Fantasy 2023 - ALPHA League - Discussion

We dont want to nerf offense too much. Happy for D to get a bump, but still want to reward good O players. If too much parity then becomes like Omega or Fleaflicker.
Yeah agree. Tweak D but I don’t want to other league levels. Prefer to be in a league more O heavy otherwise just becomes another of those leagues

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Returned Test scoring on offense to exactly like alpha.

For IDPs, kept it all largely the same as Alpha but just created staggered scoring for DBs vs DL vs LB when it comes to assists and solo tackles, added for them points per sack yardage, points per INT yardage, points per Fumble return yardage to boost them a smidgen more (talking 3-5 pts)

Fixed some errors on Return yardage, and some errors on offense for bonus points when reaching yardage milestones.....old system wasnt awarding the second bonus. Fixed a couple errors or changed the value on fumbles, fumble recoveries.

So offense is all scoring exactly the sane as before bar the fumbles ....eg, Mahomes 449 now not 451.

Alpha scoring kept as simplified as it was before, not a billion different scoring rules like Omega....just Solo tackles and assists had to be staggered for IDPs.

I think the bump to IDP players, reduce squad size slightly, adding the 4 to taxi and making it a 2 QB system are good initial updates to freshen up the league. The bumps to IDP is good it it rewards turnover stuff, impact plays.

But happy to see what others like/don't like.

My 2c worth, I would vote to:
  • Keep it H2H
  • Reduce roster sizes by 5, but introduce a Taxi Squad for rookies only
  • Reduce Max starting QBs to 2, with Max 4 QBs on each roster (not including Taxi squad)
  • Keep as IDP, tweak IDP scoring a little more

Don't mind any of that, but as a newcomer I will go with the majority on any of this.

One clarification about the Taxi here as I have seen it both ways;

Can you promote and drop rookies back to the Taxi throughout the season.
or
Once you have promoted them to the Active roster they cannot go back on the Taxi Squad.

Don't mind either way, just wondering.

Don't mind any of that, but as a newcomer I will go with the majority on any of this.

One clarification about the Taxi here as I have seen it both ways;

Can you promote and drop rookies back to the Taxi throughout the season.
or
Once you have promoted them to the Active roster they cannot go back on the Taxi Squad.

Don't mind either way, just wondering.
Ideally you can send them back. So can be promoted to cover injury or bye weeks etc. But then you can put them back on I reckon.

Would like this too, but it would require everyone continuing on to agree to it, especially NDG given he'd be most effected by it
Yeh, some people have done well to build amazing squads (well NDG has), so would be pretty harsh to say now, keep 10 of them and let the rest of us catch up to you. Having said that, he didnt make the final this year even with that squad, so no guarantees in FF.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Test League proposal wouldnt require that. Just having to cut your squad do 26-28 keepers from current 40+ should create some parity while not butchering his existing core roster.

Anyway, to me, it's not about thwarting NDG, just invigorating the IDPs and improving some other issues (too large a roster, no FAs, taxi, 2 max qb)

The Test League proposal wouldnt require that. Just having to cut your squad do 26-28 keepers from current 40+ should create some parity while not butchering his existing core roster.

Anyway, to me, it's not about thwarting NDG, just invigorating the IDPs and improving some other issues (too large a roster, no FAs, taxi, 2 max qb)
I am kinda happy with these proposals. Is more a small rejuvenation type thing without firebombing the whole place.

Yeh, some people have done well to build amazing squads (well NDG has), so would be pretty harsh to say now, keep 10 of them and let the rest of us catch up to you. Having said that, he didnt make the final this year even with that squad, so no guarantees in FF.
I mean, before this injury year I had 4 years of coming 2nd to three different players and I think I would have said the same thing two years ago.

Back