List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

For Young and Chapman to go into the midfield someone needs to go outside of it. And Erasmus and Johnson need to stay out of the team. And we need to not recruit any mids from opposition clubs.

Mundy and Fyfe are pretty old but that’s still a lot of ifs.

Any defender drafted in the first round needs to add more to our list than the alternative. For Chapman and Young that was the case but they were very high picks.

There really is no indication that the coach has plans for Young or Chapman (or Logue) to shift to the midfield or any other position.

And once O'Driscoll, Erasmus and Johnson develop there is probably no longer a need either.

Busslinger is a key defender that can take control of the game, that's pretty rare air and I'd absolutely take him if we somehow had a pick near him
How would you compare him to Denver Grainger Barass? Similar type?

How would you compare him to Denver Grainger Barass? Similar type?
Very similar, Grainger-Barrass is one of, if not the best interceptors I've ever seen in a draft class and Busslinger would be very close, the mark against Buss might be he hasn't proven it against men yet like DGB had but watching how he does it at colts level it's easy to identify that it would translate over to AFL level

I’m on the Busslinger bus!
Another developing genuine KPD sounds like a nice list balancer.
Looking forward to his state champs.

For mine, if Banfield is rated as in our best 8 forwards and we have 4 30 year olds in the best 22 in that forwardline, we clearly need some more forward talent. Short of a 2nd half season capitulation, we arent getting the Bus anyway.

Would be ok with a late pick used on a KPD

For mine, if Banfield is rated as in our best 8 forwards and we have 4 30 year olds in the best 22 in that forwardline, we clearly need some more forward talent. Short of a 2nd half season capitulation, we arent getting the Bus anyway.

Would be ok with a late pick used on a KPD
Lots of plausible NGA prospects for our late picks.

I'm thinking we may grab Strom as general tall cover, and then be opportunistic with our picks.

Lots of plausible NGA prospects for our late picks.

I'm thinking we may grab Strom as general tall cover, and then be opportunistic with our picks.
Yeah, just for me, if I'm making a play for anyone that's top 10, it's Sheezel so long as we think he'd stick around (which I think PMBangers has said he's one that has a bit of flight risk)

Yeah, just for me, if I'm making a play for anyone that's top 10, it's Sheezel so long as we think he'd stick around (which I think PMBangers has said he's one that has a bit of flight risk)
Sheezel is from a Jewish background and I’d imagine he would have some close community ties to his family around the St Kilda area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah haven't heard anything to suggest that (yet). From my POV he's one of the classic ultra professional kids that'd be happy to just get on a list

Nah haven't heard anything to suggest that (yet). From my POV he's one of the classic ultra professional kids that'd be happy to just get on a list
I'm a little bit scared by how fast you reacted given you werent pinged...

But that's good news, he's definitely my number 1 target then if we were to try to manufacture a top 10 pick

But that's good news, he's definitely my number 1 target then if we were to try to manufacture a top 10 pick
But we won’t have a top 10 pick till 2030??!!

My constant need of attention means I've got a 6th sense

But we won’t have a top 10 pick till 2030??!!
Haha hopefully, just jumping on the calls for Busslinger who will require a top 10 pick at minimum to get. If we are getting a top 10 pick for some reason, I want it used on Sheezel

Sheezel is from a Jewish background and I’d imagine he would have some close community ties to his family around the St Kilda area.
I had seen that too. A rarity in the AFL and I would imagine his community would highly value him and want him home. But many young men have pressures like that.

Are Switkowski and Schultz good enough?

Is Sturt a keeper?

Does Frederick actually have upside or does he only have speed?

Are Switkowski and Schultz good enough?

Is Sturt a keeper?

Does Frederick actually have upside or does he only have speed?
Switta and Schultz are good enough

I think Sturt is a keeper but the clubs seems to disagree

Freddy needs to improve but there is enough to work with. No guarantee to get to the level we need though

We have to replace Colyer and Walters regardless

Switta and Schultz are good enough

I think Sturt is a keeper but the clubs seems to disagree

Freddy needs to improve but there is enough to work with. No guarantee to get to the level we need though

We have to replace Colyer and Walters regardless
We already have some developing players;

Switta Amiss Schultz
Sturt/Frederick Treacy Henry/Western

It's still forward/ruck where our weaknesses lies with Benning an optimistic long shot.

We already have some developing players;

Switta Amiss Schultz
Sturt/Frederick Treacy Henry/Western

It's still forward/ruck where our weaknesses lies with Benning an optimistic long shot.
Almost by definition drafting a forward/ruck is "an optimistic longshot". The buggers take much longer to develop (Darcy being the exception to the rule) so it's often cross your fingers and hope like hell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back