Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
2023-Player-Positions.png

Last edited:
If Jacob Hopper goes to the Tigers he will be a Fulltime midfielder with a proper coach. He will be well under priced at around $360k:padlock:

Hop.JPG

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
If Jacob Hopper goes to the Tigers he will be a Fulltime midfielder with a proper coach. He will be well under priced at around $360k:padlock:

View attachment 1503765
Him and Taranto might cut each others lunch a bit though? :think:

Think I'd rather Hopper somewhere else for SC purposes. Geelong replacing Selwood would be ideal.

No Himmelberg?
Oh yeah, forgot about him. Sicily 2.0 might also be a lock

But then there's also Hayden Young...

argh too hard... can't start em all I guess

Sicily, Stewart, Dawson, GusBrayshaw, Perryman, Young and NDaics. I'll start 3-5 of them depending on where the rookies are how the salary cap is going

2023 Rookies - inc 2022 scores
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

KFC SuperCoach 2023: Early rookie bible and cheapie analysis​

Will Ashcroft (Brisbane)​

SC Ave 2022: 130 (VFL), 166 (U18 Champs), 159 (NAB League)

It’s one thing to average more than 150-points at under-18 level, but his 130-point average from his three matches against seasoned bodies in the VFL is simply ridiculous for a player who is yet to be drafted. The Lions father-son has scored 119-points or more in all but one of his 17 matches – the first of the season – and was the No.1 ranked KFC SuperCoach scorer at the national championships and in the NAB League. Ashcroft would step straight into any AFL team next year – even the Lions who have a fairly settled centre-bounce set-up. The Nick Daicos of SuperCoach 2023 — but he won’t come cheap.

Darcy Wilmot (Brisbane)​

SC Ave 2022: 56.5 (AFL), 83 (VFL)

Campbell Chesser (West Coast)​

SC Ave 2022: DNP

George Wardlaw​

SC Ave 2022: 125 (NAB League)

He has been sidelined for most of the year, but Wardlaw has proved the main challenger to Will Ashcroft to be the first name read out on draft night. Wardlaw is an elite contested ball-winner, a fierce tackler and has been likened to Clayton Oliver. That comparison alone should be enough to put him on your 2023 watch-list.

Mattaes Phillipou MID-FWD​

SC Ave 2022: 144 (SANFL U18s), 102 (U18CH), 83 (SANFL Reserves)

The top-10 pick contender models his game on Marcus Bontempelli – and he’s put together a junior career full of scores similar to the Bulldogs skipper. Phillipou, a tall, goalkicking midfielder, averaged 129 points across 25 SANFL under-18 games over the past two years and scored 181, on the back of 23 disposals, 16 contested possessions and two goals, in the national carnival opener in 2022.

Elijah Tsatas MID​

SC Ave 2022: 149 (NAB League)

The breakaway speed and game-changing qualities of Tsatas will put him in the frame for senior action in his debut season at whichever club snaps him up the pointy-end of the draft. And his scores of 102, 154, 165, 126, 161 and 186 in an injury-interrupted NAB League season put him firmly on the KFC SuperCoach radar.

Mitch Szybkowski​

SC Ave 2022: 120 (U18 Champs), 116 (NAB Leagie)

The other potential draftees on this list are likely to be expensive, but Szybwkoski looks to be in the mid-first round to second round range - and the further he slides, the cheaper he will be for coaches. Szybkowski ranked fifth at the national carnival for KFC SuperCoach points and equal second for disposals, with his ball-winning and ready-made frame as a midfielder giving him the capacity to push for senior selection next year.

Josh Sinn (Port Adelaide) DEF-MID​

SC Ave 2022: 24 (AFL), 35 (SANFL)

Lachie Cowan​

SC Ave 2022: 141 (NAB League), 100 (U18 Champs)

Running defenders are generally consistent rookie scorers in KFC SuperCoach, and Cowan’s dash and penetrating kick mean his teammates are always looking for him. The Morrish medallist loves to use his footskills, recording a kick to handball ratio of three in the NAB League, and post SuperCoach tons in all 12 of his matches. A kick-in pig of the future.

Ned Moyle (Gold Coast)​

SC Ave 2022: 111 (VFL)

Moyle is the heir to Jarrod Witts’ thrown and if the 2022 breakout performer goes down, as he has in previous seasons, expect the talented young ruckman to fill his place. The 2021 mid-season draftee posted impressive numbers in the VFL this season, averaging 111 KFC SuperCoach points, 39.1 hitouts, 14 disposals and 5.4 clearances per game, proving that he is capable of stepping up to the plate at senior level. Turning 21 next year, Moyle shapes as the one of the better cheap rucks on offer, but he remains behind Witts in the queue.

Charlie Dean (Collingwood) DEF​

SC Ave 2022: 60 (VFL)

SC Ave 2021: 85 (VFL)

Jacob van Rooyen (Melbourne)​

SC Ave 2022: 87 (VFL)

The swingman settled in attack at VFL level for the Demons in his first season, where has kicked 36 goals from 17 matches. And his form as a marking tall in the back-half of the year has put him in the mix for a round 1 debut next year, averaging 98.5 points and slotting 19 majors from his last eight games. Key forwards generally aren’t our friends in SuperCoach, but we may not have the embarrassment of riches with forward rookies that we did this year.

Zac Taylor (Adelaide) MID​

SC Ave 2021: 82 (SANFL)

SC Ave 2021: 126 (NAB League)

The young Crow’s KFC SuperCoach potential was on show during his draft year, with the skilful midfielder averaging 159 points in his final four NAB League matches. And he could get a chance to put it on show at senior level in 2023, after an impressive finish to this season in the SANFL. Taylor averaged 98 points in his last eight matches of the year, impressing with his composure during the finals series.

Brett Turner (Adelaide) MID​

SC Ave 2022: 99 (SANFL)

SC Ave 2021: 114 (SANFL)

After posting scores of 154 and 184 in the opening month of the SANFL season for Glenelg, Turner was picked by the Crows in the mid-season draft. But he arrived at the club injured and didn’t get his chance at senior level. That could change if he receives a new contract, however, after the strong-bodied midfielder averaged 26 disposals, 16 contested possessions, 11 tackles, nine clearances and 121 points in the final three games, to be the club’s best player in the state league finals

Now this would be interesting Luke Jackson playing midfield for Freo:think:

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Now this would be interesting Luke Jackson playing midfield for Freo:think:

He was low TOG playing forward/second ruck. Can Freo carry him and Brodie both playing midfield and having 60% TOG?

Such a strange trade, makes sense if he goes to WC as NicNat is almost done, but not Freo.

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
Will be keeping an eye out to see if anyone picks up Boyd Woodcock. Finished 2nd in the JJ Liston award for the VFL.

Should never have been delisted from Port ahead of such spuds like McEntee, Frederick and Motlop. Was never given a decent go at it by Stinkley.

He was low TOG playing forward/second ruck. Can Freo carry him and Brodie both playing midfield and having 60% TOG?

Such a strange trade, makes sense if he goes to WC as NicNat is almost done, but not Freo.
In fairness, he had 78% TOG when he solo rucked against Brisbane, so it might be down to structure as much as it is fitness.

I agree it's a strange one for Freo though, because it doesn't solve their forward problem, unless they think they can turn Darcy into a star forward (and he would have to be a star to justify it).

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
In fairness, he had 78% TOG when he solo rucked against Brisbane, so it might be down to structure as much as it is fitness.

I agree it's a strange one for Freo though, because it doesn't solve their forward problem, unless they think they can turn Darcy into a star forward (and he would have to be a star to justify it).
They're trading out their only half decent forward in lobb to get a second ruck.

He'll get fitter I'm sure.

Last edited:

Seems they're content with Taberner and Amiss. Only 13 and 3 games each this year, so getting them to play 20+ games each would be a win.

turtles

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
With Darcy and lobb at Fremantle, could Jackson be played like a fellow 199cmer in Justin Westhoff?

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
With Darcy and lobb at Fremantle, could Jackson be played like a fellow 199cmer in Justin Westhoff?
Wouldn’t think so, I’d imagine both him and Darcy split time between forward and ruck.

Both very capable forwards, and now they’ve got great versatility in the ruck with the option of an agile, athletic ruck with Jackson, or a more physical ruck in Darcy

turtles

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Wouldn’t think so, I’d imagine both him and Darcy split time between forward and ruck.

Both very capable forwards, and now they’ve got great versatility in the ruck with the option of an agile, athletic ruck with Jackson, or a more physical ruck in Darcy
That was my assumption but Freo refused to play meek and have Darcy split time forward.

Has me wondering, does darcy split time forward with Jackson or does darcy remain the Ruck with Jackson playing as a forward pinch ruck or even a midfield pinch ruck?

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
That was my assumption but Freo refused to play meek and have Darcy split time forward.

Has me wondering, does darcy split time forward with Jackson or does darcy remain the Ruck with Jackson playing as a forward pinch ruck or even a midfield pinch ruck?
I think there’s a difference in quality between Meek and Jackson though.

May be match up dependent too.

Tanner Bruhn at Geelong, $300k-ish M/F :think:

17 games @ 53 this year, only one tonne. I haven't paid him any attention, assume he has been mainly half forward and sub.

Played 30 games with an average of 50 it hardly screams pick me in Supercoach. Also if he does go to the Cats he will probably be in the VFL team. Guys like Parfitt, Menegola and O'Connor can't even break into the Seniors at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back