Fixture 2022 WCE Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a very good fixture. Play the hard games at home, double up with a lot of easier opponents. If we are any good, we should smash it next year.

I am still mystified by the fact poor Essendon plays us at Optus yet again, while bloody Brisbane has never played us at Optus (this is the 5th season at the stadium!). I don't think we've played Melbourne at the MCG for a long time either.
2014 I believe. Eight years and counting!
This looks more close to the truth........

AFL 2022 fixture difficulty (Easiest to hardest)

1. Carlton
  2. Adelaide Crows
  3. West Coast Eagles
  4. Gold Coast Suns
  5. Hawthorn
  6. Collingwood
  7. North Melbourne
  8. Richmond
  9. Sydney Swans
  10. Fremantle
  11. Brisbane Lions
  12. Geelong Cats
  13. Port Adelaide
  14. St Kilda
  15. GWS Giants
  16. Western Bulldogs
  17. Essendon
  18. Melbourne
Based on 2021 percentage of the teams they play twice in 2022
Saint Kilda consistently cop hard-ish draws no matter where they finish on the ladder. More lols to be had when they miss finals.

I reckon that is the best draw I've seen in ages. Obviously like to play Lions at Optus, as don't think that's every happened.

GMHBA - yawn. Not sure if I'll watch that one.
Not really as the teams we play twice are all top 8 teams except Hawks.

We play Melbourne Geelong GWS, Sydney twice.

That's not good in my book. Easiest fixture really is based on the quality of sides you play twice. The sides who play all the bottom 4 sides twice will get free premiership points while we have to earn ours.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

That's not good in my book. Easiest fixture really is based on the quality of sides you play twice. The sides who play all the bottom 4 sides twice will get free premiership points while we have to earn ours.

😬

What are you talking about we play Fremantle, Richmond, Adelaide and Gold Coast twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take this as we were reviewing different fixtures, AFL error.
I was happy with Crows, Suns twice.
Cats, Tigers and Dorkers twice is interesting but should get our fair share of Ws out of those.

Getting the cats at home after both teams have had their bye evens up the Rd23 game. Cats are notorious for the post bye blues.

Great fixture, smart coaching acquisitions, decent list moves around the edges, Willie's back and all the right messages are coming from the club.

Everything is set for a bounce back and yet - I just don't trust the club do it.

The club at every level needs to regain some of that trust, that respect. Falling short is fine, but only if every player and every coach can look the next in the eye, knowing that they had nothing left to give.

I'll take this as we were reviewing different fixtures, AFL error.
I was happy with Crows, Suns twice.
Cats, Tigers and Dorkers twice is interesting but should get our fair share of Ws out of those.
Oh ok. Well that's much better and easier
How bad is the AFL app to get that wrong.

Anyway we should do well with those double ups. That's as good as it gets.

A positive in not having to play any Tassie games.

Good Friday night game should be fun

2 games at our other home oval (AA) is a plus

Not sure what the few is like in QLD in May and July

We avoid the SCG but have to go to the Corio Bay. Hopefully the nursing home has to rest some of their senior citizens. As others stated, rest our 30 Something crew - our youth did pretty well v Blues at SCG

We get Tigers at at home after 6 daybreak (away to Port) while Tigers on 5 day break after Melbourne. Advantage Eagles

Indigenous round away to GWS feels flat. We get Doggies at home next - hope both clubs make the effort as the rounds to salute Sir Doug are special

Apart from the Sunday overload (works for me but I understand the annoyance for country members), fixture look pretty decent. The back end of the season should hold no fears but there again we lost to Norf and Pies in the second half of 2021

What happened to us playing one of the SA teams, either home or away for the last round to reduce travel before finals. I'm sure that used to be a thing, now we have Geelong in Geelong, so a plane flight, then a bus ride to the back of nowhere. Good times.

Would love to know how the fixtures are fixtured or fixated or fixed, always some peculiarities, recurring even? (but the VFL is definitely a fixation)
We'll certainly know where we're at somewhere between rounds 5-10. Will the hope build or groundhogs return?
Roos round 2, they beat us embarrassingly - possibly a mauling by WCE?
The derby-darby promises to be a bewt, with both clubs revamped with new intent?
Any chance of an upset, too early to call?

Last edited:
Interesting fixture facts:
  • First time doubling vs Richmond since 2009 (Cuz year).
  • 7th straight season (besides 2020) with a double vs SA team. 3rd straight it's the Crom.
  • Still yet to play Brisbane at Optus.
  • The last season we avoided Geelong in Geelong was 2018 (besides 2020). This does not bode well for Muzza.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back