Resource 2023 AFLW Supplementary Draft Order

AFLW Resource

Remove this Banner Ad

This spreadsheet tracks picks traded in the 2023 AFLW Interim Draft (overage draft) and players acquired ahead of the 2023 AFLW season.

During the trade period I will try and keep it as up to date as possible when picks change hands, but I am one person so please be patient.

Threadmarks will be added to each update. This allows you to put the thread in reader mode, only seeing updates without the chatter in between, or to jump back and forth to particular trades or other updates that might be of interest. To access this feature please use the button at the top right corner of the thread.

Tag me if you notice anything that isn't quite right!

For the 2022 AFLW Draft, see here:
Resource - 2022 AFLW Draft Order

For the 2021 AFLW Draft, see here:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2021-aflw-draft.1256108/

Still no confirmed draft order with less than 48 hours to go. 🤔
I guess Sarah Black is covering the men's on the weekend. Hopefully we get a confirmed draft order tomorrow. We may get confirmation of the picks live as they happen, though.

I'm still baffled we're having this draft at this time of year. We've just finished round 2 of the VFL and round 3 of the Coates League. It's not like training starts soon. I don't get the urgency.

I guess Sarah Black is covering the men's on the weekend. Hopefully we get a confirmed draft order tomorrow. We may get confirmation of the picks live as they happen, though.
Sarah is a reporter for AFL Media, AFL House should have published the draft order which is sent out to the email lists for the clubs and the media in general. BigFooty is on a mailing list that Chief forwards to us so we can keep draft info updated, but haven't got anything yet.
I'm still baffled we're having this draft at this time of year. We've just finished round 2 of the VFL and round 3 of the Coates League. It's not like training starts soon. I don't get the urgency.
The draft was originally supposed to be in February or March, before the season started at all. There will be another draft at the end of this year or early next year for the girls playing Coates League in 2023. The current off-season is running late because reasons

Sarah is a reporter for AFL Media, AFL House should have published the draft order which is sent out to the email lists for the clubs and the media in general. BigFooty is on a mailing list that Chief forwards to us so we can keep draft info updated, but haven't got anything yet.
Well, if it's not all Sarah Black's fault, then I'm left to conclude that the people who should have put out a release by now either:

A) Don't care.
B) Think that we don't care and don't need to bother.

The draft was originally supposed to be in February or March, before the season started at all. There will be another draft at the end of this year or early next year for the girls playing Coates League in 2023. The current off-season is running late because reasons
There's still some 04-born players in the Coates. I'm not sure that any of them will have done enough in three weeks to convince teams they were wrong about them last year, but that's why I suggested it should be later. Maybe it needs to be this early to allow for players to figure out living and work situations - I don't know. It just feels weird making teams draft off virtually no additional football since the last draft.

If teams do a lot of passing so they can fill the spots later, I think it'll be a decent sign they've got the timing wrong.

Well, if it's not all Sarah Black's fault, then I'm left to conclude that the people who should have put out a release by now either:

A) Don't care.
B) Think that we don't care and don't need to bother.

There's still some 04-born players in the Coates. I'm not sure that any of them will have done enough in three weeks to convince teams they were wrong about them last year, but that's why I suggested it should be later. Maybe it needs to be this early to allow for players to figure out living and work situations - I don't know. It just feels weird making teams draft off virtually no additional football since the last draft.

If teams do a lot of passing so they can fill the spots later, I think it'll be a decent sign they've got the timing wrong.
Think of it as the equivalent of the SSP in the AFL, based on preseason training

Final Draft Order
Draft Night: The End!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back