AFL 2023 - AFL Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week for sure, but now without Close and Dangerfield, Close of which would easily be in our top 5 this season . . . it makes for a much closer encounter.

Rohan just comes in for Close and Bruhn might play mid. Tht line is way too skinny.

Have faith there is always Round 9 to look forward to......

I just need to get in my Delorean.....

delorean-time-travel.gif

And make a purchase.....

giphy.gif
You'd probably buy a book that has stats from 1950-2000 in it as well:drunk:

Ross Lyon knows how to play ugly and low scoring games at the Docklands. Todays total of 96 points combined with the Roos was the 2nd lowest scoring game at the Docklands from 1032 games.

The lowest scoring game? It was a 95 point total way back in 2010 , when guess who was coaching one of the teams? You guessed it, Ross Lyon. I feel like Ross Lyon is bringing back some of those old strategies from 2010 (the year when he got the team to a Grand Final) back.

Ross Lyon knows how to get defences up and going and the game against Adelaide next week, Id just be a tad wary of betting on the overs in totals. My guess for Adelaide Oval game would be around the mid 160s (164.5 -165.5 pts). I could see a scenario where it hits the high 150s. (158.5 pts to 159.5 pts)

To be fair the Saints have a really good backline in : Wilkie, Dougal Howard, Battle, Sinclair, Hunter Clark and Paton. Occasionally, Mason Wood and Marshall float back to help the defence.

Anyway I have a maths tutoring lesson now.
NYRB: So, you put in all the variables, run the regression and extrapolate the data to give you an estimate of the Overs for the match. And then you compare that to the bookies to work our which way to bet.

Student: But my mummy said we were just going to practice my times tables.

If Ridley is out next week, that leaves Zerk-Thatcher as the only genuine KPB in the side?

Up against Brisbane next week. Joey is a handful, I don't rate Hipwood. Then Richmond - not overly threatening without Lynch.

Then WCE, who have a few useful talls. Although life is pretty tough for WCE forwards atm.

Something to keep an eye out for.

Haven't bothered watching most games lately, just checked the scores for today's games, damn, what a train wreck.

Imagine paying money to attend the North vs Saints match 😳

Degens getting wiped out, left right and centre, not many goal trains these days.

I'm too lazy to do it right now but eventually I would like to put together a spreadsheet to see if there is much variation in 5+ goal kickers per round across the season.

Seems like they have almost disappeared lately.

James Rowbottom Over 76.5 AFL Fantasy Points at $1.87 v Collingwood.
This one lost with Rowbottom landing on 75. Gave away a free kick in that 4th quarter which proved the difference despite getting 6 tackles from the game (equal most of all players).

Dont have the numbers or stats on me but would be interested to know what his Fantasy record @ SCG v away games. Thinking SCG suits his style for Fantasy scoring.

I dont reckon he has that great an engine or gets himself in great positions aside from bouncedowns.

Haven't bothered watching most games lately, just checked the scores for today's games, damn, what a train wreck.

Imagine paying money to attend the North vs Saints match 😳

Degens getting wiped out, left right and centre, not many goal trains these days.

I'm too lazy to do it right now but eventually I would like to put together a spreadsheet to see if there is much variation in 5+ goal kickers per round across the season.

Seems like they have almost disappeared lately.

Curnow 9, Hawkins 8 (and 5), Weideman, Mihocek, Charlie Cameron (7), Finlayson, J.Cameron, Ben King all 5 in last 3 rounds.

Bunch of others (Allen twice, King again, Charlie Cam again, Stringer, Bailey, Fritsch, Tex, Daniels, Riewoldt, Naughton, Toby) kicked 4 in that time too.

Few good trains

If Ridley is out next week, that leaves Zerk-Thatcher as the only genuine KPB in the side?

Up against Brisbane next week. Joey is a handful, I don't rate Hipwood. Then Richmond - not overly threatening without Lynch.

Then WCE, who have a few useful talls. Although life is pretty tough for WCE forwards atm.

Something to keep an eye out for.

Oscar Allen is quietly smashing it, top 5 Coleman now.

Anyone know what’s going on with sportsbet. Paid out 5-6 bets tonight as winners that were clear losses. Eg Mitchell/ coniglio 50 possies and 2 goals paid as a winner despite both kicking 0 goals, perryman daicos 50/2 goals paid as a winner both kicked 0, 4-5 similar bets all losers paid as winners. Pies to kick the first goal every qtr paid as a winner too….. a few mates accounts have gone into negatives due to them paying Kelly over 27.5 as a winner then taking it back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back