Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
SC usually have a couple of articles with selected player prices about now too.
Yeah recall that they like to do it team by team.

But one of the other formats usually drops all the DPPs at once, and once they do one team someone will be able to figure out the magic number, then the only thing missing is knowing who gets what discount.

There is no way any of you Connor Macdonald propaganda mouthpieces are saying this rubbish with straight faces.

Screenshot_20221206-132331.png

Played 95% of his first season out of position, but was still our best first year player.

The best part was that those 'improvements' weren't glaringly obvious in his first season at the highest level either.

I actually think he's a Zak Butters style second year breakout possibility. Similar enough players. Butters averaged 87 in year two.

Rucks will be interesting, and cheap, this year. We may finally be getting defensive rookies that aren't 160k+.

But one of the other formats usually drops all the DPPs at once, and once they do one team someone will be able to figure out the magic number, then the only thing missing is knowing who gets what discount.
As a rule of thumb I presume the magic number is about 5400 and do my price calculations on that basis. Seems consistent with the rookie projections and starting prices as projections stay the same each year. 19/22/23 correspond closely to 102k/117k/124k

Season average x MN gives you 2023 starting price unless discounted. You can get a rough idea of how to structure a team. 2022 Player information seems sufficient on SC gold.

For example Laird as highest mid is 690k seems overpriced compared to Macrae, who normally starts the year brilliantly, at mid 620's. All player will drop in price even if they score the same each week, as the salary pool remains constant even when the rookies start changing price.

For me Oliver,just because, Macrae then Steele, Green and Titch represent value. Probably Stewart/Sicily/HH if not Fwd plus Ted Richards as a breakout.

Rucks fascinating this year!

Hoping for some injured 2022 rookies to train the house down. Chesser, Sinn, Dean. It's that time of the year. Hope springs eternal until it crashes in to reality!

Tim Mitchell gave us some prices which were quoted on page 5 of this thread. 5420 was the magic number for those prices. Hope this helps mate.

Rucks will be interesting, and cheap, this year. We may finally be getting defensive rookies that aren't 160k+.

As a rule of thumb I presume the magic number is about 5400 and do my price calculations on that basis. Seems consistent with the rookie projections and starting prices as projections stay the same each year. 19/22/23 correspond closely to 102k/117k/124k

Season average x MN gives you 2023 starting price unless discounted. You can get a rough idea of how to structure a team. 2022 Player information seems sufficient on SC gold.

For example Laird as highest mid is 690k seems overpriced compared to Macrae, who normally starts the year brilliantly, at mid 620's. All player will drop in price even if they score the same each week, as the salary pool remains constant even when the rookies start changing price.

For me Oliver,just because, Macrae then Steele, Green and Titch represent value. Probably Stewart/Sicily/HH if not Fwd plus Ted Richards as a breakout.

Rucks fascinating this year!

Hoping for some injured 2022 rookies to train the house down. Chesser, Sinn, Dean. It's that time of the year. Hope springs eternal until it crashes in to reality!

Yeah, 5400 X Average is pretty close to the mark.
I believe starting prices were 5444 X Average last year, but the number can fluctuate throughout the season, but I'm not a math wizz, I think gutsroy was the man to go to for this kinda knowledge.

Ted Richards? He making a comeback? haha

View attachment 1568288

Played 95% of his first season out of position, but was still our best first year player.

The best part was that those 'improvements' weren't glaringly obvious in his first season at the highest level either.

I actually think he's a Zak Butters style second year breakout possibility. Similar enough players. Butters averaged 87 in year two.
Second year rookies are pretty much always traps. Macdonald will be the same. Fynlay MacRae vibes from this time last year.

Player DPP's
Wish they'd bloody well open up already. Can't wait for my second year!

Do we get special low prices for SSPs like Liam Shiels and Jed Anderson (assuming he gets picked up by GC)?

I obviously don't know any exact prices, so I'm just going off the vibes of the thing, with a similar premo/mid/rookie ratio to last time, and currently thinking:

DEF
Dawson - (d/m)
Sicily - (d)
Stewart - (d)
HH - (f/d)
Hunter Clark - (d)
Reuben Ginbey (d/m)

Campbell Chesser (d/m)
Max Michalanney (d)

MID
P Cripps (m)
Davies-Uniake (m)
J Macrae (m)
Tom Green (m)
Hopper (m)
Tucker (d/m)
Cooper Stephens (m)
Will Ashcroft (m)

Bailey Humphrey (m/f)
Cameron Mackenzie (m)
Elijah Hewett (m)

RUC
Witts (r)
Meek (r)
Comben (r/f)

FWD
Dunkley (m/f)
Taranto (m/f) or Darcy Cameron (r/f)
Fyfe (m/f)
W Phillips (m/f)
Toby McLean (m/f)
Harry Sheezel (f)

Mattaes Phillipou (f/m)
Jacob Van Rooyen (d/f) or Blake Drury (f/m)

MISCELLANEOUS
Laird, Miller and Oliver are all must haves but their prices seem crazy compared to the likes of Cripps and Macrae. Waiting to see how much $ I'll have in the bank.
Don't mind the idea of getting Blicavs instead of Meek depending on the cost differential.

Last edited:
Others of note

Little Nicky Def only
Will Phillips MID only (a bit annoying)
Moore FWD
Himmelberg Def/Fwd
Cameron R/F
Whitfield Mid only :(
Chesser Def/Mid

Fyfe Mid/fwd if like to live dangerously.

Forward lines will be interesting. Dunkley surely in 100% of teams and then Taranto, Moore, Rozee, Butters, Cameron, HH all possible picks.

Others of note

Little Nicky Def only
Moore FWD
Himmelberg Def/Fwd
Cameron R/F
Chesser Def/Mid

Forward lines will be interesting. Dunkley surely in 100% of teams and then Taranto, Moore, Rozee, Butters, Cameron, HH all possible picks.
I will not be picking up Taranto so easily after last season.

Also in general will Sheezel be DPP? Or just midfield or forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will not be picking up Taranto so easily after last season.

Also in general will Sheezel be DPP? Or just midfield or forward?
Fwd only.

Taranto is a butcher, but will be number mid at Richmond after Prestia gets injured in round 2. Hard to ignore him as a forward.

WTF. How did he go from mid/fwd this year to mid next year when he hasn't played any games?

They included VFL games when allocation positions (this is why we always lose R/Fs that haven't even debuted).

But still he only managed 3 games this year, should have kept it.

Fwds look stacked early anyways, not having DPP is annoying but not a deal-breaker.

Others of note

Little Nicky Def only
Moore FWD
Himmelberg Def/Fwd
Cameron R/F
Chesser Def/Mid

What do you think WaynesWorld19 our boy Cameron Ruc/Fwd is almost a lock to Start

Fwd only.

Taranto is a butcher, but will be number mid at Richmond after Prestia gets injured in round 2. Hard to ignore him as a forward.

I'm not starting with him he won't change in price much during the year a good upgrade mid season.

So we didn't get Phillips from north as a M/F, but we got Ben Cunnington...

2 games at 49.5 last year.

If priced at last year's average he's 270k before any discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back