• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We should have a pretty strong team. Crouch, Sloane, Hately, Himmelberg, Murphy, McHenry, Madgen, maybe Shane Edwards. That's a strong core, should be expecting finals especially with our depth of young players that will be eligible
Edwards? Can't see it, unless it's a Dan Jackson-type thing where it's only a couple of rare games

Sloane won't be in the SANFL side
I agree unfortunately. Rory would be the best mentor for our youngsters.
Pride might stop this though.

Is he even dropable? Can't see that happening either.

I've always been a Rory fan (who hasn't?) but I'm dead set worried he's going to be our 2023 mcrouch.

I agree unfortunately. Rory would be the best mentor for our youngsters.
Pride might stop this though.

Is he even dropable? Can't see that happening either.

I've always been a Rory fan (who hasn't?) but I'm dead set worried he's going to be our 2023 mcrouch.

100%

He would be fantastic for the kids in the SANFL. Sloaney is going to be 33 before the season starts, he is putting a fair bit of pressure on himself to be a regular 1st member. I really fear that we will give him time to come good in the firsts ( a scenario we would never give a kid, nor can Nicks afford for his coaching career) and then justify him on a weekly highlight until the Melbourne media start highlighting his low lighting.

We better have a plan with Sloane and it better not be, Centre square first bounce, 25 diddly, non hurt possesions Sloaneys back because Sloaney used to hurt opposition

Some great news for the long suffering Panthers supporters with young Jonti Schuback deciding to further his quest to get onto an AFL list with South Adelaide.

Would be an excellent rookie pick up for the Crows with his top end speed/agility and excellent endurance matched up with his elite disposal and decision-making.
Then of course there's the father/son attachment with Jonti actually born in Adelaide as well before the old man headed back to Sam Berry country and became a Gippsland legend

Best suited IMO to wing/half back at AFL level where there would be some pretty happy forwards getting on the end of silver service delivery.

IMO he had the talent to at least get a shot on a rookie list and would be a very worthwhile proposition if we free up a spot if Seeds or McAsey were to call time.

Some great news for the long suffering Panthers supporters with young Jonti Schuback deciding to further his quest to get onto an AFL list with South Adelaide.

Would be an excellent rookie pick up for the Crows with his top end speed/agility and excellent endurance matched up with his elite disposal and decision-making.
Then of course there's the father/son attachment with Jonti actually born in Adelaide as well before the old man headed back to Sam Berry country and became a Gippsland legend

Best suited IMO to wing/half back at AFL level where there would be some pretty happy forwards getting on the end of silver service delivery.

IMO he had the talent to at least get a shot on a rookie list and would be a very worthwhile proposition if we free up a spot if Seeds or McAsey were to call time.

Would prefer that Turner guy gets another go.

Big influx of former AFL players to the SANFL this season.​

SANFL

Brett Turner - Glenelg
James Rowe - Woodville-West Torrens
Connor McFadyen - Sturt
Ely Smith - South Adelaide
Jack Madgen - Adelaide
Zane Williams - Woodville-West Torrens
Jez McLennan - Central Districts
Rhys Nicholls - West Adelaide
Zach Sproule - South Adelaide
Jackson Callow - Norwood
Jack Saunders - Norwood
Patrick Walker - Norwood
Martin Frederick - Sturt
Sam Mayes - North Adelaide
Sam Skinner - South Adelaide
Riley Collier-Dawkins - Woodville-West Torrens
James Bell - Glenelg
Charlie Parker - Sturt

Your boy Riley Collier Dawkins suiting up for WWT. WaynesWorld19

Big influx of former AFL players to the SANFL this season.​

SANFL

Brett Turner - Glenelg
James Rowe - Woodville-West Torrens
Connor McFadyen - Sturt
Ely Smith - South Adelaide
Jack Madgen - Adelaide
Zane Williams - Woodville-West Torrens
Jez McLennan - Central Districts
Rhys Nicholls - West Adelaide
Zach Sproule - South Adelaide
Jackson Callow - Norwood
Jack Saunders - Norwood
Patrick Walker - Norwood
Martin Frederick - Sturt
Sam Mayes - North Adelaide
Sam Skinner - South Adelaide
Riley Collier-Dawkins - Woodville-West Torrens
James Bell - Glenelg
Charlie Parker - Sturt

Your boy Riley Collier Dawkins suiting up for WWT. WaynesWorld19

Haven't WWT done well in the off-season ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep Double Blues and Panthers also
And still my Westies muddling in mediocrity .....never changes ....but it does build resilience as a supporter, we're happy winning a quarter

You have to look for success's where you can

Angry Shawshank Redemption.gif

And still my Westies muddling in mediocrity .....never changes ....but it does build resilience as a supporter, we're happy winning a quarter

You have to look for success's where you can

View attachment 1582429
They need an entrepreneur like you with the big bucks to get behind them financially and offer up off field "inducements"...i.e. take a page out of the Redlegs and the Eagles play book....LOL

They need an entrepreneur like you with the big bucks to get behind them financially and offer up off field "inducements"...i.e. take a page out of the Redlegs and the Eagles play book....LOL
We've like always been the St Kilda of the SANFL .....had some of the best players to have played in Sth Aust ...yet always just missing the Finals (Rehn, Modra, Day, Kerley, Bray, Mickan, Laird, Bruce Linder and so on)

If he’s so good why wasn’t he drafted in the first place?

We've like always been the St Kilda of the SANFL .....had some of the best players to have played in Sth Aust ...yet always just missing the Finals (Rehn, Modra, Day, Kerley, Bray, Mickan, Laird, Bruce Linder and so on)
Nah, IMO Westies have a respectable history, unlike St Kilda.
After an early golden era, West Adelaide have at least been able to product a flag roughly once in a generation: 1927, 1947, 1961, 1983 and 2015.
Yes lean times in between, but it eventually happens.

If he’s so good why wasn’t he drafted in the first place?
There's always players that slip through the draft, even a Brownlow medalist in the past...actually 2 Brownlow medalists of more recent times.

Drafting is far from a perfect science...

IMO he was stiff to miss out.

Got a notification email from the SANFL a couple of days back..

My SANFL Now pass will automatically renew at the start of feb.. $89 for the entire year of football. so, I think its gone up about $5 from last year.

represents excellent value if you ask me and I’d encourage everyone to sign up.. every single SANFL game, women’s, juniors, all finals and all can be rewatched at any time (even directly after the game has finished so you don’t have to wait 24hrs for them to upload the video replay)

it’s almost more exciting/satisfying watching our SANFL side over our AFL side at the moment and I reacon we’ll be very competitive again this year..

gonna miss BIG BAD BILLY in the defensive line this year though.. this ex pies player has BIG shoes to fill!

but it’s more that it’s just great watching our youth showing their wares.

get onboard mofo’s…

Got a notification email from the SANFL a couple of days back..

My SANFL Now pass will automatically renew at the start of feb.. $89 for the entire year of football. so, I think its gone up about $5 from last year.

represents excellent value if you ask me and I’d encourage everyone to sign up.. every single SANFL game, women’s, juniors, all finals and all can be rewatched at any time (even directly after the game has finished so you don’t have to wait 24hrs for them to upload the video replay)

it’s almost more exciting/satisfying watching our SANFL side over our AFL side at the moment and I reacon we’ll be very competitive again this year..

gonna miss BIG BAD BILLY in the defensive line this year though.. this ex pies player has BIG shoes to fill!

but it’s more that it’s just great watching our youth showing their wares.

get onboard mofo’s…
Almost as good as watching Norwood

Back