BBL 2023/24 BBL SuperCoach

Remove this Banner Ad

Lessons learnt from this year

• Strike rates are important more so for batters. Perth Stadium, GABBA (early season), Adelaide Oval are roads
  • Sydney Showgrounds is a spinners and generally a bowlers paradise
  • SCG is about fair value for bowlers and/or batters. Its the most truest pitch in Australia
  • Timeanddate.com is the most reliable for weather. To be fair out of the 9 games that weather affected, I reckon there was 1 where it was off.
  • Players to start a XI next year based on gut feels for BBL14, for domestic players anyway: Matt Short (Captain), Glenn Maxwell, Chris Lynn, Aaron Hardie, Ben McDermott (wicket keeper), Jake Fraser-McGurk, Chaudary, Daniel Sams, Michael Neser, Tanveer Sangha, Nathan Ellis. Doubt one could squeeze that in an equivalent full salary cap next season, but probably the 2 names on face value that might not be worth it are: Ellis and Chaudhary.
  • Surprising imports this season: Jamie Overton, Dan Lawrence, Walter, Laurie Evans. All had their fair share of good games. I missed Dan Lawrence last game but if you had him in your last round , one sense you would have scored well.
  • @HoneyballBBL had that really handy timetable sheet and I could plan ahead.

Not many people will be buying Short and Maxwell or both at their prices.

Depends on Maxwell's form but he was in a rich vein of form these last two months. Will he replicate it? Not sure.

Short should be in 100% of teams but he will be in about 30

Not many people will be buying Short and Maxwell or both at their prices.

Depends on Maxwell's form but he was in a rich vein of form these last two months. Will he replicate it? Not sure.

Short should be in 100% of teams but he will be in about 30

I feel like Maxwell could produce even more than he has whereas Short is almost maxed out, other than maybe he starts taking wickets more regularly.

An early Adelaide DG next year will make things rather interesting regarding Short. Wouldn’t put it past him being in the Australian team by then anyway.

Looking into next season the must haves. I know one that isn't. Not going to pick Jhye Richardson next season.

Had a shocker and got injured again. I think he is done.
If fit he's elite and a SC lock

Purely depends on his fitness levels

I imagine there's some poor bastard who had Josh Brown in their team for long periods this season and got * all from him. Then they see that he's smashed out 140 in the final, and they're thinking, "* you, campaigner."

That's how I would feel if it was Max Bryant after giving him 5 years of chances. I rate Brown that lowly that I don't think I've ever had him in my side.

Random bump but just wondering if you ended up getting anything for top 100?

Nah I haven't heard anything about prizes or recieved anything yet. The site says there is a prize for top 111 so I'd be a little flat if I didn't get something at some stage but no real rush for it.

You top 100 too?

Nah I haven't heard anything about prizes or recieved anything yet. The site says there is a prize for top 111 so I'd be a little flat if I didn't get something at some stage but no real rush for it.

You top 100 too?

Yeah just signed up for AFL supercoach and saw the BBL tab and it reminded me I was expecting free KFC

Haven't heard a thing either but I thought that could've been cos I didn't have all my details in

You top 100 too?
Yeah just signed up for AFL supercoach and saw the BBL tab and it reminded me I was expecting free KFC

Haven't heard a thing either but I thought that could've been cos I didn't have all my details in
Last time I got the email late Jan and the prize (KFC voucher) some time in March

Remove this Banner Ad

Back