Resource 2023 AFLW Provisional Draft Order - live based on current ladder

AFLW Resource

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is for the 2023 Draft Order. Some picks in this draft may be acquired as compensation for the Priority Signing Period in March 2023.

Through the trade & sign period I will try and keep it as up to date as possible, but I am one person so please be patient.

I will also set up threadmarks on the round updates, and will do the same through the trade period as picks change hands. This allows you to put the thread in reader mode, only seeing updates, or to jump back and forth to particular trades that may be of interest. To access this feature please use the button at the top right corner of the thread.

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!​

Last edited:

The upcoming 2023 draft order is impacted by the compensation picks awarded 12 months later for Molloy and others.
Yep – updating this is on my todo list, will probably get to it tomorrow along with putting in the finals results. Certainly will be done by Thursday when the trade period starts

End-of-season update
Alrighty there we go: the post-grand final draft order with compensation picks incorporated. The live embed at the top of this thread also breaks down the national draft order into state-based draft orders.

View attachment 1866460

Lore seems you have given the Swans the compo picks for Molloy and McEvoy that are supposed to go to Collingwood and Carlton.

Day 2 updates: Farquharson, Duursma, Sherriff, West, McCarthy, Roux
Alright this has been brought up to date. I obviously need to turn on my tweet notifications for AFL House again... which means re-downloading that app :\

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 15.40.52.png

Also of note is that I've removed the Gold Coast 2nd rounder as per Pie 4 Life's info in TheTassieHawk's post above.

I've also adjusted the compensation picks for Bands 1, 3, 5 to the middle of the round in which it falls, being directly after 9th placed St Kilda's original ("natural") pick in Rounds 1, 2 and 3. This means that my draft order now matches the one on the AFL website here: AFLW Draft Order: Your club's picks as they stand

This resource should be up to date pretty much as soon as I can after each trade is formalised for the remainder of trade period :)

For anyone wanting to embed it elsewhere on the forum (club boards, etc) please use the following code:
Code:
[MEDIA="googlespreadsheetnew"]1BUDCbbIBpCi9uuvbYZUFpLFhXRJNH4_3pxwC0jgirhQ[/MEDIA]

FYI Moderator

Birch (Melb) with pick 35 to North Melbourne for pick 19
Hillier (Bris) to Sydney for pick 73
4-way trade between Collingwood, Carlton, North Melbourne, St Kilda

Four-way trade

Collingwood give: Tarni Brown, Pick 48
Collingwood get: Annie Lee, Pick 31, Pick 59

Carlton give: Annie Lee, Paige Trudgeon, Pick 47
Carlton get: Tarni Brown, Pick 48

North Melbourne give: Pick 52, Pick 59
North Melbourne get: Pick 47

St Kilda give: Pick 31
St Kilda get: Paige Trudgeon, Pick 52

IMG_1314.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pauga (Bris) and pick 73 to GWS for Pick 24
3-way trade: Moody to Carlton, Laloifi & Gavalas to WB, Gavalas and pick 25 to NM
Caris (GWS) to St Kilda for pick 52
Drennan (GC) to West Coast for pick 27
3-way trade: Smith (Bris) to Gold Coast for pick 68, Howarth (GC) to Collingwood for pick 59 and Smith (~pick 68)
Pick swap: Pick 27 (GC) to North Melbourne for picks 35 & 38
3-club trade: Smith (Bris) to Geelong, Johnson (Geel) to West Coast, Davison & Hartill (WCE) to Brisbane

3-club trade

Brisbane give: Bella Smith, pick 24, pick 32, pick 41
Brisbane get: Shanae Davison, Eleanor Hartill, pick 36, pick 57

West Coast give: Shanae Davison, Eleanor Hartill
West Coast get: Annabel Johnson, pick 24

Geelong give: Annabel Johnson, pick 36, pick 57
Geelong get: Bella Smith, pick 32, pick 41

Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 21.22.42.png

Hicks & Dallaway (GWS) traded to Richmond with pick 43 for picks 30 & 69
Keaney (GC) traded to Essendon with pick 72 for pick 53
Davies (GC) traded to Sydney for pick 55
Newman (Syd) traded to GWS with pick 34 in exchange for pick 30