Fixture 2022 WCE Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Our fixture didn't end up being very easy this year. Double ups against Freo (likely top 4), Cats (top 8), Richmond (edge of top 8), Suns (Edge of top 8), Crows (bottom 4). 3 of our doubles have improved a lot and might make finals (Suns prob not but Richmond a chance).

We've also only get 2 games in Victoria in the first 15 rounds, with only two games at the MCG remaining and 1 in Geelong.

Not a bad year to be shithouse I guess.

Do we know when the Round 23 fixture will be released? I’m looking to do a weekend in Melbourne then and need to work out if I will have time to go and watch Simmo’s pants get pulled down at MDMA Stadium.
In 2019, they did it the Tuesday after this upcoming round.

Do we know when the Round 23 fixture will be released? I’m looking to do a weekend in Melbourne then and need to work out if I will have time to go and watch Simmo’s pants get pulled down at MDMA Stadium.

Why not just find a quiet spot to stab your eyeballs out with a fork. It’d be less painful

Final game has been scheduled. We play Geelong away at 4.35pm local (2.35pm WA time) on Sat Aug 20.

We either lose by 5 goals or 100+ depending on whether Geelong have top spot sewn up come bounce down.

Geelong are a game and 7% clear of Melbourne. They play the Bulldogs (home), St Kilda (home) and Gold Coast (away) before us

If they win all 3, which is a distinct possibility) they will have top spot sewn up regardless of the result against us as I don’t think Melbourne can make up the percentage assuming they even win their last 4 games (Freo, Collingwood, Carlton and Brisbane)

They won’t need percentage and may not even need to win. Can see a few players getting rested

Geelong by 10 goals

The last time we played Geelong away in the last round, was in 2010 when we won the spoon. Let's hope we rebound as quickly as we did on 2011

The last time we played Geelong away in the last round, was in 2010 when we won the spoon. Let's hope we rebound as quickly as we did on 2011

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go check out Wildfire Craft BBQ if you make the trip to Geepong.
Have things really got that expensive since I left the country?
Is this normal?
$110/kg for smoked belly pork sounds rather exorbitant to me.

100GR TEXAS BRISKET
$12.50
100GR SMOKED PORK BELLY
$11
100GR PULLED PORK
$10

Have things really got that expensive since I left the country?
Is this normal?
$110/kg for smoked belly pork sounds rather exorbitant to me.

100GR TEXAS BRISKET
$12.50
100GR SMOKED PORK BELLY
$11
100GR PULLED PORK
$10

For God tier American BBQ, that's the cost. There's a lot of man hours that goes into it long before it hits your plate.

Those prices are fairly on par with Old Faithful in Perth/Freo.

Geelong are a game and 7% clear of Melbourne. They play the Bulldogs (home), St Kilda (home) and Gold Coast (away) before us

If they win all 3, which is a distinct possibility) they will have top spot sewn up regardless of the result against us as I don’t think Melbourne can make up the percentage assuming they even win their last 4 games (Freo, Collingwood, Carlton and Brisbane)

They won’t need percentage and may not even need to win. Can see a few players getting rested

Geelong by 10 goals
Isn't there still a bye the following week?

If there is I don't think they'll be resting many, if any. They might play bruise free, keepie off, and bench a few in the last, but having two weeks off (unless injury related) is probably not on. Plus, playing us there is a bit of a witches hats training drills affair anyway.

Plus they still haven't forgiven us for '92 and '94 and love to thrash us as deserved punishment.

I’m a masochist so I’m also contemplating going to the Geelong game in round 23. More so as part of a trip to catch up with my best mate who lives in Melbourne and just happens to be a Cats fan.

Anyone know the ticketing arrangements for MDMA Stadium? Heard it is notoriously difficult to get tickets due to the relatively small capacity (which is currently further compromised by the redevelopment) and strong Geelong membership numbers.

Oh yeah that BBQ joint sounds amazing too. I wonder how much seasoning tears from a 120 point shellacking will add to a few slices of brisket?

I’m a masochist so I’m also contemplating going to the Geelong game in round 23. More so as part of a trip to catch up with my best mate who lives in Melbourne and just happens to be a Cats fan.

Anyone know the ticketing arrangements for MDMA Stadium? Heard it is notoriously difficult to get tickets due to the relatively small capacity (which is currently further compromised by the redevelopment) and strong Geelong membership numbers.

Oh yeah that BBQ joint sounds amazing too. I wonder how much seasoning tears from a 120 point shellacking will add to a few slices of brisket?

I went to that graveyard a couple years ago & got my tickets through the club as I didn't want to miss out (why I wanted to put myself through the torture I'll never know), but also didn't want to catch any diseases from the unwashed locals.

Let's hope we don't need a good result in the last round to make Top 4/finals.

Never a truer word spoken….

Some great takes in here that are interesting in hindsight… who would have though the teams year could suck worse than the fixture reveal video though…..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back