AFL 2023 AFL Finals - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

flame thrower fire GIF

played poker with the local bar owners all night at one of their bars and won like 200$ from them lolz FIRE UP

Any truth to the rumour that Dixon's foot is still not fully recovered and he is being wheeled out as a 'break in case of emergency' panic mode move by Ken (Bruce)?

If so, where do Port's goal come from?

They played GWS and beat them comfortably just a few weeks ago, kicking 21 goals.

Goalscorers that day:

Bergman 3 -- Literally the only three goals he has kicked all season
JHF 3 -- Has barely touched the footy in his past two matches

Marshall 3 -- Good player
Rioli 3 -- Good player

DBJ 2 -- Could kick one or two

Finlayson 2 -- Not playing

Lord 1 -- Kicked a few last week, can play
SPP 1 -- Could kick 2 or 3

Houston 1 -- Four shots on goal in past two months
McEntee 1 -- three shots on goal in his past seven matches
Wines 1 -- Two goals since the mid-season break

When you look at it like this, things seem bleak down at Alberton Oval.

Does GWS have a weakness in defence? I.e. vs talls / mediums / smalls?

I looked through their last few matches and it seems like mediums have done alright against them.

Port don't really have any medium forwards though, unless you count Boak (cooked) or JHF (off the boil).
I think, Brother, that GWS are elite in all aspects of defence at this point.

The last time they played Port they didn’t have Bedford and Daniels and tried swinging the magnets in order to make up for this(swinging Perryman forward etc.), and it didn’t work. Port also hit them with a bit of a Blitzkrieg on that day as they are wont to do in day games at the Adelaide oval. GWS will have taken learnings from that and have a much more settled team now.

Like you said, I don’t think that avenues to goal such as Bergman and JHF kicking 6 between them are sustainable or repeatable methods.

Hard to see where their goals come from tonight, Marshall looked injured last week and Dixon will be underdone. Rioli probably most likely and dangerous, but not great odds.

I think the value for goal scorers will be with GWS given they scored over 100 points against the stingy Saints defence last week and the Port defence seems unbalanced and heavily reliant on Allir.

Callum Brown for instance, is listed at $1.50 on TAB to kick a goal even though he has scored goals in 12/13 since moving forward.
I’ve thrown some loose change on 4+@$34 and 5+@$201 on TAB as well.

Last edited:

sportsbet SGM - no free whack but lets go anyway

20+ whitfield/conig/kelly
25+ butters/tom green
AGS Powell Pepper
2+ Ricardi/Marshall

11.50 boosted SB

Lycett 6+ tackles $7 SB, 8+ $15 TAB. Had 9 to 3/4 time last week. With no Finlayson to give him a chop out and only a half fit Dixon as the other option he should be taking the majority of the ruck contests.

Small nibble on 10+ @ $51 on TAB too.

S.Coniglio 15+ hb/O.Wines 6+marks/T.Green 6+ tckl @ 101 (SB, in New Player Stat Markets)

I don't mind this. I'll put a $10 bonus bet on it.

I think, Brother, that GWS are elite in all aspects of defence at this point.

I love your confidence, Louis.

The Giants haven't beaten Port since before corona was a thing.

And yet somehow you have convinced me that GWS are going to belt the hapless Power today.

When SUN AND LOUIE are on the same side it's auto MAX bet. Carn the Giants
Fun Facts with Grotto

Port with a Home ground advantage tonight a concern for the Giants?:think:

Port have lost 3 of their past 5 Finals at Adelaide Oval.:D

The result of the last time Port played a Semi Final in their home state? Catastrophic Power Failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sportsbet SGM - no free whack but lets go anyway

20+ whitfield/conig/kelly
25+ butters/tom green
AGS Powell Pepper
2+ Ricardi/Marshall

11.50 boosted SB

Tailed even though I banned myself from including Marshall ever again. The cat of all cats

Greene 2
Rioli 2
Daniels 2
Riccardi
@11.25

Hogan 2
Ags spp,Rioli,Daniels,riccardi,Bedford
20+ Houston, Kelly
@10.50

Had something on Himmelberg 2+ at $29 B365. Maybe better out there, haven't looked.

Did the same thing last week and it was pointless but if GWS get behind, maybe he goes forward.

******* Commentators every week telling me how great of a set shot Todd Marshall is
I can show them my bet slips from this year proving he is not

Remove this Banner Ad

Back