2023 AFL DRAFT - National Draft completed, PSD & Rookie Draft Wednesday @ 3pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted a KPP like Curtin, O'Sullivan or Caddy @ pick 7 because we needed to prepare for life after BBB, May and Petty. Hopefully, if they institute a MSD and we get a forward, Monday night would be forgiven.
On the other hand, you could say Melbourne are going all in on a flag bid next year by getting two players who should be able to contribute early. I think it's a fair strategy for a club coming off a top 4 finish. And at least they committed to it. They didn't try to do a little bit of short term and long term, which is often the worst strategy because it does neither of them effectively.

Miller was found guilty in court, some of the stuff he did was horrendous.

The AFL would have no right to blacklist a player based on a reddit rumour.

If the person came forward and Schoenmakers was convicted of anything that resembles the Miller case then I’d be the first to ask for him to be sacked, but until then, the AFL could not carry out anything like that.

Even then, we have seen the AFL allow many players into the game after being convicted of serious crimes.

Its not a rumour.

I wanted a KPP like Curtin, O'Sullivan or Caddy @ pick 7 because we needed to prepare for life after BBB, May and Petty. Hopefully, if they institute a MSD and we get a forward, Monday night would be forgiven.
How is Jefferson going?

That's an absolute disgrace from the AFL if true (was only 15 when Freo entered the league in 1995)

I don't blame Freo fans for having a chip on their shoulder, esp considering West Coast were practically gifted a WA state side when the Eagles joined the comp in 1997
Who the hell did we have playing for the previous decade?

Also, this has been debunked a million times.

Freo should've done more than simply recruit 2 WAFL team and promote them to an AFL list.

Shouldn't have to be said, but here we are.

1) Talking about or being critical of the moderation on other boards is not appropriate. Please approach the relevant board mods via PM and do so respectfully.

2) Spreading unverified malicious rumours about a draftee is also not appropriate. Feel free to do that on another board that may view such discussion more appropriate. Alternatively you can PM each other to discuss, or do so on another social media platform.

I have just deleted a lot of posts going against the above. Please do not make me delete any more as it may be accompanied with an infraction.

Thanks.

In review the draft shows how utterly pointless picks 13-55 really were in terms of difference.

Id have taken Murphy ahead of Dawson for example and one went at 21 and the other 41. I would have taken Edwards ahead of Goad and one went at 20 and the other 30 odd. For this reason I feel the teams who were in that 25-50 range are the teams who did the best value wise

From the draft id say 3 clear winners were Geelong, St Kilda and Fremantle. All got great value for what they had.

For Eagles Im just okay with it. Got the game changer we needed, a more long term forward to replace Darling whose still got 2 years in him and then some middling midfielders who I think we overrated and went too early with. I think at pick 49 we should have went ZZ or Roberts to diversify out picks a bit better

Biggest losers were North who overreached for players in the early 20s who would have been around in the 30s anyway. Would have been better off trading into next years draft with those picks and picking later. GWS got it horribly wrong also with pick 12/16 muckup . Sydney Swans also I think went weird in not going for some more AFL ready bodies, especially when it comes to defenders. Crimiunal to not grab one of Murphy/ZZ with a trade down

all the reasons you gave in your post is why I rated Richmond an A+

Took 2 players they rated that fit needs, created a 1st round draft pick for next year out of mid air

Outstanding

all the reasons you gave in your post is why I rated Richmond an A+

Took 2 players they rated that fit needs, created a 1st round draft pick for next year out of mid air

Outstanding
This is a great post its not who you may get but what you do with the picks that you have. Look at us North we had a great draft but so we should have with the picks we had like you say the Tigers did very well with what they had to work with.

This is a great post its not who you may get but what you do with the picks that you have. Look at us North we had a great draft but so we should have with the picks we had like you say the Tigers did very well with what they had to work with.

Exactly.

I'm not going to look up my post earlier in the thread, but I think that for the draft I gave us a C or something because while we got some great prospects, we really just did 'as expected'.

IIRC, I also gave us an A for the trade period for giving us both the points to do this and still bank some decent picks for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back