2023 AFL DRAFT - National Draft completed, PSD & Rookie Draft Wednesday @ 3pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am fine with positivity but realism is good too. I want to know what a player is good at but I also want to know what he isn't good at and if they are taken in the 3rd round I want to know why he didn't go higher, what he needs to work on.

This is what the NBA draft do so well even the top picks, list strengths but also weaknesses.

How much have you seen of them?
None, that's all four.
I was remarking about Fremantle and there unwavering ability to constantly over look players who would stay in WA instead going for a flight risk then complaining about the kids wanting to go home.

Felt Freo and Brisbane did very well with the picks and trading up they did tonight.

Not so sure about that.

Freo failed to get the gresham pick for henry (yes i understand leverage but still) and that pick ends up going on collard. Then they try to get cute with mannagh and get him through to a later pick. If theres any club that always takes mature agers early its geelong-im not sure how they didnt read the room-they had to take him at 35.

Im pretty happy with our picks but i also think coll did very well relative to the picks they had..demattia and jiath are dynamic and will be very good players. I do think lual and roberts will be good picks for ess (caddy im not so sure of). I also think the eagles last 3 picks are very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps you have a better explanation as to why the draftee rated as a 1st/2nd Round pick almost doesn't get drafted?
Perhaps because draft watchers don't represent the clubs themselves, and it's a highly subjective exercise, especially once you're past the first round?

Ollie Murphy was rated as a mid first in many phantoms, and went at Pick 41.
Mitch Szybkowski was featured high on draft boards last year (some having him around the end of first round) and went completely undrafted.

Don't let that stop you bad mouthing some kid though. It would be practically unheard of for a rumour on Bigfooty to turn out to be complete rubbish..

None, that's all four.
I was remarking about Fremantle and there unwavering ability to constantly over look players who would stay in WA instead going for a flight risk then complaining about the kids wanting to go home.

OK, but given the issue hasn't just been non-WA born players walking out, I'm not sure what the point is.

Does anyone else recall if there was a recent change to NGA rules regarding cat B rookies? I feel like there was a new rule saying a club could add someone else’s NGA player to their cat B list if their club didn’t select them, but I can’t find anything about it.

Does anyone else recall if there was a recent change to NGA rules regarding cat B rookies? I feel like there was a new rule saying a club could add someone else’s NGA player to their cat B list if their club didn’t select them, but I can’t find anything about it.
Fairly sure that's correct.

He might be everyone said the same about Rayner too. McKercher is just as good just you wait. Plus they still had 3,15,17,18 in hand. To get Reid they’d be giving most of those away. North walk away as the second biggest winners behind GC

Funny how the 2 biggest winners also benefited greatly from AFL assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back