2023/24 AFLTM Off-Season Discussion

I understand the Off-Season Rules and commit to actively participating in all off-season activities

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Rich won the Longest Kick, and you just can't buy that kind of culture...

... except now you can! Just $213k of cap space, and a pick that is the best offer below 21!

If you buy we'll chuck in Pick 21 as well.

WTF; Daniel Rich & 21 for a pick below 21 (best offer accepted)

Just a thought of mine;

Players on AFL lists but not on AFLTM Lists. i.e. not drafted or delisted in previous years

How about a "Free Agent" signing period (for want of a better term) for a period of say 72 hours before/after trading where AFLTM coaches can sign these players (subject to list spots) & nominate a salary. First in best dressed, or players can be bid on say 24 hours after first bid.

A bit to flesh out I guess but thoughts ??

I'm always open to ideas, although nothing will be implemented this off-season. I'm not a huge fan of first in best dressed but there might be something to work with here.

If the AFL bring in a mid-season draft then I'm also planning on bringing in a similar concept for AFLTM, details still to be worked out.

yep appreciate that, and no I don't have a player in mind :cool: . Would just be another way to fill list spots if you've got a lot of spots to fill.
I've been thinking about this more and I think the best way to do it is to add the "Free Agents" in the uncontracted players list as part of the normal off-season process. Instead of being listed under a team they are listed as a Free Agent and any team can bid on them under normal Opposition Player Bid rules.

I've been thinking about this more and I think the best way to do it is to add the "Free Agents" in the uncontracted players list as part of the normal off-season process. Instead of being listed under a team they are listed as a Free Agent and any team can bid on them under normal Opposition Player Bid rules.

That's what I thought knobby was getting at. I think it's a great idea.

That's what I thought knobby was getting at. I think it's a great idea.
I'm certainly warming to the idea as well. Pretty simple to implement and should help those teams who have cap space.

Gold Coast have the following picks for trade
Pick 12
Pick 20
Pick 27

I will only be taking two picks in the draft so will consider any of the following options...
Package two of the picks for an upgrade
Trade one for a future pick
Trade two for a mixture of 2023/24 upgrade and downgrade

Can also package one in a suitable player trade

Putting it out there that Jarryd Lyons is on the table for a draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could I interest anyone in Nick Haynes for a draft pick?

edit - or young player

Open to trading Christian Salem if the right offer is out there

Open to moving George Wardlaw and Mason Redman

Willing to trade pick 11 for a couple picks if anyone is wanting move up for a certain player. Im looking to have a few more picks as otherwise im waiting to pick 50 to pick again.

If no interest, ill make my pick soon to keep things moving .

If anyone is keen on trading one of the remaining first rounders and say a R3 next year, I’m happy to trade my R1 next year and one of my third rounders this year.

Willing to trade pick 11 for a couple picks if anyone is wanting move up for a certain player. Im looking to have a few more picks as otherwise im waiting to pick 50 to pick again.

If no interest, ill make my pick soon to keep things moving .

Match made in heaven

Back