Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anything else need to be said ....

FjgZzEYaAAAjO95
Getting the C round 1? :p

I'm going to have a bit of a Rant here. I see Mark blicavs who I had as a POD for the second half of last season as a Def/Ruc.
He now has been changed next year to Mid/Ruc how the F*ck do they come up with this???
Whenever he was at the center bounces he was in the ruck he wasn't playing as a midfielder so he is either a pure Ruck or had enough time in a forward/Defence position this really makes no sense to me.

View attachment 1570292
I guess he plays on the wing sometimes

I'm going to have a bit of a Rant here. I see Mark blicavs who I had as a POD for the second half of last season as a Def/Ruc.
He now has been changed next year to Mid/Ruc how the F*ck do they come up with this???
Whenever he was at the center bounces he was in the ruck he wasn't playing as a midfielder so he is either a pure Ruck or had enough time in a forward/Defence position this really makes no sense to me.

View attachment 1570292

Blicavs had a 48% CBA attendance for the season, yet only averaged a 33% ruck attendance (including any contests taken around the ground).

Towards the back end of the season he was being used as a midfielder plenty.
For example, in the GF Stanley led the Cats for CBAs with 84%, second was Blicavs with 81%.

They simply can't combine for that high a % of CBAs unless one of them is being used as a mid, and it sure as hell wasn't Stanley.

Blicavs had a 48% CBA attendance for the season, yet only averaged a 33% ruck attendance (including any contests taken around the ground).

For example, in the GF Stanley led the Cats for CBAs with 84%, second was Blicavs with 81%.

They simply can't combine for that high a % of CBAs unless one of them is being used as a mid, and it sure as hell wasn't Stanley.
how i met your mother GIF by Amanda

Amazing how some people look purely at stats and treat it as gospel. Being an owner I did pay attention to how and where he has playing and looking at these stats it does back up what I was trying to say. In the Home and Away rounds (I am not including Finals because they don't count in Supercoach)
He only had High CBA's in 8/21 games and in 5 of those game Stanley Did Not play and another 2 of those games Stanley was injured which means he was playing as the No1 Ruck in those games. There were 12 games where he had very low CBA's and he was probably giving Stanley a chop out while having a rest on the bench when he was there.

ruck.JPG

Amazing how some people look purely at stats and treat it as gospel. Being an owner I did pay attention to how and where he has playing and looking at these stats it does back up what I was trying to say. In the Home and Away rounds (I am not including Finals because they don't count in Supercoach)
He only had High CBA's in 8/21 games and in 5 of those game Stanley Did Not play and another 2 of those games Stanley was injured which means he was playing as the No1 Ruck in those games. There were 12 games where he had very low CBA's and he was probably giving Stanley a chop out while having a rest on the bench when he was there.

View attachment 1570397

George Costanza Fighting GIF
stop it jerry seinfeld GIF
p

Fight ,fight,fight...✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻😁

View attachment 1570397

Except finals do count.
They don't count towards price, but the do to position, we missed out on Dangerfield as fwd one year because of it.

Late in the season there's also 2 games where Ceglar played, if Blicavs wasn't also playing as a midfielder, how come the CBA split between the 2 full time rucks equal up to over 100%, Ceglar attended 73% CBAs, he had more CBAs than Ceglar, but Ceglar attended 2.45X more ruck contests (59 to 24).
You've pointed it out in your own argument RE Stanley going down. He got subbed out with 44% CBAs yet Blicavs had 97%!!! Before Stanley went down, guess where Blicavs was playing.

Think the games are still available on Kayo if you wanna go watch them back, Champion Data aren't changing their stats to mess with a single blokes fantasy football position lol.

Except finals do count.
They don't count towards price, but the do to position, we missed out on Dangerfield as fwd one year because of it.

Late in the season there's also 2 games where Ceglar played, if Blicavs wasn't also playing as a midfielder, how come the CBA split between the 2 full time rucks equal up to over 100%, Ceglar attended 73% CBAs, he had more CBAs than Ceglar, but Ceglar attended 2.45X more ruck contests (59 to 24).
You've pointed it out in your own argument RE Stanley going down. He got subbed out with 44% CBAs yet Blicavs had 97%!!! Before Stanley went down, guess where Blicavs was playing.

Think the games are still available on Kayo if you wanna go watch them back, Champion Data aren't changing their stats to mess with a single blokes fantasy football position lol.

If this is your argument then tell me how Isacc Smith got Mid/Fwd status this year when in 2021 he attended a total of 26 CBA's for the whole year. Is it because he was starting on a wing? Just like Blicavs did on many occasions this year.

If this is your argument then tell me how Isacc Smith got Mid/Fwd status this year when in 2021 he attended a total of 26 CBA's for the whole year. Is it because he was starting on a wing? Just like Blicavs did on many occasions this year.

What?

Lining up on the wing isn't a CBA. Otherwise players like Langdon and McIntosh would have 100% CBA rates.

Only the 8 blokes inside the square are accredited with a CBA.

I'm sure someone out there is keeping stats for who is starting on the wings at every bounce but I ain't wasting my time looking for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Hinge getting DEF - FWD status this year .....never spent a minute up fwd

Should have been DEF - MID at a minimum

What?

Lining up on the wing isn't a CBA. Otherwise players like Langdon and McIntosh would have 100% CBA rates.

Only the 8 blokes inside the square are accredited with a CBA.

I'm sure someone out there is keeping stats for who is starting on the wings at every bounce but I ain't wasting my time looking for that.
Agree ....playing Wing isn't a CBA

But it is playing mid, hence Blicavs getting ruc/mid.
Wing is considered part of the midfield these days ....many mids rotate between the CBA and Wing ....or start on a Wing & then go into the true midfield, in general play

But it is playing mid, hence Blicavs getting ruc/mid.

Yes, but towards the end of the year, he was playing as a centre bounce midfield, and chopping out in the ruck. A total freak of a role, the only bloke in the comp with the build and running capacity to do so.

A role so niche that he's the only player to have R/M status, in '13 (debut season) and now again in '23.

Cd keep another stat for WA's counts towards midfield for DPP purposes. I've only ever seen it mentioned in a couple of articles but they 100% do keep the stat. Makes sense it would count towards mid DPP.

Here's the weirdest part:

It's structured as 4/2/6/6

I feel like I'm going to have to make decisions as the rounds go.
Bicavs might end up being a strat if you can flick him in after the mini-bye and then chuck him in the mids to fill gaps, then punt Tinglish in his bye and get MB back in the rucks.

Here's the weirdest part:

It's structured as 4/2/6/6

I feel like I'm going to have to make decisions as the rounds go.

This will be the hardest year ever in Supercoach please don't add more trades.

This will be the hardest year ever in Supercoach please don't add more trades.
Last year's trades and boosts were perfect imo. I'm not sure we need 3 trades for a week 2 teams have the bye only.
Meanwhile North's double up games are awesome.
WC, Hawks, Essendon, saints, GCS and Melbourne.
Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back