BBL 2023/24 BBL SuperCoach

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep I noticed that: Renshaw, Neser, Piersen and Steketee. Id imagine including Brisbane players will be the go for Round 1. Josh Brown a dark horse to be included? i thought he played alright late last season.
With some of there best missing a game due to prime ministers 11 duties

Yep I noticed that: Renshaw, Neser, Piersen and Steketee. Id imagine including Brisbane players will be the go for Round 1. Josh Brown a dark horse to be included? i thought he played alright late last season.
So Marnus and Khawaja are able to play game 1 for the Heat but then are unavailable due to test schedule. Thus, I expect Brown to have a shot at playing 2/3 of their games but i cant see how he makes the lineup for the first game. Even if he does, it would be ballsy running with him as he could get dropped any moment. Counter argument is that he is very cheap, but all things considered i think i'll look elsewhere

So Marnus and Khawaja are able to play game 1 for the Heat but then are unavailable due to test schedule. Thus, I expect Brown to have a shot at playing 2/3 of their games but i cant see how he makes the lineup for the first game. Even if he does, it would be ballsy running with him as he could get dropped any moment. Counter argument is that he is very cheap, but all things considered i think i'll look elsewhere
I think the plan will be to check teams about 30 minutes before kick off. I initially was looking at the Brisbane keeper but agree if you play 2 of the 3 games, it might be better to look elsewhere. Ideally you want to get a Brisbane player that will play all 3 games in Round 1, eg someone like Spencer Johnson

I think the plan will be to check teams about 30 minutes before kick off. I initially was looking at the Brisbane keeper but agree if you play 2 of the 3 games, it might be better to look elsewhere. Ideally you want to get a Brisbane player that will play all 3 games in Round 1, eg someone like Spencer Johnson
If Brown is selected for game 1 then you can go with him but if he isnt there is no way to get rid of him if he doesnt line up for the Heat's second game. I heard Johnson has a bit of a niggle so he may not play all 3 but if he is good to go for the first game, ill probably pick him. You're right though, you want a Heat player to play all 3. That is especially true as lots of other teams play twice so you can get value from them too. I think ill only lineup with 2 Heat players for round 1.

If Brown is selected for game 1 then you can go with him but if he isnt there is no way to get rid of him if he doesnt line up for the Heat's second game. I heard Johnson has a bit of a niggle so he may not play all 3 but if he is good to go for the first game, ill probably pick him. You're right though, you want a Heat player to play all 3. That is especially true as lots of other teams play twice so you can get value from them too. I think ill only lineup with 2 Heat players for round 1.
Brisbane XI first game: Brown, Khawaja, Labuschagne, Billings (wk) :airplane:, Munro :airplane:, Heazlett, Bryant, Bartlett, Paul Walter :airplane:, Spencer Johnson, Kunehmann. I forgot McSweeney is also a Brisbane Heat player, he was top scorer for Brisbane in the grand final last year against Scorchers.

The staples there for me: Spencer, Xavier Bartlett, Munro, Billings (could also be keeper) and yeah the more i think about the more likely the likes of: McSweeney, Neser, Piersen, Renshaw, Steketee make way possibly for that 2nd game, and at least 2 will make way (Labuschagne and Khawaja)

Probably the 2 players most vulnerable at retaining their spot would be: Brown, Heazlett. Brisbane may be tempted to drop that 3rd import in Paul Walter to make way for one of Steketee/Neser.

Pound for pound, it could come down to who Brisbane elect to play , someone like Renshaw or Josh Brown. Renshaw isnt really that great a T20 player. Brown did play in the Grand Final last year.

Last edited:
Billings, Munro, Walter and maybe a bowler.

That's all I'm considering atm

Billings, Munro, Walter and maybe a bowler.

That's all I'm considering atm
I can see a world where Josh Brown scores a quickfire 50 off 30 balls, and Brisbane retain him for the next 2-3 games.

Definitely food for thought.

Like I said before, I rate him a better T20 batsman over Renshaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many of the test players will get chances to play BBL.
Steve Smith has been mentioned he will be available for Round 1

There is a little window where test players are available from : January 8-January 16, so id imagine the test players will play in Rd 7 and Rd 8.

One to keep an eye out for.

January 12 may be a date where the Sixers play Thunder in the derby, so yeah those are potentially 2 games in Round 1 and January 12th where Smith could play.

Can only see Steve Smith involved in up to 2 matches max.

You do have to love how Cricket Australia have gone about milking the Test players and how they are going to be involved in the BBL for all its worth.

And a bit of food for thought for the Brisbane Heat round 1 fixtures. (3 games)

Opening rounds, likely to be fresh pitches and suited to batting conditions. Brisbane will play at: GABBA, Adelaide Oval and Manuka Oval will see their first games of the season.............it seems a bit of a no-brainer to include Brisbane batsman.

Imagine a world where Josh Brown comes out and hits 50 off 30 balls in Game 1.

+25 (Strike rate of 160+)
+10 (Bonus points for 50+ Runs)
------------------------------------------
85 points for Josh Brown

Are we taking that for a top 4 opener?

BBL scoring for the season:

BATTINGPOINTS
Runs (Per run scored)1
Strike Rate Bonus (must score 20+ runs)
Strike Rate of 160+25
SR of 150-159.9920
SR of 140-149.9915
SR of 130-139.9910
SR of 120-129.995
Runs Bonus
Scoring 50+ runs10
Scoring 100+ runs20
BOWLING
Wickets (Per wicket)20
Bonus for every 3 wickets in one match10
Maiden over bowled (per maiden over)15
Dot Ball bowled1
Extra Conceded (per extra, includes wides and no-balls bowled)-1
Economy Rate Bonus (must bowl at least 3 overs)
4 or less r.p.o.25
4.01-5 r.p.o.20
5.01-6 r.p.o.15
6.01-7 r.p.o.10
7.01-8 r.p.o.5
FIELDING
Catch10
Run out (player affecting runout)20
Stumping (W'keeper only)15

And speaking of Brisbane Top 4 bats, Colin Munro had himself a time in the T10 League last night:

I think if Munro can score 36 off 15 in a T10 league, no reason why he couldnt score a 50 from more balls at around that rate in the BBL.

Brisbane Heat Round 1 prices:

I didnt realise Munro was the most expensive Heat of that lot.

I also assume that the salary cap for BBL is $2,000,000 for 16 players.

It wouldnt be a dumb idea for me to grab 5 Brisbane Players in Round 1 , if it takes up around 25-30% of the salary?

Brisbane Heat Round 1 prices:

I didnt realise Munro was the most expensive Heat of that lot.

I also assume that the salary cap for BBL is $2,000,000 for 16 players.

It wouldnt be a dumb idea for me to grab 5 Brisbane Players in Round 1 , if it takes up around 25-30% of the salary?

5 is too many imho

A few will be in the PM Xi team, others will leave for test duty

I think there's 4 maybe 5 who'll play all 3 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back