Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the club sees him as the next “Dawson” like trade in..

Comes in as a half back flanker.. turns into the clubs best midfielder..

Maybe Redman himself wants to play mid and isnt getting that opportunity at Essendon and thats one of a few reasons he may want to come to Adelaide.. sees more midfield opportunities there..

Maybe his mate Dawson is onboard too..

Are they mates?

None of us really knows what the club or redman are thinking..

The AFL should run state based academy programs in the Northern states that identify the "special" talent early on for the AFL pathway not clubs financed by the AFL and the draftees from those states would then go into the open draft just like all other states.

The talent still gets nurtured and there's every chance just like all draftees drafted interstate that they'll return to their home state's AFL teams some sooner than later.

I reckon in a decde or so that's what will happen.

In the meantime, these players staying in their state flows on to those clubs being stronger and more grounded in the local community, which flows on to the game being stronger and more players coming through, etc.

Eventually though, it won't be needed.

i think Norf will get a priority pick thats not overly contentious - perhaps end of first round. but then afl will ensure they get first round compo for mckay based on their secret herbs and spices formula even if its almost as ridiculous as Dees getting pick 3 for Frawley to Horks back in the day. McKay aint 'worth pick 3' but AFL media wont kick up a fuss unlike the 'Crouch isnt worth pick 2' crap we faced.

end result kangas get pick 2,3 and 19 and lose mckay
Do we think any club is paying McKay $825k a year?

He has to be in the top 35 or so players in the league for compo. I just don't think that will happen.

F1c0sEZXgAE99w8

He has to be in the top 35 or so players in the league for compo. I just don't think that will happen.
Do we think the AFL has been transparent with other compensation picks received in the past? If the AFL want to give North a leg up they will give them the band 1 compo.

No. Probably IMO 700-750k which seems overs to me (I would rather Murray on probably half that at most). It’s just the unique ability for the AFL to achieve desired outcomes…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally saw a bit of Zane Duursma in the Vic Metro vs Vic Country Final. Jees he's a smooth mover. Light but rangy build that would need to put on 8-10kg over time.

Has a bit of a Lachie Whitfield/Will Day vibe about him. As in he seems to read the play better than everyone around him and then has the confidence to deliver the ball by foot beautifully.

With what I saw, I wouldn't be upset if we called his name come draft day.

Finally saw a bit of Zane Duursma in the Vic Metro vs Vic Country Final. Jees he's a smooth mover. Light but rangy build that would need to put on 8-10kg over time.

Has a bit of a Lachie Whitfield/Will Day vibe about him. As in he seems to read the play better than everyone around him and then has the confidence to deliver the ball by foot beautifully.

With what I saw, I wouldn't be upset if we called his name come draft day.
Yep he’s a high talent

Likely to be a forward / mid rather than the reverse but over time who knows

190cm ! So will end up a big lad

Twomey compares him to Shaun Burgoyne which is interesting , have quite seen that but still respect the comment

Yep he’s a high talent

Likely to be a forward / mid rather than the reverse but over time who knows

190cm ! So will end up a big lad

Twomey compares him to Shaun Burgoyne which is interesting , have quite seen that but still respect the comment
How fun would a Duursma vs Duursma showdown be... Assuming Port's Duursma is still there next year

Do we think the AFL has been transparent with other compensation picks received in the past? If the AFL want to give North a leg up they will give them the band 1 compo.
LOL at people going on about the FA compo rules. AFL will make the ‘rules’ fit their agenda (which is usually a short-term agenda), like they always do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back