Autopsy 2023 AFL Draft - Day 1 & 2 Kickoff at 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The Kinnear Beatson school of bidding
Friends Reaction GIF

Draft time. Here's where my username shows its value!
That's how I'll feel if we leave with Will Green. I'm sure the kid can play and who knows, may well become a gun. But taking a ruck with a first rounder just doesn't do it for me at an emotional level. It's like buying a Kia Carnival when what you really want is a VW GTI.

That's how I'll feel if we leave with Will Green. I'm sure the kid can play and who knows, may well become a gun. But taking a ruck with a first rounder just doesn't do it for me at an emotional level. It's like buying a Kia Carnival when what you really want is a VW GTI.
Would you say that for a Tim English

Twomey had like 3 rucks picked in the top 30 this draft. That never happens so who knows.

If we hadn't taken Grundy, the rational part of my brain would've over ridden the emotional by screaming "we need a ruck" at 1000% volume.
I'm pretty happy with best available this year. Trade period was good for us - this first pick is a free hit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely given our offseason moves so far we would have to look at a guy like Shaun Mannagh with a later pick.

Just seems to me like his record in the VFL last year would make him almost certain to fit straight into an AFL team in round 1 next year.

Last edited:
Love draft night! Don't love that you have to wait until tomorrow for the rest to be completed, but it's sounding like we'll do all our work tonight anyway for a change, so no big deal.

For what it's worth, my wishes tonight are this:

Best case scenario - somehow get O'Sullivan, with either trading up or him sliding, that would be an amazing result!

My next preference - draft Darcy Wilson. It would be awesome if we were able to do it after trading 12 for North's 17 & 18 and get him along with someone else, but I'd be happy enough to take him with our first pick! I reckon he looks like a real classy option, something we don't have a lot of at his type and size.

Third preference - trade 12 for 17 & 18 and then take the best available, whoever the club thinks that may be. I'd love a key defender, but not sure if we rate any of them around our likely picks so who knows.

Can't wait to see what we do, and I hope for once that I'm not initially disappointed with our choices! Lol.

Sent from my SM-F936B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back