Autopsy 2023 AFL Draft - Day 1 & 2 Kickoff at 7pm

Remove this Banner Ad

An insight into the deals of the night. North did offer 17 & 18 for 12

Anyone else confused about Essendon trading up to get Caddy by 1 spot? Especially since the cats weren’t going to take him anyway. They essential gave up a second round pick when they didn’t have to and Dodorro, of course, was praised for a GENIUS move on the night.

I know the argument is they didnt know the cats wouldn’t take Caddy.. but cmon… reaaaalllly?

Anyone else confused about Essendon trading up to get Caddy by 1 spot? Especially since the cats weren’t going to take him anyway. They essential gave up a second round pick when they didn’t have to and Dodorro, of course, was praised for a GENIUS move on the night.

I know the argument is they didnt know the cats wouldn’t take Caddy.. but cmon… reaaaalllly?
I fully believe Geelong would have lied saying they were gonna take him, then told the press they were never going to

Or visa versa. Either way Geelong playing funny buggers with someone

It could be they didn't want to take the risk, honestly the cats could use a developing forward on their list.

It could be they didn't want to take the risk, honestly the cats could use a developing forward on their list.

They were never taking Caddy. If Osillivan was gone Cats would have traded the pick.

Essendon just being Essendon confuses me!

Gothard would have to 30+ goal small forward straight away for it to make any sense what GWS did in not taking the West Coast pick.

Allow the kid to develop first 😅

GWS have a style of football they want to play and obviously rate Gothard as a prospect.

I feel like we fans are way to harsh on draftees, to even get to this pointy end is insane.

GWS have a style of football they want to play and obviously rate Gothard as a prospect.

I feel like we fans are way to harsh on draftees, to even get to this pointy end is insane.
And expectations even when only trained for a week

Gothard would have to 30+ goal small forward straight away for it to make any sense what GWS did in not taking the West Coast pick.

Probably the surprising one but don’t forget they got Leake too

Seems like a very good chance he would have been available at their next pick.

So they could have still drafted him and had the West Coast future 1st.

And GWS are the ones saying their small forwards are going to be 'unstoppable' next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like a very good chance he would have been available at their next pick.

So they could have still drafted him and had the West Coast future 1st.

And GWS are the ones saying their small forwards are going to be 'unstoppable' next year.

St Kilda and north were both into him and they wanted Leake too.

I don't trust the media on these daft things , as they do their phantoms and when they are wrong they have to try and justify it , no different to some on BF

Some in the media are more reliable than others.

Cal Twomey is historically inaccurate with the Swans but nailed the Green selection this yeah and got 27/29 first selections.

He definitely has inside information and have seen him at several games over the years.

Still seems a big call to be passing on the west coast pick.

If Gothard turns out to be a star or West Coast go flying up the ladder, I'll say I was wrong.

An extra year in development cannot be underestimated. Look I’d have done the deal but I get the GwS decision too

Cal Twomey is historically inaccurate with the Swans but nailed the Green selection this yeah and got 27/29 first selections.

He definitely has inside information and have seen him at several games over the years.

Yup, bucked the trend on our pick this year

HSun first floated us heavily linked to Green, then everyone else seemed to go with it from that point.

SYDNEY once again lived up to its ‘Bidney’ moniker before picking up a pair of talls and as many academy graduates across this year’s AFL Draft. We recap the Swans’ haul with a look at what each new player offers and the workings behind their selections.

View attachment 1857226

Successfully predicted 3 of the top 5 in July.

Just give me the draft expert badge now Ticky009

No seriously.

Where badge?

Animated GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back