Prediction 2022- who will debut in first six rounds?

2022- who will debut in first six rounds?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams 100%. Unless there is an injury

I also voted P.McCartin if we do pick him up as I can't see us not wanting that taller defender. Unless Melican has an unimpacted pre-season. But I fully suspect one of him, Rampe or T.McCartin to be injured in the first 6 weeks

Assuming we're not counting preseason games.
Ladhams Rd 1 for sure or why on earth did we trade him in?
Of the others, the only one who fills a significant gap will be Paddy McCartin. My tip is Rd 4 vs Roos if he's up to it.
None of the others will debut except to cover huge injury or COVID problems.
I think Stephens, COR, McLean and probably Campbell will start outside the 22 and would be first replacements.

If Gould doesn’t debut early, what are you even doing here?

Yep. I am really hoping he shows something in the pre season. BOC I hope shows some progress as well.

This way more interesting if you take out players that have already debuted (Paddy and Peter).

I feel Angus, then Will, then Marc would be the order of probabilities.

Don't think we'll see as many debuts early on this year. 2021 was special in that we had 2 Academy guns and Logan McDonald to debut.

Ladhams will debut Round 1 unless he drops off from his Port form. Of the latest draft crop it sounded like Roberts was the most ready to go. So that's who I voted for. Gould or Paddy Mc if injuries or form dictates after pre season games, but I think we'll mostly rely on Tom Mc, Rampe, Melican (say what you will, the selectors pick him when fit), maybe Fox or COR as the 3rd option if one of those misses.

I'm expecting Sheather to play early and a lot this year. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he has worked his way into the side in the first month. I get the feeling that the club and coaches love him. A few injuries working in his favour and he'll be in I reckon.

Ladhams would be the most likely. I am a bit perplexed by the club not announcing a Paddy inclusion in our squad. Why is that taking so long? Surely the guy needs to get on with it or go elsewhere.

I think Marc Sheather has a lot of good points and will be a good player. But debuting in the first 5 rounds I am not sure.

Will Gould is coming on nicely now they have shown him the Sydney way. You could have said the way Glenelg play was not so far from the Sydney method but there are huge differences now. His natural intercept game needed to be tempered by a hard shutdown side of his game. Shutting down an AFL medium or tall is different to shutting down a VFL, SANFL etc player. One step up. They have been teaching him the trade and he looks to have learned very well. Now to see the results. Hopefully first 5vrounds we get a look at him. If he does debut there are going to be some very sore opponents, he hits both bumps and tackles, like a steam train.

Sheldrick will be lucky to debut in the first 5 as he needs to learn our style. Barring injuries to major mids I see him debuting eith mid to late in the year or next year. I think he needs considerable work on his disposal.

Rankin is probably in that bracket too. Except his disposal is superb. He could possibly debut earlier if we give runners a rest.

Roberts, I believe, would be closest. He has a big body and his delivery and work rate are superb. But it all depends on his fitness. He seemed a little back in the time trials. Seemed to be struggling a bit whick is really weird for a bloke who has pretty good endurance. But then again he has a bigger body shape.

Corey Warner is an interesting one. Boy is he quick, Jetta quick. Maybe I am overstating that a bit but not by much. His disposal needs to be a bit cleaner. But his attack on the ball and player is superb and his outside run outstanding. If he hits his straps he could easily debut this year. But in the firdmst 5? Not sure, it would depend on injury. By the way all the players drafted not only have talent they have grunt. They are aggressive. Never backing down and they are all eager for success. None more than this guy.

Barry O'Connor. I can see him debuting later in the year. I think he is developing beautifully. It's interesting that at 193cm he is seen as a medium defender lol. That would have been a Ruckman in my day lol. I think he's actually taller than that. Originally, when he came to us, his bio said 196cm. He is coming along nicely. His pace is so good.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladhams would be the most likely. I am a bit perplexed by the club not announcing a Paddy inclusion in our squad. Why is that taking so long? Surely the guy needs to get on with it or go elsewhere.

I think Marc Sheather has a lot of good points and will be a good player. But debuting in the first 5 rounds I am not sure.

Will Gould is coming on nicely now they have shown him the Sydney way. You could have said the way Glenelg play was not so far from the Sydney method but there are huge differences now. His natural intercept game needed to be tempered by a hard shutdown side of his game. Shutting down an AFL medium or tall is different to shutting down a VFL, SANFL etc player. One step up. They have been teaching him the trade and he looks to have learned very well. Now to see the results. Hopefully first 5vrounds we get a look at him. If he does debut there are going to be some very sore opponents, he hits both bumps and tackles, like a steam train.

Sheldrick will be lucky to debut in the first 5 as he needs to learn our style. Barring injuries to major mids I see him debuting eith mid to late in the year or next year. I think he needs considerable work on his disposal.

Rankin is probably in that bracket too. Except his disposal is superb. He could possibly debut earlier if we give runners a rest.

Roberts, I believe, would be closest. He has a big body and his delivery and work rate are superb. But it all depends on his fitness. He seemed a little back in the time trials. Seemed to be struggling a bit whick is really weird for a bloke who has pretty good endurance. But then again he has a bigger body shape.

Corey Warner is an interesting one. Boy is he quick, Jetta quick. Maybe I am overstating that a bit but not by much. His disposal needs to be a bit cleaner. But his attack on the ball and player is superb and his outside run outstanding. If he hits his straps he could easily debut this year. But in the firdmst 5? Not sure, it would depend on injury. By the way all the players drafted not only have talent they have grunt. They are aggressive. Never backing down and they are all eager for success. None more than this guy.

Barry O'Connor. I can see him debuting later in the year. I think he is developing beautifully. It's interesting that at 193cm he is seen as a medium defender lol. That would have been a Ruckman in my day lol. I think he's actually taller than that. Originally, when he came to us, his bio said 196cm. He is coming along nicely. His pace is so good.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have not selected McCartin yet as the Supplemental Selection Period only started today.

Ladhams and McCartin feel like certainties. As for the others it is hard to tell as Shelrick, Roberts and Warner all look like they could play a number of games in 2022 as they have the bodies for it.

I would agree completely if you substitute Sheather for Warner. I am really unconvinced by Corey Warner, based on not much. The questions relate to his disposal/ball use. I also think Gould is a fair shout, especially if opportunity arises.

You’re probably spot-on.

But I do have a sneaky suspicion that Gould might just be a surprise debutant come round 1.

I like the optimism. I also have a sneaky suspicion that I'm gonna give up beer this year and finally have defined abs, but something tells me that's not gonna happen.

Parker, JPK, Mills, Warner x 2, Angus, Rowbottom, Heeney, Papley, Gulden, Sheather, Roberts - I think our contested ball will be near best if not best in league for next 8 years.
Perhaps I'm overly optimistic but I think we play in a GF this year.
Covid will take a toll on matchday squads and nobody is matching that lot up and down a list for contested ball IMO.
Several of those guys have never even played a game. When we're listing players like Papley and Gulden, a team like Melbourne (the actual best contested ball team in the league last year by some margin) has 13 players who averaged more contested possessions than them. We did too, they ranked 14th and 15th for us, behind guys like Dawson, Franklin, and Amartey. I'm not saying they're crap, they're just nothing special in that department and every team can name a dozen guys with similar output.

Several of those guys have never even played a game. When we're listing players like Papley and Gulden, a team like Melbourne (the actual best contested ball team in the league last year by some margin) has 13 players who averaged more contested possessions than them. We did too, they ranked 14th and 15th for us, behind guys like Dawson, Franklin, and Amartey. I'm not saying they're crap, they're just nothing special in that department and every team can name a dozen guys with similar output.

Not to mention - if arguably our classiest ball user in Gulden is getting a heap of contested possessions then the game plan's probably not working right.

Back