List Mgmt. 2023 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft hand was ordinary, so you couldn't expect to find too many gems amongst the rubble this year.
The likes of McAuliffe, Johnston and a few others went before we picked too.

Two small pressure forwards is too much like McEntee for my liking. All small forwards these days should be able to apply defensive pressure anyway.

I want blokes who are natural goalscorers - but we all know Ken will never play them 😒

A skinny wingman filled out our picks 😐

Hopefully we get a 4th ruckman in the rookie drafts as a project to develop over the next 3 to 4 years by which time Soldo will be almost ready to retire.

Next year we target an inside mid successor to Ollie, and another KPF come Draft night.
Johnston, Zane Z & Delean we’re all after our first pick, I would have preferred all of them over this Geelong kid. Also don’t think we needed to trade up to get our targets. But 2 x F4 shouldn’t impact us too much.

Even more sobering is the fact that the players we drafted last night were born in 2005 which is the year after Port won it's last Premiership. We now have players who weren't even alive when Port last won a flag.
An even more sobering thought Pieman is salt of the earth Port blokes like us could be exactly that before the club wins its next flag. ;)

Back in the days when CHOPS like me ruled the world we would simply have labelled Tom Anastasopolous as Tommy Alphabet but we are not supposed to do that these days. So Atom Ant seems as good as any.

Or Antman if you are trying for any form of pop-culture recency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did any of the irish prospects get drafted? We have room for a Cat B

FOUR AFL hopefuls from Ireland will arrive in Australia later this month and test alongside future stars at the Draft Combine.
The AFL is bringing out the four talents – James McLaughlin, Eoin McElholm, Odhran Murdock and Conor Corbett – who will trial at clubs and also take part in the physical and athletic testing at the three-day Combine.

Elite all-rounder among Irish quartet to get Combine call-up

I think you need to write off any potential draftee who has a write up of; crafty or natural footballer. Its really a sport for athletes who can repeat sprint. I dont think time trials for 2k are very relevant. You need a weapon and you need to be able to apply pressure. I think the tall midfielder thing is a bit of a myth. There's not many bont's out there.

I think you need to write off any potential draftee who has a write up of; crafty or natural footballer. Its really a sport for athletes who can repeat sprint. I dont think time trials for 2k are very relevant. You need a weapon and you need to be able to apply pressure. I think the tall midfielder thing is a bit of a myth. There's not many bont's out there.
Id add the term “genuine swingman”. That generally means they haven’t dominated either position. Give me a pure defender or pure key forward any day

I concur & looked at the new recruits sprint times the moment we drafted them.
We need a real genuine speedster up there.
Bobby hill looked dangerous in the gf because of his speed, besides electric pace he is pretty average.
On top of speed & athleticism the modern player must hit targets by foot

Snickering?

snickers-snicker.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back