St Kilda
North
West Coast
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Bulldogs (H)
Brisbane (A)
Hawthorn

They’d start favourites in all but the Brisbane game so could be 7-1 before it’s starts getting rough. Nice way to build momentum and belief

What they do have is a soft start to their season

St Kilda
North
West Coast
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Bulldogs (H)
Brisbane (A)
Hawthorn

They’d start favourites in all but the Brisbane game so could be 7-1 before it’s starts getting rough. Nice way to build momentum and belief
That's a classic freo fixture. Get their flagmantle hopes up before it all fades away in second half.

I know this is a Gimmick, but I was thinking about organising a boys trip to see this. I don't get to Adelaide often and would love to check out their stadium.

I'm cooling on the idea though as that fixture is dogshit. Where are the blockbusters? 7 of the 9 games are a 2022 finalist vs a non finalist. That's bound to lead to a lot of boring matches.

AFL have cooked this. Why not have:
-Carlton vs Swans
-Tigers vs Pies
-Lions vs Demons
-Freo vs Geelong

That would be much more exciting

Because those games will attract big crowds playing at the home teams home grounds. Why waste marquee games in Adelaide? They have all the games, not all the best games for aweekend.

Because those games will attract big crowds playing at the home teams home grounds. Why waste marquee games in Adelaide? They have all the games, not all the best games for aweekend.
It's an added round to the AFL schedule though meaning these games would not exist otherwise... Why not make them decent match-ups? Whats the point in adding a round to the schedule of one-sided games?

It's an added round to the AFL schedule though meaning these games would not exist otherwise... Why not make them decent match-ups? Whats the point in adding a round to the schedule of one-sided games?

Who plays who where in the normal 22 rounds effects who plays who inthis extra round in Adelaide.

They wont waste high grossing matchups for the Adelaide round.

Full fixture confirmed

View attachment 1570885

Edit : This graphic is wrong. We aren’t playing Carlton at Optus in round 18 and there’s a round missing

I know sometimes we want to wish certain fixtures to go away, but denying there's 24 rounds this season might be a bit too ambitious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other news the Herald Sun lists which broadcaster will be televising the matches (up until Round 16 when timeslots are TBA)

Every one of our games is on Fox so there’s bound to be a few delayed telecasts on FTA

Why does the AFL make things unnecessarily complicated?

Something as simple as the bye rounds.
4, 2, 6, 6 teams off in consecutive weeks.
What was so wrong with 6, 6, 6??

Or God forbid, just 1 week with everyone off!

Based on that fixture I think we can win 6-8 games.
Decent chance:
Rd 9 Suns (home)
Rd 11 Essendon (home)
Rd 12 Pies (home)
Rd 16 Saints (home)
Rd 20 Norf (home)
Rd 24 Crows (home)
Possible:
Rd 1 Norf (away)
Rd 2 GWS (home)

Last edited:
Kinda surprised we got a Friday night game, no stupid Thursday games scheduled yet. Looks ok honestly. And the AFL were nice enough to schedule 2 away games in a row in Adelaide when I'll be in Bali 😜

Me trying to make sense of this fixture matrix
Just For Laughs Reaction GIF

Why do we have Tigers and Blues twice? Thought we'd get bottom sides twice like GWS and Hawks.

We got two finalists twice (Freo and Richmond), no top four sides twice and three bottom six sides.

Can’t complain about that aspect.

Full fixture confirmed

View attachment 1570885

Edit : This graphic is wrong. We aren’t playing Carlton at Optus in round 18 and there’s a round missing

I'm missing something.

Correcting the graphic to play Carlton AWAY in R18 (after being H in R7) and making R3 match white (ground Yellow) as it is an away game and making R21 yellow as it is a home game, I get...
11 games at OPtus. Normally 11 home games plus an away Freo. Am I miscounting? Missing something obvious? It's not the gather round as we are the away team.

I'm missing something.

Correcting the graphic to play Carlton AWAY in R18 (after being H in R7) and making R3 match white (ground Yellow) as it is an away game and making R21 yellow as it is a home game, I get...
11 games at OPtus. Normally 11 home games plus an away Freo. Am I miscounting? Missing something obvious? It's not the gather round as we are the away team.

12 games at Optus
Rd 2 v Giants
Rd 3 v Freo (away)
Rd 4 v Demons
Rd 7 v Carlton
Rd 9 v Suns
Rd 11 v Bombers
Rd 12 v Pies
Rd 16 v Saints
Rd 18 v Richmond
Rd 20 v North
Rd 22 v Freo (home)
Rd 24 v Crows

12 games at Optus
Rd 2 v Giants
Rd 3 v Freo (away)
Rd 4 v Demons
Rd 7 v Carlton
Rd 9 v Suns
Rd 11 v Bombers
Rd 12 v Pies
Rd 16 v Saints
Rd 18 v Richmond
Rd 20 v North
Rd 22 v Freo (home)
Rd 24 v Crows

And the 11 away (non-WA) games
Rd 1 v North (Marvel)
Rd 5 v Geelong (Adelaide - Magic The Gathering)
Rd 6 v Port (Adelaide)
Rd 8 v Richmond (MCG)
Rd 10 v Hawks (Launceston)
Rd 13 v Adelaide (Adelaide)
Rd 15 v Swans (SCG)
Rd 17 v Lions (Gabba)
Rd 19 v Carlton (Marvel)
Rd 21 v Bombers (Marvel)
Rd 23 v Bulldogs (Marvel)

Five trips to Melbourne, all but one of them at Marvel
Three trips to Adelaide including a neutral game against Geelong
One trip to each of the SCG, Gabba and York Park