List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

If there are talent scouts at a Souths game, they're there for Steely Green, haven't heard much about interest in Free

Green, Florenca (before injury), Free, and Schlensog mainly, IMO. I also wouldn't be surprised if they also kept an eye on Blechynden, Hall, and McQuilkin.

Green, Florenca (before injury), Free, and Schlensog mainly, IMO. I also wouldn't be surprised if they also kept an eye on Blechynden, Hall, and McQuilkin.
Green and Free, as far as I know from recruiters no one else talking about the others. I'd be shocked if any of the others make it on to an AFL list. And this is coming from a South supporter.

Green and Free, as far as I know from recruiters no one else talking about the others. I'd be shocked if any of the others make it on to an AFL list. And this is coming from a South supporter.

West Coast have had three of those guys train/play with them in the last 12 months. We’ve had another one train with us - that same player turned down an opportunity to train with West Coast.

I wouldn’t be completely shocked to see those guys on AFL lists, although I must admit my opinion is based on the above and watching them play 2-3 times a year when they play Peel.

Out of curiosity. At this stage what draft position is Mitch Edwards likely to go next year? Is he pure ruck or can he be a key forward?

West Coast have had three of those guys train/play with them in the last 12 months. We’ve had another one train with us - that same player turned down an opportunity to train with West Coast.

I wouldn’t be completely shocked to see those guys on AFL lists, although I must admit my opinion is based on the above and watching them play 2-3 times a year when they play Peel.
Covid train on, supplementary players are completely different to AFL listed players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats hectic!!! Can we match this bid or are we gonna get robbed again? Carlton you better stay away!!! You have the article by any chance mate?

There's a long way to go yet. He is one of the talls currently making a name so that will send him up the list but more will break out next season as they grow.

We currently can't match anything before pick #40. If that comes back to pick #20 we could be fine. At this stage a top ten rated tall player can slide considerably in twelve months.

Covid train on, supplementary players are completely different to AFL listed players.

Florenca played for West Coast. The other three were pre season train ons genuinely being considered for spots on AFL rookie lists.

Not the same as supplementary or Covid train-ons.

Tbh though West Coast ended up with Hugh Dixon through the pre season supplementary list so we’re very much talking the level player that shocks you when they somehow end up on an AFL list.

Florenca played for West Coast. The other three were pre season train ons genuinely being considered for spots on AFL rookie lists.

Not the same as supplementary or Covid train-ons.

Tbh though West Coast ended up with Hugh Dixon through the pre season supplementary list so we’re very much talking the level player that shocks you when they somehow end up on an AFL list.
Florence was part of WC's Covid Contingency List. Same as Rogers and Schlensong were part of Freo's and Blechynden and McQuilkin also part of West Coast's.

Florence was part of WC's Covid Contingency List. Same as Rogers and Schlensong were part of Freo's and Blechynden and McQuilkin also part of West Coast's.

The pre season train-ons had nothing to do with Covid Contingency lists. They were being considered for actual spots on the rookie lists of West Coast (Blechynden and McQuilkin) and Freo (Schlenslog and Rogers).

All were overlooked but they were being considered.

The pre season train-ons had nothing to do with Covid Contingency lists. They were being considered for actual spots on the rookie lists of West Coast (Blechynden and McQuilkin) and Freo (Schlenslog and Rogers).

All were overlooked but they were being considered.
Did any make it on a list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back