Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No leagues is an interesting thought. I might reduce mine.
I did it years ago, went from 10 leages to just four, two cash comps, two from here, much easier and far more enjoyable.

I was in a few leagues and each week trading was so difficult because I was looking at matchups too frequently and deciding what trades would benefit what matchups and leagues better. Become too much to manage and didn't enjoy it, looking forward to being in no leagues.

Dursma with a 40 average will be less than 250k.
Needs a new coach to get his confidence back.

Plus he put on too much baulk during the preseason and then was hampered by injuries in the early part of the season.

Big year coming up next year as to whether he has a long career at AFL level.

My ranking is shocking but got Top 4 in my money league, wasted a stack of trades but don’t regret it. Much more interested in picking speculative PODs and hoping they hit rather which is why my yearly ranking fluctuates so much.

Is there going to be a discount for Matt Crouch? Would have to be in the fold if so.

Will they keep the 35 trades and 5 boost for 2023?
We need more rookies rd 1, 2022 teams were too similar from get go.
IMO the starting sides will always be 80% the same .....so much info & discussion about now

Yes some may lean more to mid-pricers ....but every side will have some

But it really is a trading game ....and that's where the POD lies

Just Jack Steele locked in at the moment.

Too many viable defenders now, will probably cheap out in the fwd line.

Hopefully Dunkley gets traded somewhere so we get him as a super premo and the other Dogs mids become easier to pick.

Big Errol Gulden fan, floors still low and too frequent, but wouldn't need to see too much in preseason to fit him in.

Will still pick as many ruckmen available in other positions as possible, hopefully don't pick all the s**t ones and miss all the good ones next time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a new Chad on the block...with a stoopid haircut and what looks to be the perfect SC game.
Should be able to expect a 5-10% improvement in disposal efficiency as a natural progression for a 3rd yr player. That should top off the scoring.
Lets hope he keeps copping a tag until Rnd 23 to keep the price down. I might break my rule about starting guys from my own mob if he's cheap enough.

I think 35 and 5 is great also. I'm left with a boost that I can't use and am ranked just outside the top 100. 2 trades left with a boost.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Similar situation, 3 trades left and 1 boost. Only want to use the 1 trade this week. Hopefully get thru this weeks finals and have 2 trade left over.

This year with the extra trades I traded out some uninjured premos at high prices - Macrae, mills and Sicily.

I think I’m going to keep it as an option next year. Trading a hugely overpriced premo for an underpriced one can net $150k instantly with little change to scoring.

I might look at the history of players who have reached 700k to see if there is consistent value in turfing them at that point.

Steele, Gawn, Marshall (if Ryder retires), Stewart, Dunkley / Baz (if forward) my locks.

Will be interesting which super premo mids people go with. Picking 4+ backfired on some people this year.

Steele, Gawn, Marshall (if Ryder retires), Stewart, Dunkley / Baz (if forward) my locks.

Will be interesting which super premo mids people go with. Picking 4+ backfired on some people this year.

I only started Touk, MaCrae, Neale and Cripps. Plus Rowell. Traded in Oliver in R6. Went quite cheap in the mids to start. I've always leaned towards MPM so this year has worked for me better than usual.

Listening to Moira’s Magic on the phantoms lair was really good a month or so back. His main approach is:
  • value in starting team
  • hold and buy underperformers

This approach only has some application to 30-trade SC. But I like trying to use these principles whilst still realising that 30-trades means you have to have mostly top 8 players in your final team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back