Brownlow 2023 AFL Brownlow Medal Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Second one has a bunch of Key position players which makes sense, less likely to poll votes
The Jackson ones for me are the most confusing though. Like in Round 8 especially, even without knowing any stats everyone at the ground could agree that Jackson was a clear best on. With Key defenders or Key forwards or even rucks it's one thing, but Jackson was essentially a midfield and was all over the ground in that hawks game.

Daicos probably romps it in if he doesn't get injured tbh

Will be hard to beat next year
His knee injury could be complicated.

But one thing with mentioning is Collingwood has half of 2018 Gf team playing this week.
There’ll be significant list change over soon, as deluded as Collingwood are. Daicos may well be feeling it next year and after that

Serong was not even there was he? 24 votes a good effort.
I don’t believe Neale will even win the Brisbane B & F. I reckon he was slightly embarrassed to win last night

As hard as it is. Eventually we have to move on.

I am jealous that Lachie has now won 2 x Brownlow's and playing in a GF probably going to win a premiership after leaving us.

But at the end of the day he chose to leave and forge his own path somewhere else.

The club has to take some blame as well for letting things drift to the point in 2018 where Lachie felt the environment around the club was toxic enough to leave. Also undervaluing him as well when it came to contracts.

Its why i suppose you have to appreciate the likes of Sandi, Pav, Mundy, Walters who have stayed the course in Purple there whole careers.

Lachie would have been our 3rd player to play 300 games if he stayed unfortunately that's not the case.

I just hope we ain't having the same conversation in 7-8 years time if someone like a Brayshaw left.

Can we stop with all this “poor lachie, coz culture” crap?

Sure, it may have been a factor. But it wasn’t the reason.

Brisbane waved a s**t load of $$ in front of face, and he didn’t want to keep playing second banana behind Fyfe. Then, as soon as the big dollar years were done at Brisbane, he wanted to “come home” resulting in a big fact contract extension and new house.

In hindsight I'm glad Cripps won it. Probably deserves a brownlow in his career but Neale is no where near good enough to be a 3x brownlow medallist
Other than a fair bit right, there really is something wrong with you. Cripps is a flat track bully who deserves nothing more than to be waved off at the end of a career spent falling on blokes smaller than him. He’s got a head designed by Charles M. Schultz and a shiteating grin that needs removing. He’s Kmart Fyfe.

The Neale observation is good though. Interesting thing about the Serong/Neale flight trajectory comparison is Lachie began by continually racking up most possessions in the comp. Didn’t have a Rising Star, Goal of the Year and an AA blazer at the same age though.

Other than a fair bit right, there really is something wrong with you. Cripps is a flat track bully who deserves nothing more than to be waved off at the end of a career spent falling on blokes smaller than him. He’s got a head designed by Charles M. Schultz and a shiteating grin that needs removing. He’s Kmart Fyfe.

The Neale observation is good though. Interesting thing about the Serong/Neale flight trajectory comparison is Lachie began by continually racking up most possessions in the comp. Didn’t have a Rising Star, Goal of the Year and an AA blazer at the same age though.
Look I hate Cripps as much as the next person. Just more so I’m glad someone other than Neale won it last year.

2015 was Neales 4th year and was the year he started putting together some really good games (had 42 and 3 in a derby once) but he didn’t have the consistency yet. Serong is easily ahead of Neale at the same point and I’d be shocked if he doesn’t win his own Brownlow soon enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Neale was even close to the best player this season that’s one thing, and we can congratulate and move on. But it took him polling three votes in a game where he had 20 touches and nothing else to steal the win from Bont who didn’t even poll in games where he topped the coaches votes. Even Daicos had games with 40+ and 38 and 2 goals that he didn’t poll in.

Yeah nah he had already sorted that one out before it had even happened; he was actually pondering why the universe is shaped like a green deflated volleyball.
I accept this is a free-to-say forum. In turn I need to say reading posts like the above (from someone I admire as footy analyst BTW) makes me feel I'm colluding in bag-the-fat-boy type ribbing.

No Einsteins anywhere on this board as far as I can see - and Dogga's arse on field is a helluva lot smarter than yours or mine.

We wouldn’t have paid massive overs for hogan if we’d kept Neale, which in hindsight would have been best for us.

I still to this day do not know how we were so shite in 2017-18 with Mundy, Fyfe and Neal in the midfield.
3 awesome mids with almost zero defensive accountability between them. Didn't we get rid of De Boer / Subes / Barlow around this time? Massively unbalanced the engine room.

*Plus HFF Mundy (the most defensive of the three) as someone pointed out.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t believe Neale will even win the Brisbane B & F. I reckon he was slightly embarrassed to win last night
Yeah he was because even he knows his season wasn't that good.

Does anyone know how many votes Dunkley got? Seems to have been criminally under polled all night.

I never going to view Lachie in the same league as peak Fyfe but the guy can football and he made the right choice to get the best out of himself and his career.
Oh me neither.

Like who would you rather have?

Peak Fyfe/Dusty/Danger or peak Neale/T. Mitchell/Wines/Cripps? Answer is pretty obvious.

His knee injury could be complicated.

But one thing with mentioning is Collingwood has half of 2018 Gf team playing this week.
There’ll be significant list change over soon, as deluded as Collingwood are. Daicos may well be feeling it next year and after that
I was explaining to my partner how Daicos is the kind of player (outside) that looks a million bucks in a winning team, but he'll look much less dominant when the team around him drops off and he isn't getting fed as much ball.

Daicos is the amazing cherry on top, he can't drag a struggling team over the line like a contested beast mid can.

He's just the right player at the right time for Collingwood.

I was explaining to my partner how Daicos is the kind of player (outside) that looks a million bucks in a winning team, but he'll look much less dominant when the team around him drops off and he isn't getting fed as much ball.

Daicos is the amazing cherry on top, he can't drag a struggling team over the line like a contested beast mid can.

He's just the right player at the right time for Collingwood.
i mean hes two years into his career, a bit early to be making such big claims. i have no doubts if he were required to be an in and under player he would absolutely excel in that role

at the moment hes most valuable on the outside being given the footy and making great use of it, hes an absolute star idk why people are so quick to denigrate him tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back