Brownlow 2023 AFL Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Sinclair needs to play more midfield to be a chance of winning a Brownlow, the umpires give most of their votes to the full time midfielders.

Marshall polled SFA votes as I predicted despite having a great year, even Tim English didn't poll many votes and he was the AA ruckman.

It's just a midfielders award these days, the good old days of a key forward like Lockett or a ruckman like Stynes winning one are long gone.

Lucky the umpires are clean skins because you'd swear they were taking money on some of these results.

Mate, the umps are absolutely cleaning UP with this stuff.

Bookies don't care because whatever they loose to the umpire connections, they win back 100x over from mug punters.

Almost as bad as last years where Cripps shouldn't have been eligible

In hindsight, it's almost like the umpires felt like they needed to make it up to Lachie...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as bad as the Horne-Francis one.

Rd 14 - 13 disposals. 7 clangers. No score. 41 SC points

3 votes
Amartey was subbed off at half time in one game and got 3 votes lmao

Everyone spends all year talking about the incompetence of the umpires but then gets surprised on Brownlow Medal night when they get it wrong?

It’s bizarre the Brownlow is still considered the highest individual award in the AFL. Coaches votes is a more impressive win. Maybe they need to lock the coaches votes up until the end of the year and have that event televised instead.

Bontempelli
Petracca
Anderson

Staggering what could've been.

******* Dean Anderson should get sacked from the board for not playing enough games for us.That said I'm a massive Anderson fan but Bont and Petracca are on another level still.

If you had to pick guys to win you a match you're going Bont or Petracca. He should come on and join them in a few years but the Brownlow is a very inexact science. Most years the best player doesn't win it.

Sinclair needs to play more midfield to be a chance of winning a Brownlow, the umpires give most of their votes to the full time midfielders.

Marshall polled SFA votes as I predicted despite having a great year, even Tim English didn't poll many votes and he was the AA ruckman.

It's just a midfielders award these days, the good old days of a key forward like Lockett or a ruckman like Stynes winning one are long gone.

Unless you get hyped like Daicos. It's a midfielders award unless you get enough hype.

I reckon for impact no player did more for their side than Curnow this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back