List Mgmt. 2022 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't imagine he would; if they want to pick a tall they should be picking one of the very tall and athletic options with their second round pick; if Twomey's current draft top 25 is anything to go by, one of the strong SA talls (Lemmey, Scully, Keeler) as a pick in the early 30s will be a great options, as arguably a Lemmey or a Keeler could potentially play as a tall backman, which is a slight weak point in our list as it stands.

The later options I suspect will focus on wings and general backmen, particularly the later as this draft is fairly deep with those.
We don’t have a second round pick

First nameLast nameDOB
ChaseBourne2004
JarenCarr2004
JoshDraper2004
BodieGinbey2004
SimonJames2004
AshwinMalik2004
DallasMcAdam2004
TylerPiazzola2004
WilliamRoe2004
JasperScaife2004
ClaytonTaylor2004
ConradWilliams2004
ChristianWilson2004
WilliamWolf2004

I think we should take Draper this year. He's had his season ruined by injury (and to be fair, wasn't exactly killing it before that either) so I doubt there will be much interest in him and we should get a free hit. He'll be better than Benning I reckon.

I think we should take Draper this year. He's had his season ruined by injury (and to be fair, wasn't exactly killing it before that either) so I doubt there will be much interest in him and we should get a free hit. He'll be better than Benning I reckon.

I respect your opinion. Tell us more about him please. What's got you so keen, what are his strengths? I'm quite excited by Benning so your post has me now interested and excited by Draper.

I respect your opinion. Tell us more about him please. What's got you so keen, what are his strengths? I'm quite excited by Benning so your post has me now interested and excited by Draper.

He's super agile for a tall, to the point he's been given stints playing midfield and wing to go with key position at either end of the ground (and ruck, but he'd be too small to ruck at AFL - I think he's around 195).

I believe when he played a trial game at Cockburn earlier in the year he kicked a bag of 7 or something so they would have seen what he's capable at his best. He had a slow start to the Colts this season though, but until this year he was focusing more on basketball at PSA and State level, so there's hopefully a lot of improvement to come. He still made the State squad this year but couldn't play due to a LTI.

It's mainly the physical tools that make me think he has AFL potential, and I think he's worth a punt if we get a free hit.

He's super agile for a tall, to the point he's been given stints playing midfield and wing to go with key position at either end of the ground (and ruck, but he'd be too small to ruck at AFL - I think he's around 195).

I believe when he played a trial game at Cockburn earlier in the year he kicked a bag of 7 or something so they would have seen what he's capable at his best. He had a slow start to the Colts this season though, but until this year he was focusing more on basketball at PSA and State level, so there's hopefully a lot of improvement to come. He still made the State squad this year but couldn't play due to a LTI.

It's mainly the physical tools that make me think he has AFL potential, and I think he's worth a punt if we get a free hit.

Thanks. Sounds great!

Anyone know how Aiden O'Driscoll is looking for next year? I genuinely think we've got kind defacto f/s rights on him because you'd be a stupid club to draft him if you're not Freo
If there was ever a situation where a hint, of a hint, of a hint, of go home factor would be taken serously into account by recruiters the O'Driscoll family have the means to get Aiden to Fremantle.

Anyone know how Aiden O'Driscoll is looking for next year? I genuinely think we've got kind defacto f/s rights on him because you'd be a stupid club to draft him if you're not Freo
you're telling me someone who's two older siblings play for the club, both of whom are fan favourities (and at least one of whom was a freo fan as a kid) might want to play for the same club? seems unlikely

I saw that Edward Allen got an invite to draft combine.

Is that Ben Allen's Son?
Would he be eligible for F/S?
Is he any good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s been going pretty well for Wesley. Went and watched a game at my old home ground Rossiter and he is very quick and agile but quite short at the moment - likely growing still (only Yr11). Reuben Ginbey was the one with all the interest at the game.

Hagan is the same height as Michael Walters and 7cm taller than Caleb Daniel. He isn't THAT short.

Hagan is the same height as Michael Walters and 7cm taller than Caleb Daniel. He isn't THAT short.
Liam Baker is the best comparison to me and Hagan is supposed to be taller than him. I dont think anyone is using a first on Hagan but I'm positive you could guarantee a very very good role player with a 2nd round pick on him

Liam Baker is the best comparison to me and Hagan is supposed to be taller than him. I dont think anyone is using a first on Hagan but I'm positive you could guarantee a very very good role player with a 2nd round pick on him
What role does he play?

He’s been going pretty well for Wesley. Went and watched a game at my old home ground Rossiter and he is very quick and agile but quite short at the moment - likely growing still (only Yr11). Reuben Ginbey was the one with all the interest at the game.
Oh yeah? What year did you graduate?

Correct - he is AFL academy who trained with Freo under the AFL academy program.

For those under the dockers academy are any of the following (for those that have seen them play) worth a cat-b rookie pick:
  • Jasper Scaife
  • Chase Bourne
  • Christian Wilson
I would consider Scaife for a Cat B position if he interviews well and has good references with respect to work ethic as there is a bit to work with there (both in terms of skill, size and athletically) and his WAFL colts season has been passable.

I know there is a lot of debate on Wilson on the drafting forums, but I think you really have to have a differentiator for the next level up. Sad because he has had a terrific year in the colts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back