Port ( late charge after Ken goes)
Bulldogs
Saints
West Coast
Essendon
North Melbourne
Hawthorn

Freo for the Flag.

Port getting a run on after Ken goes muddying the water in a search for a new coach. Or Josh Carr being told to play kids and get games in to them?

Jaymie Graham appointed coach of Port at the end of Fremantles finals campaign.

1 - Geelong
2 - Brisbane
3 - Melbourne
4 - Richmond
5 - Sydney
6 - Carlton
7 - Collingwood
8 - Western Bulldogs
----------
9 - Fremantle
10 - Adelaide
11 - Gold Coast SUNS
12 - Port Adelaide
13 - West Coast
14 - Essendon
15 - St Kilda
16 - GWS
17 - Hawthorn
18 - North Melbourne

GF & Premiers - Geelong v Richmond, Richmond premiers
Wooden spoon - North Melbourne
Brownlow - Lachie Neale
Coleman - Tom Lynch
Power B&F - Rozee
Power AA - None
Power most improved - Bergman
Power rising star nominees - Burgoyne

Positive story line - 1) Hinkley and Davies both gone. 2) Scully looks the real deal kicking 35 goals at SANFL level
Negative story line - 1) Georgiades and Bergman want home. 2) Hinkley’s replacement comes from within our current coaching group

Interesting. Richmond have looked pretty poor in the pre season. I struggle to see them getting back to winning flags again any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brisbane
Freo
Carlton
Melbourne
Collingwood
Geelong
Richmond
Crows
Gold Coast
GWS
Swans
Port ( late charge after Ken goes)
Bulldogs
Saints
West Coast
Essendon
North Melbourne
Hawthorn

Freo for the Flag.

Port getting a run on after Ken goes muddying the water in a search for a new coach. Or Josh Carr being told to play kids and get games in to them?

Jaymie Graham appointed coach of Port at the end of Fremantles finals campaign.

Noice.

Late charge but still finish 12th

Probably not a good time to do these predictions when our poor pre season games are still so fresh in our heads. It’s not looking good as history tells us we don’t have a round 1 switch that other teams may have, but we probably don’t make the best of predictions when emotional either.

It probably is against the rules of this thread, so I’ll refrain from making predictions this year but I’m so confused by ports pre season that I probably need to see how we play in the first few rounds to get a read on them.

If you are comparing apples with apples our pre season is not too dissimilar to Richmond, yet most still have them in the 8. Although they’ve got experience in winning premierships so they probably know how and when to flick the switch.

It’s also interesting seeing how quickly the crows stocks have risen on this board. Yeah they look impressive in the trial games but it just doesn’t make any sense to me how their rubbish team of the last few seasons can out of nowhere leap frog us. I don’t think it will happen, a lot are comparing them to us in 2013 but do they have prime Gray, Boak, Hartlett, Ebert, Schulz, Wingard, Westhoff, monfries, etc in their team. Their best players are old as the hills and I still don’t think their kids are that good.

Lions
Demo s
Freo
Cars
Swans
Dogs
Blues
Sun's
Pies
Tigers
Port
Crows
W.coast
Saints
Ess
GWS
Roos
Hawks

Doughnuts sacked mid season
JHF wins rising star
Hardwick annouced new Port coach
Hinkley off to Tasmania

Lions
Demo s
Freo
Cars
Swans
Dogs
Blues
Sun's
Pies
Tigers
Port
Crows
W.coast
Saints
Ess
GWS
Roos
Hawks

Doughnuts sacked mid season
JHF wins rising star
Hardwick annouced new Port coach
Hinkley off to Tasmania
JHF isn't eligible, he's exceeded the ten game limit.

01. Melbourne
02. Brisbane
03. Geelong
04. Sydney
05. Fremantle
06. Carlton
07. Richmond
08. Western Bulldogs

09. Collingwood
10. St. Kilda
11. Port Adelaide
12. Gold Coast
13. Greater Western Sydney
14. Essendon
15. Adelaide
16. West Coast
17. Hawthorn
18. North Melbourne

Grand Final: Melbourne d. Brisbane
Brownlow: Errol Gulden
Coleman: Aaron Naughton
Port B&F: Connor Rozee
Port AA’s: Rozee (interchange), Powell-Pepper (nomination)
Port MIP: Xavier Duursma
Port RSN: Jase Burgoyne

Positive Storyline: I win both my fantasy premierships

Negative Storyline: Hinkley earns a 2-year extension off the back of the sheer weight of talent at his disposal ‘showing promise’ amidst the usual premeditated excuses regarding injury and youth.

Probably not a good time to do these predictions when our poor pre season games are still so fresh in our heads. It’s not looking good as history tells us we don’t have a round 1 switch that other teams may have, but we probably don’t make the best of predictions when emotional either.

It probably is against the rules of this thread, so I’ll refrain from making predictions this year but I’m so confused by ports pre season that I probably need to see how we play in the first few rounds to get a read on them.

If you are comparing apples with apples our pre season is not too dissimilar to Richmond, yet most still have them in the 8. Although they’ve got experience in winning premierships so they probably know how and when to flick the switch.

It’s also interesting seeing how quickly the crows stocks have risen on this board. Yeah they look impressive in the trial games but it just doesn’t make any sense to me how their rubbish team of the last few seasons can out of nowhere leap frog us. I don’t think it will happen, a lot are comparing them to us in 2013 but do they have prime Gray, Boak, Hartlett, Ebert, Schulz, Wingard, Westhoff, monfries, etc in their team. Their best players are old as the hills and I still don’t think their kids are that good.

Go back through the history of the predictions, we have tended to overrate ourselves every year. A poor preseason might have us predicting more accurately and not getting carried away in the preseason glow.

Go back through the history of the predictions, we have tended to overrate ourselves every year. A poor preseason might have us predicting more accurately and not getting carried away in the preseason glow.

The majority seem to be predicting our lowest finish in the entire Hinkley era and actually somehow doing worse than last year. Whilst my current expectations have been lowered I still see us hovering around either the bottom end of the 8 or just missing out again.

What I’m mainly getting at is that after a couple days of stewing over our horrible pre season games, I don’t want to panic just yet. We are 0 and 0, the same as every other team so there is still some hope.

ladder

1678008993293.png

GF & Premiers - Demons v Geelong , Demons premiers
Wooden spoon - North Melbourne
Brownlow - Lachie Neale
Coleman - Tom Lynch
Power B&F - Rozee
Power AA - None
Power most improved - Bergman
Power rising star nominees - Burgoyne

Positive story line - sack hinley
Negative story line - carr our next senior coach and georgie playing for purple next year

Ken is here until August.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the tingles come from the shambles that they were ( and most likely still are) and finish higher on the premiership table than the Power this season, what a f****** indictment that would be on the so called leadership of the kokmeister, and the `coaching' of hinkley.

If the tingles come from the shambles that they were ( and most likely still are) and finish higher on the premiership table than the Power this season, what a f****** indictment that would be on the so called leadership of the kokmeister, and the `coaching' of hinkley.
Unfortunately we need them to, if not finish higher than us, at least be higher than us mid-season, so the club can stop justifying the line of being ok, whilst shitting in a pile of dog s**t, because we're still better than the Crows. It's yet another thing to hate Koch, Ken and Richo for. We used to laugh at Adelaide fans, in the years we were s**t and they weren't much better, but they were content as they'd finished higher than us or won a Showdown.

With so many gaslit into believing 'Best team in SA (ignore the other 16!)' means something, there will be some schadenfreude if this is what finally brings down the empire of mediocrity.

I’m surprised most have Brisbane playing off at least but have us in the pits.
You should all put every dollar you can muster up this week on Brissy.
Port $1.86
Brissy $1.96

I’m surprised most have Brisbane playing off at least but have us in the pits.
You should all put every dollar you can muster up this week on Brissy.
Port $1.86
Brissy $1.96

Nah this is looking too obvious.
Bookmakers don't go broke as a rule.
It's a home game the odds are about right.

1. Brisbane
2. Melbourne
3. Geelong
4. Fremantle
5. Carlton
6. Richmond
7. Gold Coast
8. Port Adelaide

9. Sydney
10. Western Bulldogs
11. Collingwood
12. St Kilda
13. Adelaide
14. GWS
15. North Melbourne
16. West Coast
17. Hawthorn
18. Essendon

GF & Premiers: Melbourne to defeat Fremantle
Wooden spoon: Essendon
Brownlow - Petracca
Coleman - Tom Lynch
Power B&F - Rozee
Power AA - Rozee
Power most improved - JHF
Power Rising Star nominations - Jase Burgoyne, Josh Sinn
Positive story line - First publicly gay AFL player
Negative story line - Ken Hinkley's contract extended due to Port sneaking into 8th (getting knocked out in first round by 50 points)

Brisbane finally breaks from the pack, with Eddie Woloschek picking them to finish outside the 8.

Only two perfect (everyone thinks will make it) teams left: Geelong and Melbourne
Tight for 7 & 8th too between Carlton, Coll and Dogs

Last edited:
It's funny that this has become a measure for the Crows though, they've been so s**t for so long, that you can hear it in the media and amongst their supporters that finishing above Port basically equals a successful year. Something that gives them the warm fuzzies. Imagine that finishing above your neighbour was the mark of success, how sad.

I couldn't give a s**t where the Crows finish, I couldn't tell you where Port have finished Vs the crows for any season on record, it just doesn't matter.

Maybe, just maybe you can use it as a defining stat in how Ken fails to improve us, but to use it as anymore than that would be silly. Ken needs to make top 4 and more to justify being here. If he doesn't, he should be on his bike. We could finish 4th and The Crows finish 1-3 above us, and I couldn't give a rat's.

Last edited:
I started thinking about when Hinkley would be sacked. So started looking at our fixture. Feel free to take a crack at predicting our year and his sacking.

Predicted Results:

GameResultRangePredictionActual
v BrisLossComfortable0 - 1Upset1 - 0
@ CollLossClose0 - 2As expected1 - 1
v Adel50/50Line Ball1 - 2 - 50/50WUpset1 - 2
@ SydLossComfortable1 - 3Upset2 - 2
v WB50/50Line Ball2 - 3 - 50/50WAs expected3 - 2
v WCEWinComfortable3 - 3As expected4 - 2
@ StK50/50Line Ball3 - 4 - 50/50LAs expected4 - 3
v EssWinComfortable4 - 4
@ NM (TAS)WinClose5 - 4
v MelbLossComfortable5 - 5
@ RichLossComfortable5 - 6
v HawWinComfortable6 - 6
@ WBLossClose6 - 7
v GeelLossComfortable6 - 8
@ EssWinClose7 - 8
v GCWinClose8 - 8
@ CarltonLossClose8 - 9
v Coll50/50Line Ball9 - 9 - 50/50W
@ Adel50/50Line Ball9 - 10 - 50/50L
@ GeelLossThrashing9 - 11
v GWSWinClose10 - 11
@ FreoLossComfortable10 - 12
v Rich50/50Line Ball10 - 13 - 50/50L

I have predicted we'll go:
  • Likely scenario - 10 W, 13 L
  • Best Case scenario - 13 W, 10 L
  • Worst Case scenario - 7 W, 16 L

I predict Ken will be sacked after our round 21 loss to Geelong, as the finals become out of reach on the 7th of August.

Last edited:
Actually probably deserves its own thread and poll for which round he'll be sacked.

Last edited:
It's funny that this has become a measure for the Crows though, they've been so s**t for so long, that you can hear it in the media and amongst their supporters that finishing above Port basically equals a successful year. Something that gives them the warm fuzzies. Imagine that finishing above your neighbour was the mark of success, how sad.

I couldn't give a s**t where the Crows finish, I couldn't tell you where Port have finished Vs the crows for any season on record, it just doesn't matter.

Maybe, just maybe you can use it as a defining stat in how Ken fails to improve us, but to use it as anymore than that would be silly. Ken needs to make top 4 and more to justify being here. If he doesn't, he should be on his bike. We could finish 4th and The Crows finish 1-3 above us, and I couldn't give a rat's.
I'd give a rats if they finished 1st, but apart from that, completely agree with the rest of the post.

Back