I hope freo recruiters are looking at Jonah Brooks.Jonah is the first 18 captain of Christ Church.I watched him play in a SWFL colts final last year - B.O.G….He toweled up Reuben Gibney last weekend in the PSA.
(Please be warned: Self harm, family separation, and pregnancy loss discussed.)
WA draft national combine invitees
- Jed Adams (Peel Thunder) - 194cm Intercepting Defender
- Edward Allan (Claremont) - 195cm Midfielder
- Jedd Busslinger (East Perth) - 197cm Key Defender
- Harry Cole (Claremont) - 186cm Medium Forward
- Hugh Davies (Claremont) - 196cm Key Defender
- Tyrell Dewar (Subiaco) - 185cm Forward
- Sam Gilbey (Claremont) - 188cm Rebounding Defender
- Reuben Ginbey (East Perth) - 189cm Midfielder / Defender
- Steely Green (South Fremantle) - 178cm Midfielder
- Jed Hagan (East Fremantle) - 175cm Defender / Forward
- Elijah Hewett (Swan Districts) - 185cm Midfielder
- Darcy Jones (Swan Districts) - 175cm Wingman
They can add more later, but at this stage those are the ones with an invite. It is reasonable to expect that 95% of the WA draftees for the National Draft will come from this list. Jackson Broadbent, who many would have expected at the start of the year to be one of the certainties to have their name called up for this kind of thing has missed off at this stage, but he has had a very average year (maybe under injury). Also no Kane Bevan or Jack Cleaver as well, and no Freo NGAs (Williams or Scaife).
I know at the beginning of the year Walls was into him but he has been very inconsistent. We will probably take a punt on him as a rookie pick as you say.Chase Bourne was one of the best underages last year in WA. I think we will take a punt. Would love to know why his form has dropped off.
Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's a small forward that floats up the field. He was the one who kicked a goal after the siren to win the game earlier in the year against South. If anything he would be a project player/late bloomer.
Does anyone know how that Denver Granger Barras is going?
I remember he was highly sort after local talent haven’t heard much about him since he’s been drafted
Could say that about tall forwards except we have Treacy and Amiss who have potential to be guns - even more reason to not draft one imo. Yet plenty of people on here would happily have us draft another two tall forwards.If we're going to go for a small forward, we need to get quality otherwise don't bother - we've got heaps of average ones already.