List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Two days until the MSD...I assume we'll take our pick, don't think we've committed either way. If I had to guess, I would assume our board looks like...

1. Wade Derksen
2. Brynn Teakle
3. Zac Strom

And I reckon the first two will be gone when we pick.

Two days until the MSD...I assume we'll take our pick, don't think we've committed either way. If I had to guess, I would assume our board looks like...

1. Wade Derksen
2. Brynn Teakle
3. Zac Strom

Tend to agree, the need is for a tall/forward. I don’t see any other immediate concern.

If Amiss hadn’t gone down with what you would think is a season ending injury, I think we would have passed but now we should pick for that need if the talent is still available.

I'd be happy if we grabbed Strom. No relocation costs. Could have an immediate impact. Great story, too.
Yeah would love to see it as he is such a top bloke but with my Souths hat on id be spewing. Hopefully rules like last year and he could come back to play in the WAFL GF after a fairytale AFL PREMIERSHIP with the Dockers 😁

Tend to agree, the need is for a tall/forward. I don’t see any other immediate concern.

If Amiss hadn’t gone down with what you would think is a season ending injury, I think we would have passed but now we should pick for that need if the talent is still available.
It's tricky to know what to do with physically under developed players. Would love to see more Treacy as a priority.

Bastyy Chris25
Where do you both see our NGA candidates in 2022 standing in the overall draft order at this point of the season?
From what I understand, the following 4 guys seem to be the ones in the mix to get drafted:
  • Conrad Williams
  • Chase Bourne
  • Josh Draper
  • Jasper Scaife

Are there any more guys I’ve missed? How likely are the each to be drafted at all, or drafted in the top 40?
We are paying close attention to Chase Bourne. Only problem is that he has been inconsistent.

1. Wade Derksen
2. Brynn Teakle
3. Zac Strom

Is Richard Bartlett any hope of getting onto a list this year?

Cantilla/Munkarra for mine but I would actually preference Cantilla. He isn't the type of player like Switta that will move up the ground and constantly attack the contest, but would pop up for the odd goal and rise when the team needs him, just like Tippa. It's a shame that there is nothing from the club about looking into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PSA footy round five: Harry Cole, Aiden Riddle, Tryse Rioli, Will Cassidy, Max Hansen-Knarhol and more​

Headshot of Jordan McArdle

Jordan McArdleThe West Australian
Sun, 29 May 2022 1:42PM
Jordan McArdle

Hale School skipper Harry Cole.

Hale School skipper Harry Cole. Credit: Total Sports Photography

Harry Cole celebrated his late addition to the State 18s squad with another dominant performance as Hale School made it four wins from as many starts in the PSA’s Indigenous round.
The Hale captain, who is averaging around 30 disposals per game, led from the front in a stand-out midfield display as his school defeated Trinity College by 64 points - 16.15 (111) to 8.9 (57) - at home on Saturday.
Cole was only added to the WA team on Tuesday, a reward for his red-hot form at PSA and WAFL colts levels.
Towering forward Aiden Riddle finished with four majors, while vice-captain Callum Smith stood tall down back.
It sets up a blockbuster Thursday afternoon clash against two-time reigning champs Scotch College who moved to 3-1 with a 41-point win over Aquinas College - 13.10 (88) to 6.11 (47).
Hale's Conrad WIlliams celebrates a goal.

Hale's Conrad WIlliams celebrates a goal. Credit: Total Sports Photography

Trinity coach Scott Moore, who enjoyed his first win as coach against Guildford earlier in the month, said while outscoring Hale in the final term and starting strong were positives, his team needed to put together some consistency.
Moore highlighted the performance of leader Tryse Rioli who booted a game-high five goals in just his second game up forward after starting the year at full-back.
Rioli, the grandson of late Richmond and South Fremantle great Maurice Rioli, has eight goals in two games since his move into attack.
A seven-goals-to-none second quarter proved to be the difference as the 4-1 Wesley prevailed over Christ Church by 43 - 11.11 (77) to 4.8 (32).
Will Cassidy impressed in the midfield and skipper Reuben Ginbey continued his strong start to the year, while Year 10 defender Max Hansen-Knarhol, captain Jonah Brooks and pressure forward Eddie Vijayasekaran were among Christ Church’s best.
Scotch coach Steve Malaxos credited his team’s midfield brigade of James Spadanuda, Oscar Dees, Sullivan Moody and exciting ruck Coen Livingstone.
Cousins Xavier and Ed Graham also did their bit down back, while Aquinas were well serviced by captain Connor McDonald, Michael Durack and Travis Shearer.

This from Fox Sports and Ben Waterworth on our list gaps and who can fill them. Obviously written before we opened up a second spot with the Amiss injury but was interesting nonetheless...

FREMANTLE

List chasm:
The Dockers’ game, as their results suggest, is in pretty good order. However they’re ranked 16th in the competition for ball movement, converting a rebound 50 to an inside 50 just 18.1 per cent of the time. Plus there’s still some question marks over their forward 50 set-up. Rory Lobb is their leading goalkicker with 14 majors – and chatter that he might request a trade at season’s end won’t go away.

Possible number of draft selections: 1 (Pick 15)

Draftees to consider: Peel Thunder key forward Wade Derksen is one of the hottest prospects of the mid-season crop and has long been on Fremantle’s radar. A 196cm prospect originally from the NT that also has VFL experience at Essendon, Derksen has kicked seven goals and averaged 12.3 disposals and 4.6 marks from three WAFL league games playing as a roaming forward. If he’s not on the board when it’s the Dockers’ turn to select – and that’s a strong possibility – 202cm East Fremantle ruckman Brynn Teakle would be another candidate. The 22-year-old has kicked six goals and averaged 14.7 disposals, 3.6 marks and 16.8 hit-outs from six WAFL games this year. Other big men up for grabs include Sandringham Dragons’ Max Ramsden and Frankston’s Liam Reidy.

He had a day out against Swans. Very much an oldfashioned stay-at-home forward, who seeks to engage his defender, outbody and then dash off with good pace over the first 5. Does it well against Colts defenders but I don't think he's got the size and speed to do it at the highest level.

Happy to be wrong. He's a very reliable kick on goal.

I don’t think Bartlett has the same talent as Ryan but hey, could be wrong

Ryan wasn’t fit but didn’t exactly look like he was carrying weight either. Bartlett is a long way from AFL standard fitness wise.

Interestingly Liam Ryan was once dumped from East Freo, the very same club Bartlett was at last season.

they’re ranked 16th in the competition for ball movement, converting a rebound 50 to an inside 50 just 18.1 per cent of the time.

That’s astounding! Actually thought that was one of our strengths this season…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back