Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep an eye out for Hawks/Dogs, Sicily will get harassed by Charlie Clarke, belt him, and get a week off. Most oppo fans who don’t have Sicily in SC will declare “worth it”.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

It's that time of the year.
Paddy Dow anyone?
Forever rookie!

One to watch: Connor Macdonald

Was recruited as a pure midfielder who can win clearances but we plonked him on a forward flank all season.

Has returned to pre-season in ripper shape and already caught the eye of track watchers. Training with the midfield group.

Sam Mitchell loves him. We nominated him for best first year player at the MVP awards instead of Josh Ward.

Will absolutely have mid/fwd swing I would have thought.

One to watch: Connor Macdonald

Was recruited as a pure midfielder who can win clearances but we plonked him on a forward flank all season.

Has returned to pre-season in ripper shape and already caught the eye of track watchers. Training with the midfield group.

Sam Mitchell loves him. We nominated him for best first year player at the MVP awards instead of Josh Ward.

Will absolutely have mid/fwd swing I would have thought.
I got stuck with him and his putrid scores + minimal cash gen for all 23 rounds this year. It'd want to be a bloody good preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got stuck with him and his putrid scores + minimal cash gen for all 23 rounds this year. It'd want to be a bloody good preseason.
I'm so glad the McDonald Experience of last year, hasn't soured you 🤣

He was really good last year for a first year player, despite the 48 average. Looked good when he got very minimal chances in the guts, otherwise rotted at the terrible SC role of HF. Worked hard for his touches. Only played 1 VFL game and tonned up when playing in the guts.

At only 250k and fwd status, he's worth monitoring. Giant CBA hole is there for the taking if he can get some of it.

Rookies to watch from North's previous years drafts.
Goater has put on 10kg by all reports and looks ready to go. Good chance round 1
Archer bigger stronger and faster doubtful he plays round 1
Comben finally looks all grown up and big enough to hold down kpf. Good chance to play round 1.
Phillips been in full training since before the gf. In the midfield in all training drills. Massive lock.

Rookies to watch from North's previous years drafts.
Goater has put on 10kg by all reports and looks ready to go. Good chance round 1
Archer bigger stronger and faster doubtful he plays round 1
Comben finally looks all grown up and big enough to hold down kpf. Good chance to play round 1.
Phillips been in full training since before the gf. In the midfield in all training drills. Massive lock.
Goater scored 70 on debut, so probably priced $230-240k. Hard to start him at that price, * I hate it when one game ruins them like this.

Phillips a massive lock, was $261k last year. Should be $183k with a 30% discount :padlock::padlock::padlock::padlock::padlock:

Comben 1 game @31 so should be $124k. Lock if R/F even if he doesn't play round one.

Last edited:
Goater scored 70 on debut, so probably priced $230-240k. Hard to start him at that price, * I hate it when one game ruins them like this.

Phillips a massive lock, was $261k last year. Should be $183k with a 30% discount :padlock::padlock::padlock::padlock::padlock:

Comben 1 game @31 so should be $124k. Lock if R/F even if he doesn't play round one.
That price rise after 1 game rule is garbage. It should be three games before a price change all the time.
Worst rule in SC.

Anyone know how cheap Fyfe is going to be?

Average 63 in 7 games last season = $340k and should get at least 10% injury discount should bring him down to $306 approx
He will be very hard to ignore if he is fit Round 1 he should have DPP

All Clubs 2023 List Changes
If Draper lines up in rd1 as the solo ruck then I'll take a punt on him. 24 years old, 6 years in the system, almost 50 games, it's the right time for him to do something. Just played 22/22 games which is a good sign. There's no set and forget ruck options, so in a minimal risk side, I'm happy to take a punt on him and load up on premos elsewhere. As a solo ruck, worst case he goes 75-80, that's around $400k, so an early downgrade will get to you a ~$550k better option if required.

2023 Fixture - Round 1 - Early Season Start
FVctReraIAA4rmy.png

The season will now start a week earlier, on March 16, to allow the league to slot in 24 home-and-away weeks plus finals

English pop star Sheeran plays in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth across early March in a tour that requires venues to have at least eight days to replace enough turf to return them to an AFL-ready state.

The Herald Sun can reveal Optus Stadium has told the AFL they will not be ready for a round 1 game given they will not have enough time to replace turf and bump out the Sheeran stage to ensure it was safe for AFL footballers.

Sheeran plays a one-off concert at Optus Stadium on Sunday 12 March, which means even a Sunday AFL clash in round 1 would see the venue coming up a day short of that eight-day requirement.

Melbourne’s MCG will replace some turf but given Sheeran plays at the ground on March 2 and 3 their grounds staff will have 13 days to get the ground into AFL shape.

The Herald Sun revealed last month the AFL will do away with last year’s season opener involving the previous year’s Grand Finalists and instead return to a Carlton-Richmond Thursday season opener at the MCG.

FjFaLHfVUAIQC_R

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back