couldn’t get the ball inside 50 and we were totally uncompetitive for the most part.

We have but it's such a low benchmark it's not really worth talking about. Get some wins on the board and I'll start giving credit.

You can see it in patches in our ball movement. The speed through the corridor is a lot better and while we still get absolutely burnt on turnover, we seem to turn it over a bit less this year v 22. Still a work in progress of course. Not sure how scores from turnovers compare though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back