Player Watch 2023 AFL Draft Pool Discussion Thread

Who would you prefer we pick with our first pick?

• Nick Watson

Votes: 147 36.2%
  • Zane Duursma

Votes: 136 33.5%
  • Colby McKercher

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Daniel Curtin

Votes: 51 12.6%
  • Nate Caddy

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Conor O'Sullivan

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Ryley Sanders

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Darcy Wilson

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rule applies to this thread as other years, keep it on topic about the kids.
Don’t get bogged down on what other teams might do or where they will finish.

Trade speculation belongs here.

That's also where you can discuss your mock drafts or pick trades.

Any McCabe, Dear or Maginness talk belongs here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jun 24, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Twomeys:

Let the "Play Rubbish for Reid” cup commence!

Of the other, more likely options for us, Caddy, Duursma, Curtin, Moir, A Reid, and Lorenz all look like something we need. It should be a good year to be rebuilding, there's talent around the mark even if we aren't the worst team of the lot.

Will Lorenz

186cm
19/5/05
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro
Midfielder

The grandson of Hawthorn great Graham Arthur, Lorenz finished his season showing his poise with a polished display on Grand Final day in the under-17s futures game. Can weave through traffic, run well and also use his pinpoint left-foot kicking to create the play in the midfield.

Twomeys:

Let the "Play Rubbish for Reid” cup commence!

Of the other, more likely options for us, Caddy, Duursma, Curtin, Moir, A Reid, and Lorenz all look like something we need. It should be a good year to be rebuilding, there's talent around the mark even if we aren't the worst team of the lot.
Lorenz (Mid) and McCabe (FWD / DF) would be could gets us for us in 2023 and our rebuild.

Will Lorenz

186cm
19/5/05
Midfielder

The grandson of Hawthorn great Graham Arthur, Lorenz finished his season showing his poise with a polished display on Grand Final day in the under-17s futures game. Can weave through traffic, run well and also use his pinpoint left-foot kicking to create the play in the midfield.
186cm?

Shame he's exactly 2cm too short to be a quality midfielder...

I'm a Harley Reid truther.

I don't know how we do it, be it tank, trade, kidnap, make sacrifices to Chthulu - we just have to get him to us.
Or... let North take him & grab him 12 months later for less than they drafted him for!

My favourite other than reid is curtin. I know we don't need a key defender but with the skill he has he could play anywhere. Great intercept Mark with some serious agility and a good kick.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Lorenz

186cm
19/5/05
Midfielder

If only we could Grandson's via father son as well

I dont want Reid. If we get Reid then we have finished last as nobody is trading out pick 1. That means we are far, far further back in the rebuild than is comfortable and we will be continuing well into the Tassie years.

We should be aiming to finish higher than this year. We dont need to bottom out any more. The core of the group is great and we've added plethora of early picks (and Nuke) in recent years. DGB, Day, Stephens, Ward, CMac, CMac, Butler, Weddle, Hustwaite and Newcombe is a fantastic group to go with the 'older' guys.

This group can challenge for a flag, the time to move up is now. I am hoping to see a 2006 like year, hopefully better. Challenge for finals in 24, start adding pieces to the puzzle in 25 via free agents and trades (and that will come hard, more players will request Hawthorn before you know it. 3 players requested to come to Hawthorn this year and we were shite) and contend for the following 8-10 years with a group that know each other backwards.

Back