AFL RDT 2023 AFL Dream Team Pre-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
1674454046997.png

Def: Buying high with Docherty and Sinclair. Think it will only end in tears but have to pick some premos back there. Sinclair the main worry if he starts getting more attention. 3 rookies on field is grim... expect that a 20-30 score on field will be a regular occurrence to start the season

Mid: History says Laird is unlikely to back it up after a huge year but the good thing about Laird is that he rarely has a stinker, and that's all I'm looking for in a starting premo mid. Worpel will be my token spud starting pick for the year, like Rowell last year. Green has upside, let's see what he does with the opportunity though.

Ruc: It will be 2 of Marshall/Cameron/English I think

Fwd: Stacking the fwds, top 4 pick themselves I think. McClean is a dart throw that hopefully works out

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
View attachment 1591908

Def: Buying high with Docherty and Sinclair. Think it will only end in tears but have to pick some premos back there. Sinclair the main worry if he starts getting more attention. 3 rookies on field is grim... expect that a 20-30 score on field will be a regular occurrence to start the season

Mid: History says Laird is unlikely to back it up after a huge year but the good thing about Laird is that he rarely has a stinker, and that's all I'm looking for in a starting premo mid. Worpel will be my token spud starting pick for the year, like Rowell last year. Green has upside, let's see what he does with the opportunity though.

Ruc: It will be 2 of Marshall/Cameron/English I think

Fwd: Stacking the fwds, top 4 pick themselves I think. McClean is a dart throw that hopefully works out
Good to see that your optimism has carried over from last year. :p
I do prefer the make up of your squad than DaT Bird's.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
In reading the "what's new in 2023" section, I see that all 18 team leagues will now be extended to 20. That's going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons for a number of cash leagues.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
For a North fan you don't have many North players. No interest in Sheezel, Goater, LDU, etc? How likely is Drury?
Ive had Sheezel and Goater in and out. Probably will end up with one of them - likely Goater. LDU is an absolute gun but i dont think he represents too much value in DT. More so in SC i reckon. To be honest, even though im a North supporter, i havent really kept up to date this pre season. Usually i do, and probably will start paying more attention soon, but for the moment i dont have too much info.

I will say, just in general, there will likely be plenty of changes from last year come the start of the season with new coach and new recruits etc. That means lots of opportunities for youngsters so i am interested in seeing what comes from the pre season games. The fact Drury's name has been thrown out there is obviously positive. Ill be happy for the preseason games to come along given the off field dramas circling around the club at the moment (TT, Clarko etc).

Atavistic

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Team Coco
I have a lot of respect for Sheezel and I won't start the year without him. He's sort of like a more prolific and skilled version of Perkins, so I expect him to do well this year.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Ive had Sheezel and Goater in and out. Probably will end up with one of them - likely Goater. LDU is an absolute gun but i dont think he represents too much value in DT. More so in SC i reckon. To be honest, even though im a North supporter, i havent really kept up to date this pre season. Usually i do, and probably will start paying more attention soon, but for the moment i dont have too much info.

I will say, just in general, there will likely be plenty of changes from last year come the start of the season with new coach and new recruits etc. That means lots of opportunities for youngsters so i am interested in seeing what comes from the pre season games. The fact Drury's name has been thrown out there is obviously positive. Ill be happy for the preseason games to come along given the off field dramas circling around the club at the moment (TT, Clarko etc).
Fair to say. I won't be having T Thomas in my squad.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I've only made about a dozen changes so far.
Feel happier with Doc being my number 1 defender particularly as it seems he will fill the Walsh void.
Replaced Laird with Macrae who I'm hoping will go back to his 2021 scoring which allowed me to bring in Butters over Worpel.

Attachments

• DT squad Feb 23.jpg
    DT squad Feb 23.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 43

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Yeah, i wasnt that interested anyway. Mentally, i dont think he is up to AFL standard and obviously now with these allegations, no way you can touch him.
Jordon De Goey must be wondering how he can be fined $25K for his poor behaviour in Bali yet up until today Thomas has gotten away with his completely.
Wonder if the colour of one's skin has played a part in this.
The AFL are s**t scared to take a stand here with all the crap going on at Hawthorn.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Jordon De Goey must be wondering how he can be fined $25K for his poor behaviour in Bali yet up until today Thomas has gotten away with his completely.
Wonder if the colour of one's skin has played a part in this.
The AFL are s**t scared to take a stand here with all the crap going on at Hawthorn.
It is one of those times where its probably best to tread carefully but i agree with you about De Goey being villianised for something very minor. I don't know if i'd draw the comparison to what allegedly went on at Hawthorn but it does seem the AFL is reluctant to take a stand, for whatever reason. I would say that i think Thomas needs help but obviously must first be held accountable if these allegations are true - which definitely seems the case.

Hypothetically, if what you said is even partly the reason why the AFL arent taking a stand, then that is absolutely ridiculous and piss weak to say the least. North's response has been really weak too.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
It is one of those times where its probably best to tread carefully but i agree with you about De Goey being villianised for something very minor. I don't know if i'd draw the comparison to what allegedly went on at Hawthorn but it does seem the AFL is reluctant to take a stand, for whatever reason. I would say that i think Thomas needs help but obviously must first be held accountable if these allegations are true - which definitely seems the case.

Hypothetically, if what you said is even partly the reason why the AFL arent taking a stand, then that is absolutely ridiculous and piss weak to say the least. North's response has been really weak too.
The AFL constantly tell us that they take violence to women extremely seriously. Violence can be physical or mental or threatened.
Yet, when it comes to actually doing something when a situation arises, their silence is deafening.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
The AFL constantly tell us that they take violence to women extremely seriously. Violence can be physical or mental or threatened.
Yet, when it comes to actually doing something when a situation arises, their silence is deafening.
I dont think this is the place to discuss it but i absolutely agree with you. Its a joke really. I have come to not expect much from the AFL. The 'behavioural training program' or whatever is less than a slap on the wrist. Punishment does not fit the crime.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I dont think this is the place to discuss it but i absolutely agree with you. Its a joke really. I have come to not expect much from the AFL. The 'behavioural training program' or whatever is less than a slap on the wrist. Punishment does not fit the crime.
You're right. This is not the place to discuss it so we'll not mention it again.

Dugong

Team Captain
Mar 20, 2007
QLD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I hope we don't see a decrease in the number of playing teams this season. It looked like it was a pretty big drop last year and Fantasy just keeps steamrolling along. I do play both but enjoy this a lot more for strategy. And my strategy last year absolutely tanked!

Anyway, my current team is below but there are a lot of placeholders at the moment with a lot still play out over the next couple of months.

DEFENDERS
S.Docherty, C.Salem, W.Day, J.Bowes, R.Ginbey, D.Wilmot

C.McKenna, J.Weddle

MIDFIELDERS
A.Brayshaw, T.Miller, T.Mitchell, J.Newcombe, J.Hopper, W.Ashcroft, C.Mackenzie, W. Phillips

A. Sheldrick, M. Johnson, J.Fahey

RUCKS
R.Marshall, B. Grundy

L. McAndrew

FORWARDS
J.Dunkley, S.Coniglio, T.Taranto, C.Rozee, M.Phillipou, H. Sheezel

L.Pedlar, J.van Rooyen

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I have one of the most vanilla teams of all time.
I've got 21 of the current top 26 most selected players. One of those 5 missing is Chesser who won't be available for round 1 so his numbers will drop significantly, making it 21 from 25 for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back