2023 AFL DRAFT - National Draft completed, PSD & Rookie Draft Wednesday @ 3pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instead of just mindlessly laughing at everyone's posts thinking they're out to get you, maybe actually discern the context in each post before reacting.

I wasn't saying we'd get him - as he seems like a very loyal kid - I was saying that we'd be more likely than Richmond if he did want to move home at some point...given his support for us is pretty widely known. So much so that it's on his Rookie me draft profile.

Good luck to him at Freo, I'm very sad we missed out - but happy with other targets you guys had in Mannagh and Edwards. Swings and roundabouts.

Instead of just mindlessly laughing at everyone's posts thinking they're out to get you, maybe actually discern the context before reacting.

I wasn't saying we'd get him - as he seems like a very loyal kid - I was saying that we'd be more likely than Richmond if he did want to move home at some point...given his support for us is pretty widely known. So much so that it's on his Rookie me draft profile.
Ok … I’m laughing because imagine thinking a kid just drafted will come “home” first chance he gets because he supported team X.

Seriously how often do you think this actually occurs?

And if you had more than just the usual finger nail deep analysis as to the players that have left freo in recent years you would see we ve lost as many WA players as vic/interstate

With all due respect, that is still one of the more poorer/average mid fields in the comp. Just too workman like and not enough elite ball users IMHO

Out of that group - Mackenzie, Hustwaite, Amon and Ward are all excellent to elite kicks. MacDonald and Moore are very good kicks too. That's the strength of our whole midfield group currently.

Absolutely zero midfield depth Hawthorn yet we keep going for forwards and defenders in the drafts…

What happens if Newcombe or Day go down?

Our midfield depth is a strength. We have capable midfielders that are seeing no midfield time in Moore and MacDonald. Mackenzie and Ward will likely see more midfield time this season too. We had to target forwards and KPP's. No idea about Bodie Ryan though.

Ok … I’m laughing because imagine thinking a kid just drafted will come “home” first chance he gets because he supported team X.

Seriously how often do you think this actually occurs?

And if you had more than just the usual finger nail deep analysis as to the players that have left freo in recent years you would see we ve lost as many WA players as vic/interstate

You don't seem to be understanding what I'm saying. I never said he'd come home, nor insinuated anything to that effect. All I said was that he'd be more likely to come to us than Richmond in the unlikely event it occurs.

You're being defensive, troll laughing and arcing up over nothing.

There was no Social Media back then so you wouldn't know about a lot of players characters. I grew up in Drouin and our family knows Geoff personally, he's been over to our house. I can tell you that he hates Gary vehemently, and I'm not going to say here why.
When are we going to see the unveiling of Roby's Behaviour Rankings ?

Sorry, what?

Nash, Worpel, Ward, Mackenzie, MacDonald, Moore, Hustwiate, Stephens, Amon, Maginness are all capable of playing midfield full time or covering injuries. We're stacked there.

Our forward line has been the biggest issue as of late. We needed to address it and we did.
Thanks for proving my point. If Newcombe or Day go down we’re ****ed.

Can’t see us moving out of the bottom three again this year with who we’ve brought in so you’d have to conclude that Mitchell’s days are numbered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. No idea about Bodie Ryan though.

From a positional perspective, Bodie will fill that role behind Blake Hardwick as the tough, reliable defender with rebounding qualities. Josh Morris was the depth here but was recently delisted.

We probably see far more athletic upside in Ryan than we did Morris as well.

Thanks for proving my point. If Newcombe or Day go down we’re ****ed.

Can’t see us moving out of the bottom three again this year with who we’ve brought in so you’d have to conclude that Mitchell’s days are numbered.

Which draftee (first year player) was going to magically save Hawthorn's season if Newcombe and Day were inured?

Genuinely one of the strangest takes I've seen on this site.
Although I'm realising now this is probably a troll account which might make more sense.

Happy with geelongs picks.

COS is exactly what we needed after losing sav, intercept marking and can play fwd or back or pinch hit ruck (thanks to his tank) and a really diligent kid. Will take time but i can see him and sdk being the 10 year pillars.

Edwards is a gamble but we needed a ruck and he was the best there by far..i like his tap work and his go forward..with conway under injury clouds and stanley old it was a needed pick.

I get the question mark on the stevens speed but his 2k time suggests to me that once you strip some weight off him athletically he will be a lot better than constable. And when he played vfl for us he was dominant-does deserve a chance.

Ive thought mannagh was the best player in the vfl most of the last 2 years-i know height might be why recruiters have stayed away but he is all class, what he does is isaac smith like (not saying he will be that good but he has similar attributes). He should play round 1 for us and if he plays well will stay there for good like podsiadly menegola stewart and atkins have done.

Its interesting that we have essentially picked 3 mature agers or top agers. That suggests to me we didnt rate the back end of the draft and/or that we think our window is now and wanted a couple of players who can contribute now (i know in wiltshires case its probably specific intel from scarlett but still theres a pattern here).

All in all good picks with the limited currency we had.

Your retention is bad.
Our retention issues are due to a feud with one player manager (Colin Young) Henry, Lobb, Acres, Logue, B Hill, all his players.
The only B22 players we’ve lost outside of this group are Cerra (missed Nona’s pasta during Covid) and Schultz (was going to eventually for family reasons, Collingwood bucket of $$$ persuaded him to go early).
Meek, Tucker, Hamling all not B22 and left for more opportunities at other clubs.

Like what the Crows, Cats, Pies and Dockers got, North and GCS obviously did well too. Saints did OK. Our picks were in poor positions and with a need to attack the 24 draft, we had few bargaining chips to improve our position.

But no one really knows yet. By 2026, we should have a better idea.

Then why enter the conversation?

To highlight how strange it is to suggest Fremantle should’ve taken local talent to counter the recent trend of players leaving.

Especially when as you admit you’ve seen nothing of any of the prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back