Brownlow 2023 AFL Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

On tomorrow night at 7.30pm AEST

I've got Butters winning it only because he played more games than Daicos.

Who will be our highest vote getter? Is Sinclair a smokey to win it all?

Think ours will be something like;

Sinclair
Marshall
Owens
Wilkie

In what order I'm not sure but Sincs will top the bill for us I reckon.

FWIW, my model (which is based on coaches votes and game statistics) has Daicos favourite, with Bontempelli, Butters and Petracca next.

I have round-by-round votes and various probabilities on the following page as well as a 99-page downloadable PDF guide:

Brownlow Medal Predictions

Overall Win %

PlayerTeamWin %Exp. Votes
Nick DaicosColl35.6%26.6
Marcus BontempelliWB27.5%25.7
Zak ButtersPort22.8%25.1
Christian PetraccaMelb17.8%24.3
Lachie NealeBris5.0%22.0
Connor RozeePort3.2%20.4
Errol GuldenSyd3.0%21.1
Tim TarantoRich2.0%20.3

St Kilda Win %

PlayerWin Team %Exp. Votes
Rowan Marshall55.8%15.6
Jack Sinclair51.1%14.9
Brad Crouch1.8%7.8
Jack Steele0.3%5.6
Mason Wood0.1%4.9
Callum Wilkie0.1%4.6
Mitch Owens0.0%3.8

It's probably a two horse race between Nick Daicos and Bontempelli.

Butters might be an outside chance, he's had a good year but he will have to compete with Rozee for votes who has also had a good year.

Sinclair will probably be our best vote getter but he probably won't even finish in the Top 10 let alone be a chance of winning the thing.

Marshall's had a good year too but ruckman don't tend to get many votes, even a ruckman as good as Gawn usually doesn't poll that well.

Bontempelli wins to rub it in to us one last time.

Probably deserves it to be honest. He had a good year. Daicos the hype train choice though.

Probably deserves it to be honest. He had a good year. Daicos the hype train choice though.
He should win it but I think the Daicos wankfest will get him over the line. Umpires get sucked into that stuff.

Daicos might be hyped up but the guy does deserve to win it lol

He's had a stunning season, a lot off HB which usually makes it harder to win but the hype he's got would have had him have the full eyes of the umpires. He's an architect and surgeon rather than a coal face bull though. Bont was huge in a pretty ordinary season for the Dogs. Bont went in head first and carried his side over the line. Daicos mopped up and recieved a lot and really opened the field up.

It really comes down to what you rate higher as far as how you measure them. Butters was pretty incredible too. Would be a worthy smoky.

Bont for me. Deserves one.

Daicos has been (beyond) great, but doesn’t help that AFL media have been shoving him down my throat any chance they can get for 2 seasons now, if he didn’t play for Collingwood it would be a very different story. Bit of a right place, at the right time, with the right team / coaches behind him, but hey, fair play that’s how it goes.

Anyway, like most AFL awards it’s a sham, the Brownlow makes absolutely no sense but it’s a fun night in the lead up to the GF.

One for the omen punters....

Daicos the odds on favourite at Tamworth gallops today. Jumped well, lead the whole way and mowed down in the last 100m.

Aside from that, really hope Sincs polls well. Would love to see him finish top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised to see Crouch already poll 7 votes after 5 rounds - tied for 2nd? I think.

Daicos looks like he's going to poll 35+ votes, very strong start.

Think Butters will start to get rolling soon, got him winning the lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back