2023 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ModernArtillery and/or Chris25.

Who are some names that, other than Patton, Wheaton, Delean, Tattoli, Hardeman, Matz and Moir, we're likely to see mentioned this year?

Kane McAuliffe is a big, strong midfielder. He's at PAC so I'm not sure how many games he'll play at North but he was pretty dominant through the middle in the U16's last season.

Patrick Weckert got a go in the U17's against WA last year and was pretty impressive. He's a nice size that can play at either end. I think he's probably best suited to the back half where he's a strong interceptor and has a long, penetrating kick. He can accumulate a bit across half back and his quality use makes him pretty damaging. One of those where the ball just always seems to find him.

I haven't seen a lot of Luca Slade but I'm curious to see what he can do this year. Think midfielder, that can go forward and kick a goal. He's a bit taller than his Dad too.

Swans V Giants Academy game this weekend.

Edit: Update from Swans in regard to player details:

"Sorry about last week, tough work without commentary or player/number reference. We will post on our page - match day (with the game links to be posted shortly) And as promised the Swans have come through and team sheet is below!

Giants Team List can be found HERE

Swans Team list for this game can be found HERE

Attachments

• SwansAcademy3.jpg
    SwansAcademy3.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Ok so GC Suns have a few good ones in 2023 draft - some of their best today in big win against Brisbane in U19 were the 17 yo’s

Read
Graham
Hay
Zanker-Close

All look a chance for next year

Ok so GC Suns have a few good ones in 2023 draft - some of their best today in big win against Brisbane in U19 were the 17 yo’s

Read
Graham
Hay
Zanker-Close

All look a chance for next year
Is this game on Youtube? I haven't been able to locate the link anywhere

Thanks briztoon for any other upcoming would you be able to post in the Northern Academy Thread for us together with team lists? Or failing that just give me a heads up, that would be great.

Edit: Team lists provided on screen before game. Neat.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. All 3 games are here.

Did brisbane have any players missing in this ? Didn’t seem to have much

GC on the other hand had plenty especially 17 yo’s and a couple of decent 19 yo’s
Wouldn’t know because our club doesn’t tell us anything about our academy.

The only way i find stuff out, is by monitoring the GC board.

I posted this elsewhere but probably should have posted it here. WA Black v WA Gold 17's exhibition match played a week or two ago.

Last edited:
Here are my prediction for the leading player from each State team for next year.

Allies - Ryley Sanders
SA - Ashton Moir
VICC - Sam Frangalas
VICM - Nick Watson
WA - Dan Curtin
Reid and Duursma > Frangalas convincgly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back