LAST CHANCE TO GET NICK HAYNES - looking for some form of pick

Gippsland

Tom McDonald $188k (1)

Rookie Bids
Ryan Gardner
Matt Owies

Melbourne Giants apply to delist Lochie OBrien and Trent Bianco at 75%

fightingfury_88
Please confirm you wish to delist Lochie O'Brien and Trent Bianco at 75% of contract value.

Lochie O'Brien - 75% x 1 year x $168,000 = $126,000
Trent Bianco - 75% x 2 years x $280,000 = $420,000

Adelaide Lions Rookie own player

Sam Day $95,000 (1)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StKilda apply to delist Dan McKenzie @ 75% (I don't think he qualifies for 50%).
Please confirm you wish to delist Dan McKenzie at 75% of contract value = 75% x 1 year x $213,000 = $160,000

Jack Mahony delisting cost increased to 100% of contract value following AFL relisting in Rookie Draft.
Dumbest pickup by Gold Coast. Can be a VFL star I suppose.

Jack Mahony delisting cost increased to 100% of contract value following AFL relisting in Rookie Draft.
I know this rule is a legacy from the original administrator, but personaly I think this is a really bad rule that needs to be removed.

The payout salary is an agreement that has been made between a coach and a player based on circumstances at a point in time.
If a player is delisted at the appropriate salary it should stay at that salary.

You can't plan your salaries on the outside possibility that a player you've delisted at an agreed payout value then comes back and claims more from you because his circumstances have changed. The deal has already been agreed to.

Managing salaries in this game is difficult enough, and the draft happens after trading and bidding is closed, which makes this situation impossible for a coach to manage.

I know this rule is a legacy from the original administrator, but personaly I think this is a really bad rule that needs to be removed.

The payout salary is an agreement that has been made between a coach and a player based on circumstances at a point in time.
If a player is delisted at the appropriate salary it should stay at that salary.

You can't plan your salaries on the outside possibility that a player you've delisted at an agreed payout value then comes back and claims more from you because his circumstances have changed. The deal has already been agreed to.

Managing salaries in this game is difficult enough, and the draft happens after trading and bidding is closed, which makes this situation impossible for a coach to manage.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not heavily invested in this rule one way or the other so if there is a strong push to change it I'm open to doing so. I'm certainly involved in a few NBA contract leagues where discounts are applied for waived players wether they are on an NBA roster or not. NBA is quite a bit different to AFL though.

One counter point I will raise is that the re-signing and delisting of your own players is open until a couple of days after the draft.

I'll take it on board and probably put a poll up on this and a few other items in the off-season at some point.

Apply to delist Josh Corbett (256 x 1)

fightingfury_88

Remove this Banner Ad

Back