Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

That would depend if you class George Stevens as a half back because he was way better than those you mentioned spending time down back and some on ball.
I thought Stevens spent generally more time up the ground, hence why I didn’t group him with them

Absolutely one of Vic C’s best though

Thats his first match in the U18's. Pick 1 is a a high possibly in next year's list atm. Midfielders normally get that posi though.
If he's pick 1 next year, we would have effectively* two pick 1s in our forward line!

*TT would have been pick 1 if we didn't strategically bid on JUH and WB was possibly not going to match

All looks pretty straight forward to me:

Gold Coasts 2023/1 for our 2024/1
Ship this pick together with our 2023/1, one of our 2023/2s and McAdam to West Coast for the rights to Harley Reid.

If he's pick 1 next year, we would have effectively* two pick 1s in our forward line!

*TT would have been pick 1 if we didn't strategically bid on JUH and WB was possibly not going to match

He won’t be pick one. Very impressive today and knew where to be but if as a medium/big forward gotta clunk some decent contested marks and he didn’t really show that today. He is not a true KPF so I can’t see him being top 5

I realise he has show good contested marking traits at SANFL junior level but need to see it up with the big boys

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He won’t be pick one. Very impressive today and knew where to be but if as a medium/big forward gotta clunk some decent contested marks and he didn’t really show that today. He is not a true KPF so I can’t see him being top 5

I realise he has show good contested marking traits at SANFL junior level but need to see it up with the big boys

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He will be playing seniors for WWT this year and next. They promote their kids early. Examples Luko, Mead,Vince. Reddan.Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK by me. Thats what I want.
Id rather he play seconds for us next year.. get in early and get used to all the traits of his future team mates..

And, more importantly, straight under the wing and guidance of Mr Darren Burgess… who I’m sure would already have him on a plan.

Don’t reckon the height matters
At 189cm he aint gonna be the modern type KPF.

Nowhere near it.

And looking at his build he may not have any upwards growth left to do.. plenty of kids his age dont.. they stop growing taller and start growing outward putting on bulk.

He’ll be a medium forward… as long as he’s mobile enough.. medium forwards these days cover a lot of ground working up and back on the field.

If he comes to us at years end and can play SANFL for us next year.. I Reckon we should get him on a Burgess fitness program and see what he can do with some runs through the midfield.. a highly skilled lad like him at 189cm might make a very good big bodied mid/forward..

Nowhere near it.

And looking at his build he may not have any upwards growth left to do.. plenty of kids his age dont.. they stop growing taller and start growing outward putting on bulk.

He’ll be a medium forward… as long as he’s mobile enough.. medium forwards these days cover a lot of ground working up and back on the field.

If he comes to us at years end and can play SANFL for us next year.. I Reckon we should get him on a Burgess fitness program and see what he can do with some runs through the midfield.. a highly skilled lad like him at 189cm might make a very good big bodied mid/forward..

The coverage today had him listed at 191cm and 91kg. It seems he may have grown a couple of cm over the off-season.

Nowhere near it.

He’s 191cm already
Tipping he plays at 192-193 similar to tex and Fog

Jack Darling is a good comparison because he runs well , has power and is aggressive

The coverage today had him listed at 191cm and 91kg. It seems he may have grown a couple of cm over the off-season.
And what are most KPF’s these days..

195 all the way up to 205cm..

in the last few years they have just continued to get taller and taller.. as have their corresponding KPD’s..

He just may grow another 4-5cm.. but he may not.

But if he doesnt he’s gonna be a Gollant type size..

I see Gollant as a medium forward type.. not as a KPF Tex Walker/Riley Thilthorpe type..

Wouldn’t you?..

Exactly

Eagles won’t let him just go and play for us

He will be playing seniors with them in next 18 months
Unless he plays for the eagles seniors this year then the eagles wont have any say in it.. he doesnt even have to ask their permission.

If he does play seniors we’re stuffed..

So you’d expect the eagles will try and name and field him in atleast one eagles game this year.. just to fxxk us over..

But he could say “thanks, but no thanks”.. and deny them cause he wants to go to the crows next year and get in early.

Or the sanfl change the rules… again!..

He’s 191cm already
Tipping he plays at 192-193 similar to tex and Fog

Jack Darling is a good comparison because he runs well , has power and is aggressive
Tex and fog are 195cm

I think fog may even be a little taller than tex now days.. certainly seems so when the stand next to each other on the ground..

Haha.. but tex could be starting to shrink with age!..

I just think the days of 185-195cm KPF’s are over.. Darling may be the last of them..

The large majority, if not all, are 195cm and above these days..

Hard to believe looking back 20-30 years ago KPF’s were so short… guys like Dunstall and ablett snr were only 185-190cm.. Lockett was only 191cm.

Todays KPD’s would tower over these lads!

How many of these 200cm gorillas you talk of can boast a 2.92 20m....He'll beat almost all 200cm KPD's on the lead for starters, did you not see the turn of pace he showed when he put the jets on in the last goal he kicked today.

He is a way way different package to Gollant both on speed and strength.
But not everything for a KPF happens “on the lead” these days.

Again.. todays kpf’s arent like those of yesteryear.. everything dunstall and lockett did was off the back of strong leads..

Teams flood back faster into defense these days quickly plugging all the holes KPF’s can lead into making it more about contested marks in packs..

Being taller brings the advantage.. especially if your KPD opponent is 198cm tall!..

How many of these 200cm gorillas you talk of can boast a 2.92 20m....He'll beat almost all 200cm KPD's on the lead for starters, did you not see the turn of pace he showed when he put the jets on in the last goal he kicked today.

He is a way way different package to Gollant both on speed and strength.
First time I’ve seen him today (only the last qtr or so), he’s quick is he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back