IL - alpha 130 -vs- test 210
CB - alpha 140 -vs-- test 220
S - alpha 160 -vs- test 220

GG.exe

Kylo was here
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Okay, I didnt read it right, just kept seeing the word down.
My bad, bad phrasing.

Meant analyze from the top scorer at every position down the page (20th end of page). Top scorers are like mountain peaks, spiking.

TheGreatBarryB

Hall of Famer
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds
We dont want to nerf offense too much. Happy for D to get a bump, but still want to reward good O players. If too much parity then becomes like Omega or Fleaflicker.
Yeah agree. Tweak D but I don’t want to other league levels. Prefer to be in a league more O heavy otherwise just becomes another of those leagues

GG.exe

Kylo was here
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Returned Test scoring on offense to exactly like alpha.

For IDPs, kept it all largely the same as Alpha but just created staggered scoring for DBs vs DL vs LB when it comes to assists and solo tackles, added for them points per sack yardage, points per INT yardage, points per Fumble return yardage to boost them a smidgen more (talking 3-5 pts)

Fixed some errors on Return yardage, and some errors on offense for bonus points when reaching yardage milestones.....old system wasnt awarding the second bonus. Fixed a couple errors or changed the value on fumbles, fumble recoveries.

So offense is all scoring exactly the sane as before bar the fumbles ....eg, Mahomes 449 now not 451.

Alpha scoring kept as simplified as it was before, not a billion different scoring rules like Omega....just Solo tackles and assists had to be staggered for IDPs.

manureid

Laziest Poster on Figbooty
Nov 24, 2003
Deleted Threads
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders
I think the bump to IDP players, reduce squad size slightly, adding the 4 to taxi and making it a 2 QB system are good initial updates to freshen up the league. The bumps to IDP is good it it rewards turnover stuff, impact plays.

But happy to see what others like/don't like.

J Shuttlesworth

Nil Serious Content
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NFL: MIN NBA: CHA NCAA: MSU/SIU
My 2c worth, I would vote to:
  • Keep it H2H
  • Reduce roster sizes by 5, but introduce a Taxi Squad for rookies only
  • Reduce Max starting QBs to 2, with Max 4 QBs on each roster (not including Taxi squad)
  • Keep as IDP, tweak IDP scoring a little more

Don't mind any of that, but as a newcomer I will go with the majority on any of this.

One clarification about the Taxi here as I have seen it both ways;

Can you promote and drop rookies back to the Taxi throughout the season.
or
Once you have promoted them to the Active roster they cannot go back on the Taxi Squad.

Don't mind either way, just wondering.

manureid

Nov 24, 2003
Deleted Threads
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders
Don't mind any of that, but as a newcomer I will go with the majority on any of this.

One clarification about the Taxi here as I have seen it both ways;

Can you promote and drop rookies back to the Taxi throughout the season.
or
Once you have promoted them to the Active roster they cannot go back on the Taxi Squad.

Don't mind either way, just wondering.
Ideally you can send them back. So can be promoted to cover injury or bye weeks etc. But then you can put them back on I reckon.

GG.exe

Kylo was here
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Taxi rookies only, but you can promote or demote unlimited times
IR would be the same...but no Outs allowed, have to be actual player on IR or S (suspended) or C (covid).

I mean we can bump both of these up to say 6 or set at 4, but alpha can finally have a taxi at least when it never could before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drd23

Hall of Famer
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Also think a refresh keeper draft would be fun with all teams picking 10 players and everything back into the pool otherwise.
Would like this too, but it would require everyone continuing on to agree to it, especially NDG given he'd be most effected by it

manureid

Nov 24, 2003
Deleted Threads
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders
Would like this too, but it would require everyone continuing on to agree to it, especially NDG given he'd be most effected by it
Yeh, some people have done well to build amazing squads (well NDG has), so would be pretty harsh to say now, keep 10 of them and let the rest of us catch up to you. Having said that, he didnt make the final this year even with that squad, so no guarantees in FF.

GG.exe

Kylo was here
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Test League proposal wouldnt require that. Just having to cut your squad do 26-28 keepers from current 40+ should create some parity while not butchering his existing core roster.

Anyway, to me, it's not about thwarting NDG, just invigorating the IDPs and improving some other issues (too large a roster, no FAs, taxi, 2 max qb)

manureid

Nov 24, 2003
Deleted Threads
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United,Raiders
The Test League proposal wouldnt require that. Just having to cut your squad do 26-28 keepers from current 40+ should create some parity while not butchering his existing core roster.

Anyway, to me, it's not about thwarting NDG, just invigorating the IDPs and improving some other issues (too large a roster, no FAs, taxi, 2 max qb)
I am kinda happy with these proposals. Is more a small rejuvenation type thing without firebombing the whole place.

GG.exe

Kylo was here
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I am kinda happy with these proposals. Is more a small rejuvenation type thing without firebombing the whole place.
Yep, just waiting to get an approval from others so I can port over the settings and we can move forward. New guys have a say too.

Dagless

Hall of Famer
Jan 26, 2007
Not Scotland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NYGiants
Yeh, some people have done well to build amazing squads (well NDG has), so would be pretty harsh to say now, keep 10 of them and let the rest of us catch up to you. Having said that, he didnt make the final this year even with that squad, so no guarantees in FF.
I mean, before this injury year I had 4 years of coming 2nd to three different players and I think I would have said the same thing two years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad